Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:18 PM

UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? (8107 Views)

Abu Zaria Direct Entry Into Medicine 2015/2016 Session / List Of Admitted Students Into St. Winifred Innovative Polytechnic (7th List) / Which Nursing School Is Presently Admitting Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
People! I just heard unizik didn't admit students into medicine last year. Shoooo! What's gonna happen to the people that wrote and passed the direct entry exam into medicine this year? Pls if u have any info at all share it cos I'm really freaked out. What's exactly is going on?
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 10:50am On Oct 11, 2012
sadHaba...nobody has an answer to this? Na wa o
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
Well, just incase anyone is curious....I found out that there is really hope for those of us who wrote the DE exam for 2012/2013 into medicine. Last year the 200level class was divided so this year there is a class for us to join. Now we've just gotta wait for unizk to release the DE results for 2012/2013 good luck to us all I guess. Bye smiley
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
After the exam.....and after passing it with flying colours for that matter....we were told by a staff of unizik that they are not admitting into medicine via direct entry. I scored high and now won't get it because unizik is lousy. I'm so upset. I'm still gonna give updates. Nnamdi azikiwe university resumed 29th oct and by 31st they haven't released the second list and those for direct entry haven't seen their names for admission. This school is a disgrace oh. I'll fill u in on the details with time.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
6th november. Unizik (which resumed lectures on the 29th of oct) still hasn't released the second list for post utme or the admission list for direct entry students. I have no idea what's going on there. Such tinz neva happen elsewhere. Lectures have started and ppl don't know if they have gained admission? na wa o...
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 10:16am On Nov 15, 2012
On the 13th of this month, after months of agonising silence, the second list for utme students was released....and finally today, the direct entry admission list is being uploaded. I'll be sure to come back and give the conclusion to this story. Happy reading...lol.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 12:48am On Nov 18, 2012
Uploading that started on the 15th is still not over. And the university has still made no official announcement concerning this "no admission into medicine via direct entry" issue. I'm even getting tired of this gist undecided
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by prudjone: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
@Storm2, it is appalling that UNIZIK hasn't considered the fate of those who put in for medicine through direct entry 2012. I am also a victim of this lassi faire attitude of UNIZIK because every second I check my admission statues, it keep stating; "admission is in progress, check back soon". How soon should we keep checking even when it was officially published that the list was out on the 15th of Nov.? How long will the uploading last? If UNIZIK isn't efficient with their online stuff, then it is proper they paste the list on the board for all to see. If they have problems with admitting students into medicine, we have a right to be informed urgently rather than keeping us in the dark because we bought the forms with our monies and we passed the exams with our brains.Pls UNIZIk listen!
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
@Prudjone, thank u for commenting oh. I was starting to think I was alone in this struggle. I've neva seen anything like it. We've heard so many rumours.....the latest gist amongs students is that the website broke down and that's why some names still haven't been uploaded...its ridiculous! Why is it so hard for the school to make a public announcement? And why aren't other lecturers concerned about this? I'm starting to wonder why I bothered to put in unizik as my first choice. They're making me feel like I just wasted the space. Now they're shifting the matric date up and down. It feels like they're confused.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by Luckygurl(f): 10:30am On Nov 21, 2012
@storm2, pls were U able to see Ur score after d DE exam. My sis took d exam also but she's yet to see her's.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
