Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:43 PM

Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" (12001 Views)

. / Joomla Vs Wordpress Vs Drupal / Joomla Vs Wordpress Vs Drupal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by my2cents(m): 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2008
So,

Some time last year, I decided to teach myself how to use the various PHP CMSs but due to lack of time, I could only devote time to Joomla! From your experience(s), is it the better candidate? If not, from your experience(s), which of the PHP CMS packages is best?

Please keep your responses pithy and provide your answers under the following headers:
1) Learning Curve
2) Set up
3) UI (does it use CSS vs tables, SEO, page weight, etc)
4) Maintenance (making updates, archiving, etc)
5) Features (polls, login authentication, etc)

Thanks
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by WebMonk(m): 9:03am On Jan 21, 2008
i would recommend exponent (exponentcms.org)

learning curve

its a snap.i've used it for more than 5 sites now, and it's extremely user friendly, to both admin and user.why? More on that down

install is on the fly.you can upload the zip file to your server, unzip it, then install.install is in 5 steps,all laid in layman terms.also points out problems during installation (if any) and how to solve them.that way, you're never left in the dark

design
did i mention that exponent is 100% CSS?this is the sweetest part. Also,they have a detailed step-by-step guide on merging your already made CSS design to exponent.more on that, every module has a set of classes,so all you have to do is customise them. Awesome!

Maintainance.
Exponent has its own backup system (you can selectively backup specific modules or entire site).also has a seperate backup system for uploaded files.
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by WebMonk(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2008
Features
online polls,web blogs, news (with selective views for featured,summary, and preview images), articles,faqs,guestbooks,custom online form builder with javascript/php validator and send to both email and/or db, user accounts and groups with access rights per module,message boards, CAPTA, and so much more that space can't allow (since i used my phone)
as always, my 2 cents!
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by WebMonk(m): 9:13am On Jan 21, 2008
Because the admin is merged with the site.so rather than having one backend admin as the traditional way goes, the site is also the admin. Given the proper user permissions (from user to editor to admin),specific control handles appear for all modules. If you want to how this works i can show.because in the end,you'll be teaching the user how to use the site design to manage it,not having to learn a backend admin.
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by my2cents(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2008
webmonk,

I am liking it already. Thanks man grin

Any one else want to comment on this or others? Thanks in advance.
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by webguru(m): 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2008
i didn't know it was that good. thanks man
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by smartsoft(m): 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2008
Yah i never knew it was good to use ooo i will recommend it for ya my2cent just try it
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by WebMonk(m): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2008
<removed>
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2008
WebMonk:

Features
online polls,web blogs, news (with selective views for featured,summary, and preview images), articles,faqs,guestbooks,custom online form builder with javascript/php validator and send to both email and/or db, user accounts and groups with access rights per module,message boards, CAPTA, and so much more that space can't allow (since i used my phone)
as always, my 2 cents!

Is my2cents playing as webmonk?
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by my2cents(m): 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2008
webdezzi,

I dey ask the same question o! Perhaps I need to trademark that statement as I have seen that and, "hope this helps" pop up in various threads on NL grin
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by WebMonk(m): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2008
Ah! How will you people talk like that now?and webdezzi thinking i was my2cents,you really got me laughing.you no try at all.compare the total number of posts between him and me,you suppose see difference na!
As for my2cents, you haven't copyrighted your signature phrase. I think you should.it's rubbed off on me.is that bad? (maybe seun should post a list of "reserved phrases."anyone who uses it, ban!)
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by my2cents(m): 5:25pm On Jan 22, 2008
webmonk,

not bad, not bad at all. i probably won't ever trademark it so feel free to use it wink
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by SuperBrand: 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2008
i need good developers who can work on Joomla . . .

verr urgent . . .

send ur CV to TSBCAREERS@YAHOO.COM
Re: Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" by franbiks(m): 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2008
Hi SuperBrand,
Contact us at www.franbiks.com
We can help.We are a USA based consulting firm with a primary business focus on web development and online marketing.
We know Joomla CMS inside out.
Let us know your requirements, we would take it from there.

Thank you.

Franbiks

(1) (Reply)

Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver / Download THEMEFOREST Premium Themes For Your Site / Difference Between .tv And .com Plus Few Other Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.