Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play (18497 Views)

Check Out Chelsea’s New Kit & New Sponsor For This Season / Arsenal Unveil New Kit For 2014/2015 Season / Pictures:manchester United New Kit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by burgerking: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/newcastles-muslim-stars-told-play-new-kit-070006117.html?nc

The club announced a new £24 million shirt deal with controversial moneylenders Wonga on Tuesday, and now the Muslim Council of Britain have attempted to intervene.

United have received widespread criticism after unveiling the four-year deal with the short-term loan company, and the MCB has now piled on further pressure.

Four Muslim players represented the club against Manchester United on Sunday – Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, Cheick Tiote and Hatem Ben Arfa – and all are now being urged to make a stand.

Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra, assistant secretary general of the MCB, said: "There are two aspects to this. We have the rulings of the religious law and we have the individual's choice and decision on how they want to follow or not follow that rule.

"The idea is to protect the vulnerable and the needy from exploitation by the rich and powerful.

"When they are lending and are charging large amounts of interest, it means the poor will have short-term benefit from the loan but long-term difficulty in paying it back because the rate of interest is not something they can keep up with."

He added: "The Islamic system is based on a non-interest-based system of transaction."

The club did its best to offset criticism of the new deal by announcing that the Sports Direct Arena would revert to its original name of St James' Park, but it has not prevented MPs and large numbers of people through social media declaring their disgust.

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by Sunofgod(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
I'm sure part of their wages comes from sponsorship deals - do they have a problem getting paid?

If they refuse to wear the shirt then that is gross misconduct and they can be dismissed and then sued for the transfer fee back.

12 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
Muslims at it again. What does a simple shirt have to do with anything?

I mean, it's not like the shirt says "Islam is Bad" or something of the like.

*SMH.

11 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by amurx(m): 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
what a rubbish!!
Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by CLIQBOY(m): 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2012
Although am a muslim...but i cant read d above post bcause am on a bike..mak una help me summarize abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by olapluto(m): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
Some people just wake up and start to write hogwash. Did the Muslim stars say they are not playing? Who is instigating this such of new? Seriously??

1 Like

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by tucker12(m): 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
Na wa ooo.... am soo flabbergasted common shirt you cant wear because of logo yet when club accounts send pay slip with bank logo you collect...Common on angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by tessyade: 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
The players dare not yield to such advise except they want to toil with their career.
Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by yimkalove(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2012
Some people don't understand a simple language but yet write rubbish on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by laescatua(m): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
Islam is a religion of perfection every thing u do in islam must hav a backing. U guys are complaining that wat the muslims are doing is bad and its u are the first to shout that banks are thieves due to exhorbitant interests they collect from people. Now u hav a religion that is trying to reject that kind of policy and u are stil angry just because they are muslims. I'm sure if its not a religious body that is rejecting this policy every one wil quickly support it but just because its abt muslims every body is complaining. I wonder wat islam has done to u people. But weda u like it or not, d glory of islam wil continue to shine.

55 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by meksroland: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
Seriously there is trouble being among the muslims. Just that they charge higher interest, their shirt is forbidden, in that case, muslims should stop playing football cos is also exploitation of the fans to satisfy the muslim players
Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 10, 2012
Despite me being opposed to the concept of "Black Muslims" and "Black Muslim Pawns" as these Senegalese and West African brothers are clearly being used as...

I do however Like the Stance Islam Takes on this Particular point of Exchange.

3 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by lacasa: 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
The important sentence there is were thee Sheikh directed thαt it's a choice on the players.

#for all the bigots tongue
Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by Thayay(m): 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
I fink ben arfa,bemba ba,cisse n bull-headed tiote should quit newcastle all just cuz of deal.......i swear dey won't bodly beat eyimba talkless of southampton......boys pls quit 4 man u sake haha

1 Like

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by cheddarking(m): 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
Are these Muslim Council of Britain guys serious?

Do they know how many Muslims work in banks worldwide?

I went to discuss a mortgage plan the other day at HSBC, and it was a Pakistani dude named 'Saniu Islam' for that matter that discussed lending rates and such with me.

These Idiots are the reason why people get mad with Islam.

Do they know what MODERATION means?

Cant these people bend their religious beliefs to fit modern living instead of the other way round?

If I hear say that womaniser Ben Arfa no wear that shirt grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by chucky234(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
~Royal~:
Despite me being opposed to the concept of "Black Muslims" and "Black Muslim Pawns" as these Senegalese and West African brothers are clearly being used as...

I do however Like the Stance Islam Takes on this Particular point of Exchange.
UK boy,so you still dey alive
Long time no see
Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
Reminds me of Kanoute refusing to play with Sevilla's 888 jersey few years back, saying its advertisement of gambling company.

2 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sun of god: I'm sure part of their wages comes from sponsorship deals - do they have a problem getting paid?

If they refuse to wear the shirt then that is gross misconduct and they can be dismissed and then sued for the transfer fee back.

Sensible post.... You said it all........

If they won't wear the shirt, then they should also refuse their wages.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin , which is unlikely....

That Muslim council man advising them not to wear the shirt should also advice them not to take their wages.... grin grin grin grin grin .... Hypocrites.

The Muslim council guy should also stop collecting any form of benefits from the UK government, because Wonga pays taxes to UK government.

I'm sure he wont stop collecting benefits... Hypocrites..
Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by preciousoz: 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2012
Nothing serious Here...no need for the bashing...
Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by madridguy(m): 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2012
ISLAM IS A COMPLETE RELIGION FROM ALMIGHTY ALLAH AND NOTHING ANY FOLKS WILL SAY THAT WILL CHANGE THE LAWS OF ALMIGHTY ALLAH. GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER IF YOU KNOW LIKE THE RELIGION. ISLAM NO BE YEYE RELIGION THAT PERMITS YOU TO DO ANYHOW.

19 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by cheddarking(m): 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
madridguy: ISLAM IS A COMPLETE RELIGION FROM ALMIGHTY ALLAH AND NOTHING ANY FOLKS WILL SAY THAT WILL CHANGE THE LAWS OF ALMIGHTY ALLAH. GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER IF YOU KNOW LIKE THE RELIGION. ISLAM NO BE YEYE RELIGION THAT PERMITS YOU TO DO ANYHOW.

Another fanatic has arrived on the scene...

I hope you only bank with Jaiz bank cos if not,Hell-fire sure you sir....

18 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by uchlukez(f): 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
They no dey drink beer but them dey follow share beer tax money? grin

6 Likes

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by Donlouise(m): 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
Na everytin muslims go complain abt na wa o!!

1 Like

Re: Newcastle's New kit: Muslim Stars Told Not To Play by madridguy(m): 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
THE PROBLEM ABOUT YOU PEOPLE IS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE RESPECT FOR YOUR RELIGION AND THAT IS WHY YOU'RE DOING ANYHOW. IMAGINE SOMEONE STOLE BILLIONS OF NAIRA AS BANK MD AND HE PAY 40 MILLION TO PASTOR AND THE CRIMINAL MAN OF GOD NEVER ASK HIM WHERE HE COME WITH SUCH A HUGE AMOUNT.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Real Madrid Set To Buy Thiago Alcantara / Briana Williams Fails Drugs Test / NFF Names Super Falcons Squad For 2023 FIFA World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.