Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:34 PM

Object Constraint Language (OCL) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Object Constraint Language (OCL) (1303 Views)

A Beginners Guide To Object-oriented Programming (OOP) In PHP 5+ / Let's Learn Object Oriented PHP! / Criticism Of Object Oriented Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Object Constraint Language (OCL) by harryobas: 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
If u are an object-oriented developer who regularly apply UML for modeling the component-level design of your software u most have realized UML constructs such as class diagrams don't tell the whole story. There is therefore a need for a mechanism for explicitly and formally representing information that constrains some elements of the model. It is possible, of course to describe constraints in natural language such as English, But this approach invariably leads to inconsistency and ambiguity. The object constraint language (OCL) complements UML by allowing a software engineer to use a formal grammar and syntax to construct unambiguous statements about various component-level design elements such as classes and objects, events, messages and interfaces. OCL therefore provides a mechanism that allows a software engineer/developer to introduce rigour and formality to the design of object-oriented software.
Re: Object Constraint Language (OCL) by creativeEngr: 7:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
Nice post. I wish I had found this earlier... Pls how can I get to know more about the Object Constraint Language.
Re: Object Constraint Language (OCL) by harryobas: 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
creativeEngr: Nice post. I wish I had found this earlier... Pls how can I get to know more about the Object Constraint Language.

If u wish to know more about OCL just give me your email address and i will send u some beginner material on OCL to get u up to speed.
Re: Object Constraint Language (OCL) by creativeEngr: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
@harryobas. Still expecting your email. Many thanks in advance
Re: Object Constraint Language (OCL) by mj(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2012
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Questions For The Seasoned Ms C++ Programmer / Here R 40 African Tech Startups Dat R Being Viewed 4 Acquisition By Tech Giants / 5 Easy To Use Tools To Help You Build Your Own Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.