Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

How we killed the 4- Aluu students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How we killed the 4- Aluu students (3234 Views)

How We Killed The DSS Officials At Arepo - Agbara Robbery Leader / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How we killed the 4- Aluu students by Seamah: 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
Alot has been said about the killing of four promising young men by some members of the Aluu community. But a critical look at the whole incident points to our collective failure as a people. The lynching of those young was made possible by a culture of jungle justice and illegality which we have come to accept. Lynching of suspected thieves has become a regular occurrence from Oshodi to Kano, Makurdi to Onitsha. In the aftermath of the reaction to the killing, the following groups must accept the blame for the role they played, actively or passively in killing Ugonna, Tekena, Lloyd and Chidiaka. Outside the traditional ruler and the people of Aluu.

1. Uniport students: Aluu is a community with more student residents than indigenes. Infact the student to indigene population ratio should be in the ratio of 2:1.  Yet, they did nothing to save one of their own. I can almost bet that some of them actually participated in the lynching while others watched as these boys were pummeled with sticks like snake. It is my believe that some of the student felt they deserved to die. And did nothing to rescue them. It was only after the issue assumed a National dimension and wide condemnation that they, the student suddenly felt the need to protest. What took them so long to express their dismay if they were not part of it or at least in support of the action?

2. The Nigerian Police: Aluu is hosts to a Mobile Police unit stationed at the new Airport road /west road link road that pass though  the community. For an action that took hours, where was the Police. It is my submission that the NPF creed that you are guilty until proven innocent prevented them from intervening. Infact, they actually welcomed the action as they felt it was well deserved. Now, its time for them to further enrich their pockets with mass and illegal arrests.

3. You and I: we must accept the blame for their death for allowing illegality and injustice to thrive in our homes, offices and communities.  Everytime we fail to speak up against injustice, corruption and illegality, we are emdorsing jungle justice. It is unfortunate that we have retrogressed from civilised human beings to barbaric animals. Our value and regard for the sanctitity of the human life is depreciating by the day. The statement that the world is now a global village, must guide all our actions. We must begin to demand that things be done according to international standard in accordance with the global village which we are now living in. There is nothing  like remote villages again. With a 3k phone, u can reach remotest parts of the world. Lets use this tools in calling for the change we need in this country. 
May the soul of these young men rest in peace from the loveless society we live.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: How we killed the 4- Aluu students by arramyjay: 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
Seamah:  Alot has been said about the killing of four promising young men by some members of the Aluu community. But a critical look at the whole incident points to our collective failure as a people. The lynching of those young was made possible by a culture of jungle justice and illegality which we have come to accept. Lynching of suspected thieves has become a regular occurrence from Oshodi to Kano, Makurdi to Onitsha. In the aftermath of the reaction to the killing, the following groups must accept the blame for the role they played, actively or passively in killing Ugonna, Tekena, Lloyd and Chidiaka. Outside the traditional ruler and the people of Aluu.

1. Uniport students: Aluu is a community with more student residents than indigenes. Infact the student to indigene population ratio should be in the ratio of 2:1.  Yet, they did nothing to save one of their own. I can almost bet that some of them actually participated in the lynching while others watched as these boys were pummeled with sticks like snake. It is my believe that some of the student felt they deserved to die. And did nothing to rescue them. It was only after the issue assumed a National dimension and wide condemnation that they, the student suddenly felt the need to protest. What took them so long to express their dismay if they were not part of it or at least in support of the action?

2. The Nigerian Police: Aluu is hosts to a Mobile Police unit stationed at the new Airport road /west road link road that pass though  the community. For an action that took hours, where was the Police. It is my submission that the NPF creed that you are guilty until proven innocent prevented them from intervening. Infact, they actually welcomed the action as they felt it was well deserved. Now, its time for them to further enrich their pockets with mass and illegal arrests.

3. You and I: we must accept the blame for their death for allowing illegality and injustice to thrive in our homes, offices and communities.  Everytime we fail to speak up against injustice, corruption and illegality, we are emdorsing jungle justice. It is unfortunate that we have retrogressed from civilised human beings to barbaric animals. Our value and regard for the sanctitity of the human life is depreciating by the day. The statement that the world is now a global village, must guide all our actions. We must begin to demand that things be done according to international standard in accordance with the global village which we are now living in. There is nothing  like remote villages again. With a 3k phone, u can reach remotest parts of the world. Lets use this tools in calling for the change we need in this country. 
May the soul of these young men rest in peace from the loveless society we live.
May God help us all.

From all u have written it is obvious u live tht community, how do u knw d ratio of students to indigens? why did u do Nothing? You speak for urself men.
Re: How we killed the 4- Aluu students by Seamah: 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
arramyjay:

From all u have written it is obvious u live tht community, how do u knw d ratio of students to indigens? why did u do Nothing? You speak for urself men.
My brother, am not from Aluu and i wasnt there when those innocent boys were killed. But i know that coomunity very welll and anybody who have been there will agree that those boys died because we let them down, as fellow human being, students and the police
Re: How we killed the 4- Aluu students by arramyjay: 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
Seamah:
My brother, am not from Aluu and i wasnt there when those innocent boys were killed. But i know that coomunity very welll and anybody who have been there will agree that those boys died because we let them down, as fellow human being, students and the police

Evry1 tht stood there tht day and did nothing let them down(including u) pls dnt compare heartless evil creature like those killers to human beings.

1 Like

Re: How we killed the 4- Aluu students by Seamah: 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
Chinwe Biringa, mother of Chiadika Biringa, one of the four University of Port Harcourt students lynched last week at Aluu community by a mob spoke via telephone on a Channels TV program, and said that policemen were present during the killings.

She expressed her disappointment with the approach of the policemen who just looked on and did nothing to stop the gruesome murder of the four boys.

She said, “Eyewitnesses accounts revealed that policemen were at the scene of the incident. Besides, policemen at the police station confirmed to one of the bereaved parents who visited them that policemen were there.

“And the explanation they gave was that they were overwhelmed by the crowd and that they had insufficient bullets in their guns and all that thrash to confront the crowd.

“But those people were only with sticks not with guns. If they really wanted to work they would have worked. If they had done what the Joint Task Force did by firing warning shots into the air when they wanted to collect the corpses, things wouldn’t have gone awry.”

She insisted that her son and his friends were not robbers as claimed by the mob. “We don’t have security in this country. We don’t just have and our children and wards are all over the country. We are only living by God’s grace everyday, because this can happen to anybody any day.

“God knows best because nothing stops Him from doing something extraordinary to save them. But may God judge all those who had a hand in the killings.”

http://www.ynaija.com/policemen-were-there-when-they-lynched-my-son-mother-of-aluu4-victim/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

(1) (Reply)

The Wicked Woman Who Maltreated Her Little Maid Gets Arrested / The 10 Worst Corporate Accounting Scandals Of All Time / Drunk Police Officer Allegedly Kills Two At Birthday Party In Lagos (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.