Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! (46261 Views)

Raw Video Of Uniport Aluu 4 Killings Viewers Discretion Advised / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
PORT HARCOURT: Students of the University of Port Harcourt, went on the rampage Tuesday protesting the murder of four of their colleagues by youths in Omuokiri-Aluu community last Friday and set ablaze no fewer than 12 houses in the community even as the university has been shut down by the school authorities.

Spokesman of the university, Dr William Wordi confirmed the closure of the school to the Vanguard on phone. He assured he was going to send an official statement. It was yet to come at the time of this report.

Students from other institution under the aegis of National Association of Nigeria Students, NANS, stormed the university to mobilise students in Port Harcourt to protest against the brutal killing of three of their colleagues and one other by riotous youths in Omuokiri-Aluu community last Friday.

The rampaging students blocked the East West road for several hours before allegedly marching to Omuokiri-Aluu community to start wrecking havoc. Community sources told the Vanguard that they torched about twelve houses.

Vanguard gathered that while the rampaging students were on the East West road, they reportedly insisted that they would only move out of the road after the Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof Joseph Ajienka had addressed them. The Vice Chancellor reportedly obliged them after securing assurances that he would not be rough handled

Sources said while the Vice Chancellor came to plead with the students to shun any temptation to be violent some of the students immediately started hurling sachet water at him.

Vanguard gathered that it took the timely intervention of security operatives to whisk him away from the spot. At press time, security operatives had been drafted to quell the situation.

More details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-n-e-w-suniport-shut-down-as-students-set-omuokiri-aluu-ablaze/
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by McAdem: 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
the beginning of "war"

3 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by k2039: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
dem just dey wake up

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Ramcie(f): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
So sad. " Man is the only animal to whom the torture and killing of his fellow man is a pleasure in itself" . cry cry cry . RIP #ALUU4

7 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
This action seems to me to be rather too late. Why didn't they think of addressing the students or closing down the school earlier?
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by soundtruth(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
The school authorities are not proactive but very old fashioned.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by olurotimi(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
Aluta Continua ! Victoria Asserta!, the entire community should be razed into ashes. haba mana 4 Innocent Souls!

13 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Leobreezy(m): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
Hope the VC "drank" enough water while the pure water sachets were being hurled at him.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Francheezy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
hmph.....(sighs) smh
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
Students from other institution under the aegis of National Association of Nigeria Students, NANS, stormed the university to mobilise students in Port Harcourt to protest against the brutal killing of three of their colleagues and one other by riotous youths in Omuokiri-Aluu community last Friday.

^^^^I didn't even know Nigeria had a student association... However, where were these clowns when the system was gradually turning the average Nigerian into a beast?? They can mobilise against peasant villagers, but they're too cowardly to fight the power, no

Bunch of semi-illiterates and m0rons!! When will Nigeria start producing critical thinkers, anyway?? The country is doomed without intelligent youths!!!

Failed country, failed youths, and failed educational system!!!

28 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by tyson55(m): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
This is coming rather late, but as they say, "better late than never"
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by blackmale(m): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
na now dem wake up!,,, this move suppose to have been done earlier,,, anywaay,, i hope more houses will be burnt,,and i pray that devilish guy beaten them with sticks be caugth...r.i.p Allu 4..

1 Like

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Booty4me: 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
It was to be expected.

I guess it is time we Nigerians appreciated the fact that for many years we have tolerated evil in our midst. Now it is exploding-and we are alarmed?

A country that tolerates corrupt people like Alams of Bayelsa, the past gov of Rivers State and James Ibori- a country that tolerates corrupt governors like Yerima of Zamfara because he is 'religious', a country that refuses to see anything wrong in Nuhu Ribadu's removal as EFCC chairman- is a country that gets violence like this

Until we stop defending corrupt people because 'they are our tribesmen or women'- we will get no where.

4 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by ichidodo: 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
F*URCK THOSE STUDENTS.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Sxsells: 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
Dem never kill the oba?