We wrote the post direct entry exam on the 29th of september, todays date is the 21st of november and we still don't know where we stand. School resumed on the 29th of october. Lectures and registration have since commenced. Details about the second list and direct entry list are still ambiguous (nobody knows what the hell is going on) prescience list has been released in the interim....and the nnamdi azikiwe university administration is still saying nothing concerning the issue. I did some research and found out that there is no way of telling from the website (myunizik.com or sth like that) weather or not to give up hope. This is because you will continue to see the message "your admission process is in progress pls check back soon" even at the very end of admissions as in even when all admissions are over. There is neva closure for the poor aspiring student as the notice neva turns to "no admission" What does this mean? It means that we must continue to look at the site and hope untill january, when we will be absolutely sure that the admissions are over. Na wa o....so if u know nobody in the school no info will come to you. Its a shame....but I've got time...I'll keep posting till its compltely over. Oh! And a big congratulations to all those who gained admission....I'm so jealous of y'all....lol.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lucky gurl: @storm2, pls were U able to see Ur score after d DE exam. My sis took d exam also but she's yet to see her's.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lucky gurl: @storm2, pls were U able to see Ur score after d DE exam. My sis took d exam also but she's yet to see her's.
I don't understand how that is possible. Its been almost 2months. But I'll humour you. This is the link that I used... http://my.unizik.edu.ng/postutme/putmeresult_engine.php
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by Empex(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
All schools in nigeria want to offer mbbs, unfortunately, the course is highly regulated by mdcn, as a result, various problems surface for fall in standard.
@ op, it is important you find out the reason they were barred from admitting last year, hopefully, it is not because of exceeding their quota else i fear they are trying to manage the class size and may not be admitting until this is done (a quagmire ABU zaria is facing).
Also, if it is because of poor staffing, infrastructure or equipment, check if this has being correct, as this will herald the release of the list.
All the same, i wish you the best of luck and hope the list is released soon.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
@Empex, I have no problem with all that. If they wanna regulate let them. But how can u sell DE form, conduct an exam, release a result and then say nothing afterwards? That's theft and its just wrong. I'm a little bit at peace because I have some connections to the school but its quite unfair. If they weren't going to take ppl they should have refused to sell the form, or withheld the result, or made a PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT explaining the situation. How can u conduct an exam and then deny EVERYONE who passed the admission.....and then on top of all that keep them quiet until the day of first semester exams? Come on! This is why I love UNIBEN. Such things can't happen elsewhere.....its just a pity....even UNN was able to take ppl. By the way, UNIZIK admitted ppl into medicine via post utme this year....they have no excuse for the way they have acted.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by Luckygurl(f): 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
@storm2, tnxs 4 d link U provided, I was able to check her result. Lets hope 4 d best...
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 6:48am On Nov 22, 2012
@lucky girl, You're more than welcome.....goodluck lolsmiley
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 2:00am On Nov 26, 2012
Guys, only two new developments. First, I think all the direct entry name were uploaded today. A friend of mine just got in via DE. No word still on the fate of mbbs hopefuls like us. Next, the former VC of UNIZIK is rumoured to have been kidnapped. Now I kinda hate the school (only because they bleeped me up) but haba! Kidnapping university officials? What for na? I hope he is released soon. How can somebody work for his money only to have some dumb ass thugs kidnapp him and make away with all he has earned? Its unfair! Very unfair.....emmmm UNIZIK, I hate u right now.....peace y'all.....I think by this evening I should be closing this thread (if its my place to do that I mean) lol....nighty night.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by idmanzik: 3:27am On Nov 26, 2012
STORM2: Guys, only two new developments. First, I think all the direct entry name were uploaded today. A friend of mine just got in via DE. No word still on the fate of mbbs hopefuls like us. Next, the former VC of UNIZIK is rumoured to have been kidnapped. Now I kinda hate the school (only because they bleeped me up) but haba! Kidnapping university officials? What for na? I hope he is released soon. How can somebody work for his money only to have some dumb ass thugs kidnapp him and make away with all he has earned? Its unfair! Very unfair.....emmmm UNIZIK, I hate u right now.....peace y'all.....I think by this evening I should be closing this thread (if its my place to do that I mean) lol....nighty night.

