Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! (16725 Views)

Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? / Will You Be In the Labor Room With Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by MznAirA(f): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2012
Surest sure!!!! Its something I won't forget in a loooooooooonnnnnnggggg tiiiiiime grin
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Ninilowo(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2012
adora4u1: But what if it's a boy and it peed on his father's face while coming into this world?
Most babies come out head first.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Ninilowo(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2012
We had our 2 children through CS and I was there all through. I even wanted to take some snap shots but was prevented by the doc.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by adultebony(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2012
Ninilowo: We had our 2 children through CS and I was there all through. I even wanted to take some snap shots but was prevented by the doc.

With which hand or mind?
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2012
I would, and I have, for both my children.

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by saleeh: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2012
if necessary...
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Freiburger(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2012
adultebony:

With which hand or mind?
´
which one be hand and mind? ´but una get mind to dey enter woman.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2012
U guys saying yes obviously do no know what u are saying.

If u people see O.B.O expanding and one BIG head coming out of it u'll hate intimacy for life
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Adanyebe(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2012
SURE!!! i WILL BE THERE IN CASE THOSE LOUSY MID-WIVES TRY TO MAKE A MOVE TO SWITCH MA BABY FOR ONE slowpoke
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Freiburger(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2012
Rooneyboy: U guys saying yes obviously do no know what u are saying.

If u people see O.B.O expanding and one BIG head coming out of it u'll hate intimacy for life
And seeing that and dealing with it is what makes you a man. Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by blackknight: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2012
My wife was in labour for close to 10hrs before she gave birth to our lovely boy and I was with her all the way, encouraging her and giving her my support. It was an awesome experience, there were times I wanted to cry myself from the pain she was going through but I had to be strong, and when the little man popped out...the joy was indescribable grin...it's not an experience for the feint-hearted sha.

I actually remember thinking to myself at the time that we won't be making any more babies...that thought goes out the bedroom windows after a while wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2012
The vagina is only good to look @ in time of pleasure and not when its in distress.

So to me its a big NOOOOO make she carry her +
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Okontami: 11:40am On Oct 11, 2012
I was there life and direct. I recorded everything. I had a bottle of Whisky in one hand and my camera on the other hand. Filming and drinking. Excusing my self to take some few sticks of cigarets. It was fun, but omo na hypertensive mode switched on o.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by bernfame(f): 11:41am On Oct 11, 2012
I know its not easy to stand by helplessly watching your loved ones in pain. And I'm guessing this is the mother of all pains. Nevertheless, I would love my hubby to be there with me and even capture the whole process on video.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by agohavivi(f): 11:51am On Oct 11, 2012
adora4u1: But what if it's a boy and it peed on his father's face while coming into this world?
what's the big deal if it so happens?
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by OLEBRUKU(m): 11:57am On Oct 11, 2012
Well, i wil surly b by ha syd bt myt nid two or three extra hands in dia dat wil attend 2 me if i shud faint.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Freiburger(m): 11:59am On Oct 11, 2012
OLE-BRUKU:
Well, i wil surly b by ha syd bt myt nid two or three extra hands in dia dat wil attend 2 me if i shud faint.
You will not faint bro.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by speeka: 12:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
I dont think there is anything wrong with staying with the one u love in time of labour
I personally want to witness that.am looking forward to that day wen ma love will be in labour
room and I will be the one telling her to push.
is not a bad idea at all,or guys am i wrong.
its not bad wachinh how ur baby comes out of your wife's big belly lol.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by nas00(m): 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2012
tocineworld: grin I'll gladly do that provided I'm around when she's delivering

Bros, your tone already gave you away. You're likely hoping to escape (travel) when your wife needs your support most abi?
Anyway, I just say make I hail u ni ee! wink

mrperfect: We started together, isn't bad ideal is we finished together too.

Enu dun ro'fo :-x.. Baba, do am first, then you can come and share your testimony here.smiley
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by bigtt76(f): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
...And you would want to make sure that its what you pumped in that came forth right? Hehehe

k2039: Yes,I will,afterall I pumped the baby into her womb
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by timilehin007(m): 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sincerely i wish i'd have the mind to cux i might not be able to stand the pain...
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by tintingz(m): 12:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
Nigerian doctors don't realy accept this "a man should be with his wife in the labour room" even in our culture it dosn't happen. . .na oyinbo tin be this buh i don't see anythin wrong in it being with my wife in the labour room(na me put the belle there na) buh the thing is that seeing her in pains and screaming and NOTE don't look down there aahh! At'all <gross> not advicable
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by JallowBah(f): 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
Freiburger:
And seeing that and dealing with it is what makes you a man. Grow up.

I love you.

And; my husband was there with me for almost all 16 hours of labour.
He only left for 1,5hour to go and get a bag with things and clothes for me and the baby.

He is a muslim, and according to his tradition, he is supposed to be the first to whisper in the baby ears, and he got to do that. Seeing him with our child in his arms only a few min after she was born..goodness.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by JallowBah(f): 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
tintingz: Nigerian doctors don't realy accept this "a man should be with his wife in the labour room" even in our culture it dosn't happen. . .na oyinbo tin be this buh i don't see anythin wrong in it being with my wife in the labour room(na me put the belle there na) buh the thing is that seeing her in pains and screaming and NOTE don't look down there aahh! At'all <gross> not advicable

My husband said that was the worst; seeing me in pain, and knowing there was nothing he could do to take the pain away, other than being there.

I told him I did not wanted him to look down (...lol. ) as the baby was coming, but when the nnurse said she could see the head, he looked down. Cant say it has made a difference in our lovelife, but, him seeing me go through the pain of giving birth of OUR child has definitly giving him extra respect and humbleness for me.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by jawjaw1: 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2012
I was there with her all through when she brought my bundle of joy into the world. I was the one who cut the umbilical cord sef. It is something I personally think every man should experience as it helps you to appreciate your wife even more.
I must mention here that, experiencing the difficulty of pregnancy and then the labour pains and finally child birth made me understand why a mother can genuinely curse her child and the curse will have a real effect.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by topboyz(m): 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
When the time comes i'l let you know.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Darey00(m): 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
I was in d waiting room(beside d labour room) wen my mum gave birth 2 our last born. Mehn her cries of pain were enough to melt even d hardest of hearts. D pain was better imagined dan felt. @OP, i dont knw if i can ooo...me as a person no get 2 much liver for dat kain tin
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by mallorca(m): 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by Biggoozz: 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
I did! I and d Doc delivered my baby, now six weeks old @ St. Nicholas all the way. It was a tough thing to experience but I tell guys: If you prayed with you wife for 9 months of pregnancy, you are a faith symbol she needs in that ward to pull through any challenge she faces there. I will do it again.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by EagleNest(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
very nice to be there with your wife especially in Nigeria where you can't trust anybody.
You know what I mean.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by shevon: 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
I don't think I will have the guts to see my wife go through such pains. If I do, I'm not sure we'll have more than 1 child.
Re: Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! by laykhorn(m): 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
lolz man.. But it doesnt really mean a thing. Would u tel me you didnt do that to ur mama n papa when you were probably stil in cradle or evn when you were a toddler.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? / Buy A Wife From Vietnam (100% virgin) / Why Are Women Outliving Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.