Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama (10686 Views)

Infected Africans Should Be Given The Same Choice As Americans To Experiment / I Think That Africans Should Be Vegetarians / China Is Taking Over Africa: Africans Should Be Worried. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by igbo2011(m): 4:22am On Oct 10, 2012
Barack Obama is half Kenyan but he does NOT serve the interests of Africa. He funded the rebels who started the black genocide in Libya. He kills Somalians with drones even hough the are famine struck. He supported Joseph Kabila an illeginamate Presdient in the Congo. He helped France overhrow Laurent Gbagbo and insall a puppet Outtara. He sent "advisor" to search for Kony last year. He will bring hell to Africa under AFRICOM. Mi Romney is no beter. They will both be the same ol imperialists.

Just because Obama has African blood in him, doesn' mean he serves Africa's interests. This is just a warning.

6 Likes

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Chanchit: 4:33am On Oct 10, 2012
Ok Obama is not good, Romney is bad, will you go and take over then...? Btw how many kobo did you contribute the first time he was elected...? Abegi go back to sleep. Obama is not our problem, but our leaders are. So don't vote for GEJ...!

17 Likes

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Gbawe: 5:30am On Oct 10, 2012
@Igbo2011.

I was never comfortable with the messianic support Obama received from Africans because I believed it to be an emotional and gross simplification of the American Presidency. An American president is not so much a person. He is an institution that will always be compelled and 'harmonised', above everything else, to do what is best for the USA.

It is those , in the first place, who wanted to associate the American Presidency with colour and continental goodwill (i.e Obama's link with Africa) who will be disappointed with Obama.

Those who never regarded Obama's race and origin as pertinent will understand he is simply another individual who must continue the effort to keep America dominant. This "dominance" may come at the expense of others to include Africans and it is naive, given all that is known about the USA , for anyone to think the racial and continental origin of the man in the White House changes anything. This is not necessarily a bad thing and we Africans should learn from it. Allegiance and loyalty should , first and foremost, be to the land that has developed you. Obama is not Kenyan or African. He is, beyond the dreamy rhetoric, and for the purposes that matter, 100% American.

10 Likes

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by dasparrow: 5:47am On Oct 10, 2012
Gbawe: @Igbo2011.

I was never comfortable with the messianic support Obama received from Africans because I believed it to be an emotional and gross simplification of the American Presidency. An American president is not so much a person. He is an institution that will always be compelled and 'harmonised', above everything else, to do what is best for the USA.

It is those , in the first place, who wanted to associate the American Presidency with colour and continental goodwill (i.e Obama's link with Africa) who will be disappointed with Obama.

Those who never regarded Obama's race and origin as pertinent will understand he is simply another individual who must continue the effort to keep America dominant. This "dominance" may come at the expense of others to include Africans and it is naive, given all that is known about the USA , for anyone to think the racial and continental origin of the man in the White House changes anything. This is not necessarily a bad thing and we Africans should learn from it. Allegiance and loyalty should , first and foremost, be to the land that has developed you. Obama is not Kenyan or African. He is, beyond the dreamy rhetoric, and for the purposes that matter, 100% American.

Well said.

3 Likes

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by dasparrow: 5:58am On Oct 10, 2012
@Post

Well said, but that picture with the burnt corpses made me cringe. I hate seeing the pictures of disfigured, mangled or burnt human corpses.

As Gbawe has rightly said, a United States president is all about sticking to American policies that will keep America in power. I have noticed that there is really no difference between the republicans or democrats. Almost all american presidents that ever served their country always ended up going to war with one foreign country or another. When was the last time an american president served his 4 year term peacefully without throwing bombs into a far away country? Anyways, when it comes to america, I washed my hands long time ago. I have so lost respect for that country that even taking about america disgusts me. Make them carry go and I ain't voting either.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 10, 2012
Quit worrying about my illustrious President. Whether or not anyone on the continent of Africa supports him, that will have no effect on the vote in the US. We will be just fine. Worry about Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan and help him solve the problems in Nigeria.angry

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by igbo2011(m): 7:05am On Oct 10, 2012
[/b]

It is those , [b]in the first place
, who wanted to associate the American Presidency with colour and continental goodwill (i.e Obama's link with Africa) who will be disappointed with Obama.