1 Like

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
they should tear the whole place down but not kill anyone

1 Like

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
ichidodo: F*URCK THOSE STUDENTS.

+1000000000000000000

These kids are from affluent families and they had no business being cultists...

They were trying to live a gangstar lifestyle they don't even know nothing about smh...

Peasant villagers have to suffer because of the death of a couple of spoilt kids smh...

22 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Sunofgod(m): 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Chineke . . . .
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by tigerleggs(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
Aluta Continua my brothers. I'm with you 100%.The Oba should be nailed head down on a cross, then burnt alive. His subjects 'd watch him beg for bleeping life. That man is a devil and that town is evil.
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by CrownChina: 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
During our own time the whole of Lagos was at a standstill serious rioting, for my attitude my parents deport me to abroad
McAdem:
the beginning of "war"
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by ujchief(m): 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
Burn down that village! Turn it to a desolate land! Even God did not spare Cain when he murderd Abel. The bible made it clear that what a man (community) sowed, that shall he reap, good measures, pressed down, shaking together and running over! Burn them houzez, burn them market plazez, burn them schoolz! Let it catch a'flame! Bomboklat!

3 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Kemy11(m): 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
U need to see how omokiri looks like but im afraid of reprisail from village youth. Anyway oduduwa na aluta flyover, niggaz aint smiling.

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
Greatest nigerian students!!!! Great!
Greatest gbo gbo!!! Gbo gbo!
Greatest gba gba!!!gba gba!
Greatest piannwwww!!! Piannwwww!!

ALUTA CONTINUA!
VICTORIA ASCERTA! cool
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by soicyboi1(m): 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
CRAY!!.......REALLY CRAY!!!.....
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
Ni.gger syndrome - fight against poor people but too cowardly to fight the system...

They're pus.ssies, anyway...

15 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
Now you guys are here clapping for those burning houses. Obviously understanding that laws should not be taken into any ones hands is too hard for y'all.
Anyone supporting this is a potential film maker of Jungle Justice.

4 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by onuwaje(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
As we speak.....the chief security officer's hus is ablaze, gunshots in ALUU community.. Unconfirmed reports says the mother to ugonna one of the boys murdered passed on this morning due to shock... And TOM ATEKE threatens the community to fishout those who killed his tribes men from okrika

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by soicyboi1(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx: Ni.gger syndrome - fight against poor people but too cowardly to fight the system...

They're pus.ssies, anyway...
RIGHT ON POINT BRO........NUFF SAID
Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx:

^^^^I didn't even know Nigeria had a student association... However, where were these clowns when the system was gradually turning the average Nigerian into a beast?? They can mobilise against peasant villagers, but they're too cowardly to fight the power, no

Bunch of semi-illiterates and m0rons!! When will Nigeria start producing critical thinkers, anyway?? The country is doomed without intelligent youths!!!

Failed country, failed youths, and failed educational system!!!
COULD YOU PLS SHUT DA FUCCK UP AND STOP RANTING LIKE A TOOTHLESS BULLDOG!!

30 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by Tstark(m): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2012
Crown China: During our own time the whole of Lagos was at a standstill serious rioting, for my attitude my parents deport me to abroad

I guess you abandoned school totally when you got abroad then.......cos your english is atrocious!

14 Likes

Re: Uniport Shut Down As Students Set Umuokiri-aluu Ablaze! by donigspain(m): 9:16pm On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx:

+1000000000000000000

These kids are from affluent families and they had no business being cultists...

They were trying to live a gangstar lifestyle they don't even know nothing about smh...

Peasant villagers have to suffer because of the death of a couple of spoilt kids smh...
It's late already. Go to bed!
**tucks him in**

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Husband Kills Man Who Tried To Rape His Pregnant Wife In South Africa (Graphic) / David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him / Husband Who Strangled His 8-Month Pregnant Wife In Jos Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.