Please don't hate the school. Just push a bit harder and PRAY...hopefully, who knows, miracles do happen. Two of my sisters were admitted through Direct Entry, they (they are twins) just finished their diploma in UNIZIK, same course. We were hopeful, you know how it is with admission in the country. They both had CGPA above 3.5, but we never stopped praying. We Prayed Until Something Happened (PUSH). Just on Friday, their names were published on JAMB website and was on UNIZIK's site yesterday. Don't give up hope!!!
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by prudjone: 6:41am On Nov 26, 2012
@idmanzik, pls I like to know how I can check admission status of unizik using Jamb's website.
@storm2, thanks for the update, I just hope they release Medicine also
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
@idmanzik, that was very kind of u. Thank you.....its alright, the worst that can happen is I'll read and prep again for next year. I'll keep the faith up as u have suggested.
@prudjone, its my pleasure...and I really hope so too. But I've started reading again oh. This is just a tiny set back...lol.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by idmanzik: 3:22am On Nov 27, 2012
prudjone: @idmanzik, pls I like to know how I can check admission status of unizik using Jamb's website.
@storm2, thanks for the update, I just hope they release Medicine also

http://www.jamb.org.ng/postregistrationefacility/CheckAdmissionStatus.aspx?id=09

Click on the link above to check your admission status on JAMB's website.

Good luck to you!
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by prudjone: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hey pals, anybody with info about latest development concerning medicine in UNIZIK? Should we still hope? What should I use my 84% post DE score to do? I need advice pls?
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 1:06am On Dec 03, 2012
Unizik? There is no info oh. Only that they're not able to make up their minds abt the matriculation date. I'm no longer angry. Now I'm just waiting to see what they wanna do. Meanwhile, I'm preparing to get in next year but I won't make the mistake of making unizik first choice. I've learned my lesson...I can't shoutcheesy
Pls, if u wanna advertise a school in europe just do so properly. Stop dropping phone number pls na....is it romania? Ukraine? Poland, England? Europe is large na. Drop real info if u wanna drop info abeg.
If I hear anything worthy of note concerning unizik I'll holla. For now, nobody has told me that a list for DE medicine even exists. 84 post DE kai! And I dey here dey shout with my 78? Lol. God dey jare....next year I'll choose better. Later peeps and happy new month to y'all.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 10:58am On Dec 04, 2012
I've just received the phone call. As of right now, medicine will not be admitted at all into unizik via DE. An official has told me this. So pls forget abt unizik for now. Miracles happen but I doubt this report will change. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As for me, I'm half ready for next year. Take care y'all...one love!smiley
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 4:18am On Sep 29, 2013
And almost a year later I'm back to my old thread...hahahaha smiley
For whoever is interested I'll come back to give the end to this story....I left unizik alone oh and went somewhere less confusing and disrespectful (name withheld till further notice). Thanks to ASUU and FG wahala no admission yet....But immediately things work out (or don't cos na naija we dey) I'll let u know my fate (i.e if I got admitted or not...)
Happy new year, happy easter and happy independence day in advance grin
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by Johnotas(m): 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
Wishing you †ђξ very best storm.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
Johnotas: Wishing you †ђξ very best storm.
Thank u so much......smiley
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by tsleazy(m): 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
STORM2: And almost a year later I'm back to my old thread...hahahaha smiley
For whoever is interested I'll come back to give the end to this story....I left unizik alone oh and went somewhere less confusing and disrespectful (name withheld till further notice). Thanks to ASUU and FG wahala no admission yet....But immediately things work out (or don't cos na naija we dey) I'll let u know my fate (i.e if I got admitted or not...)
d name of d place is unibest
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by mannyiyke: 12:13am On Oct 09, 2013
STORM2: And almost a year later I'm back to my old thread...hahahaha smiley
U went to unn. I know quite well.
Re: UNIZIK Isn't Admitting Students Into Medicine? by STORM2(f): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
@Mannyiyke and tsleazy, lol....when I'm ready I'll give the answer to that...
Just wish me luck sha....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Check Your NECO Result Without Scratch-card|examination Number / If You’ve Forgotten Your Matriculation Number, This Is For You / Esut 2011/2012 1st Batch Admission List Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.