You know I am born and raised in America bu I have O allegaince to this country. I am African first and foremos. I will die for Africa firs. I will die for Jamaica before e I di for America. if I g drafted for world war III hen hat would be the worst day of my life. I would never want to figh for this couuntry. Learning about all the things this country does around the world makes me ashamed o be a citizen. I am trying to mak my wa to Africa or the Carribean Islands very son to build black naions!!

his is wh I madethe site www.africanedp.com I want to build Africa the pan-African way.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by igbo2011(m): 7:06am On Oct 10, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Well said, but that picture with the burnt corpses made me cringe. I hate seeing the pictures of disfigured, mangled or burnt human corpses.

As Gbawe has rightly said, a United States president is all about sticking to American policies that will keep America in power. I have noticed that there is really no difference between the republicans or democrats. Almost all american presidents that ever served their country always ended up going to war with one foreign country or another. When was the last time an american president served his 4 year term peacefully without throwing bombs into a far away country? Anyways, when it comes to america, I washed my hands long time ago. I have so lost respect for that country that even taking about america disgusts me. Make them carry go and I ain't voting either.

I don't blame you for not liking this country. Learning about the genocies his country funds especially in Africa) and all the hell his country brings makes me sick as well.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by birdman(m): 7:47am On Oct 10, 2012

Well said. Even African Americans have trouble with this concept. Politicians love it when you cant see beyond color or ethnicity. If I could vote, I would vote for Obama, as Romney is a much worse alternative. But I am under no illusion about such a vote.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by excondido(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2012

cest fini
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by excondido(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2012

cest fini
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by excondido(m): 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2012

cest fini

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by igbo2011(m): 9:14am On Oct 11, 2012
excondido:

cest fini

What does that mean?
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by redsun(m): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2012
Why not?Obama is a soul rebel.He is trying to change mankind's age old traditions of winners takes all,where the rich,just like the republican presidentila candidate,derives pleasure from seeing the poor suffer,because that is what makes them excesscively rich,exploiting the down trodden.

In as much as Obama is an american that must abide to american policies as the torch bearer,he is an american with "twisted" thoughts,an american that believes in the freedom of all. An african american.

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Oct 11, 2012
Of course, Americans should not vote in Obama simply because he has African blood. He should deserve it in order to be re-elected. Don't expect that him to twist the American policy in order to soothe Africa. Infcat he's tenure as president has brought more harm than good. I knew something like this would have happened, that's why i was shocked that Africans in Africa were jumping for joy when he won four years ago as if it would have any positive impact on their lives apart from the fact that it would increase their pride for the fact that a Kenyan is in the white house.

Mitt Romney and Obama are two sides of the same coin and if i have to pick i'll still go with Obama because he's a democrat and Romney is a republican and a war monger by default. So, his term will take us back to the Bush days.

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 11, 2012
igbo2011:

What does that mean?

It is finished. End of story.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by BrutusOj(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2012
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN is our problem n nt us invading American affair
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2012
@OP You think Romney will do better? undecided

*SMH
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by GhostFaceKiller: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2012
igbo2011: Barack Obama is half Kenyan but he does NOT serve the interests of Africa. He funded the rebels who started the black genocide in Libya. He kills Somalians with drones even hough the are famine struck. He supported Joseph Kabila an illeginamate Presdient in the Congo. He helped France overhrow Laurent Gbagbo and insall a puppet Outtara. He sent "advisor" to search for Kony last year. He will bring hell to Africa under AFRICOM. Mi Romney is no beter. They will both be the same ol imperialists.

Just because Obama has African blood in him, doesn' mean he serves Africa's interests. This is just a warning.

somali
Gbago
and Kony

are you nuts?

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by redsun(m): 10:00am On Oct 11, 2012
If not for Obama incharge,several fatal wars would have broken out in various regions of the world by now.His way of handling things is giving people chance and privilages to use their minds and save themselves.Instead of imposing on them and heralding people that are not mentally ready for change to a catastrophic change.A change they dont understand.

People change when they are ready to change,that is when it hits them.

2 Likes

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by yinchar(m): 10:23am On Oct 11, 2012
igbo2011: Barack Obama is half Kenyan but he does NOT serve the interests of Africa. He funded the rebels who started the black genocide in Libya. He kills Somalians with drones even hough the are famine struck. He supported Joseph Kabila an illeginamate Presdient in the Congo. He helped France overhrow Laurent Gbagbo and insall a puppet Outtara. He sent "advisor" to search for Kony last year. He will bring hell to Africa under AFRICOM. Mi Romney is no beter. They will both be the same ol imperialists.

@Igbo2011, I dont even know where to start with you, how can people just come here and spew shit, your main reasons for attacking Obama from what you said was that he helped overthrow Laurent Gbagbo, whao, for the sake of posterity this is a man that lost an election, and still remain sitted despite loosing his re-election, a typical attitude of African leaders, secondly you said he sent advisors to search for KONY....I ask you one question did you know who 'KONY' is?...this is a man that has committed genocide, killing thousand of innocent people and using kids soldier, wanted by the ICJ and evading capture since the past decade....also you insinuating he's killing somalians with drones, who deserves Hell-fire missiles better than Al-Shabaab, a terrorist group that makes Somalia without a functioning government since 1992, forcing Sharia law, kidnapping and suicide bombing....lets be factual with our arguments, we are all child of history, and i cannot believe you can say all what you said.....no matter how longs it takes history will surely judge......

3 Likes

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by hbrednic: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2012
redsun: If not for Obama incharge,several fatal wars would have broken out in various regions of the world by now..

do you have a crystalball or just plain speculation?
obama is involved in much more wars than any past american president,
he've used more drone than president bush ( just to prove that he is tough),i think romney will be a lot better,he is direct and talks straight.he has my vote

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by vanstanzy(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2012

Guy, let me ask u, why are u taking Panadol for someone else' headache? Obama is not Africas' problem but Her senseless, heartless and what have u, leaders.
If u feel so bad about Obama, then go take the reigns of govt. in the US and don't come here making noise.
U dey disgrace us o.

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by animari(f): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2012

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by mankand(m): 10:34am On Oct 11, 2012
@Op

You are the greatest Joker.

One thing you should know is that Mitt and Obama are reading scripts been given to them. The propaganda is to make sure America retains world power for now.

The script given to Obama is different to the script given to Mitt Romney (Didn't you guys followed the French election? Sarkozy and Hollande). The world affairs is been staged and bigger than what you both think of. I do not believe any shit.

Is Romney better than Obama? Who is Romney's Adviser? (George Bush) Romney or Obama will keep the propaganda working. Do not be fooled, i think this guy have been paid by Romney to bring down Obama

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by animari(f): 10:34am On Oct 11, 2012

indeed- very well put!!!
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by means(m): 10:34am On Oct 11, 2012
So you expected The President of the United States to go to Kenya and organise a 'thanksgiving service' as soon as the results were announced?
Now you accuse him of taking a lead in overthrowing the rogue Arab regimes while back home in the US his republican rivals accuse him of leading from behind.
Again, he has visited some African countries whom he sees as a models for democracy. He shuned Nigeria, yes. But that was a signal for the authorities to sit up.
By and large, like what one of the earlier bloggers said, the Amerian foreign policy remains the same irrespective of whether the president is a democrat or republican.
You are entitled to your opinion but we know how the world feels about both candidates.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by redsun(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2012
hbrednic:

do you have a crystalball or just plain speculation?
obama is involved in much more wars than any past american president,
he've used more drone than president bush ( just to prove that he is tough),i think romney will be a lot better,he is direct and talks straight.he has my vote

You mean inherited wars,that he has to curtail?I dont think he has started any from fresh yet?or has he?

Syria would have been a great chance for him,but he perceivers,expecting the people to come to their senses and save themselves.
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 11, 2012
Will they bring ballots to africa??
Abi how u mean?
Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by AZeD1(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2012

Nice post Gbawe. If i may add, that is also the problem plaguing Nigeria. "The president is from my tribe/religion so i must support him". I was enraged when the former DG of the stock exchange organised a dinner fundraiser 4 years ago while she had not done anything to help the Nigerian struggle. Until we africans start thinking with our heads and not emotions(tribe/religion) we will always be disappointed like the op is in Obama.

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by mrperfect(m): 10:50am On Oct 11, 2012
Every man seems to have his weakness.

1 Like

Re: Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama by Sommy4now(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2012
birdman:

Well said. Even African Americans have trouble with this concept. Politicians love it when you cant see beyond color or ethnicity. If I could vote, I would vote for Obama, as Romney is a much worse alternative. But I am under no illusion about such a vote.

Indeed!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Spends $1.8billion On Fuel Imports Quarterly / Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers / Now That Subsidy Is Gone, What Is The Plan? - Babajide Fadoju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.