Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Cherophobia- The Fear Of Happiness. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cherophobia- The Fear Of Happiness. (5579 Views)

The Agony And Fear Of Childbirth--by Feranmicharles(pic) / The Fear Factor / Happiness And Emptiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cherophobia- The Fear Of Happiness. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
I have seen and read about a lot of 'Phobias'.

I never knew 'the fear of being happy ' also has a name..."Cherophobia", yes, that is what it is called.

A lot of us have at one certain time been afraid of being so happy because you just cannot tell if you will be so sad the next minute.

Sadly, I am cherophobic and I get so scared whenever I am happy.

Is there anyone that is as cherophobic as i am? How do you deal with it? What should i do to overcome it?
Re: Cherophobia- The Fear Of Happiness. by tpia5: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
interesting.

didnt know there was a name for it, and yes, there are people who are sad to see you happy and happy to see you sad.

fact of life.

likewise some may have noticed anytime they show happiness, it might be followed by some catastrophe. So, they limit such emotion.
Re: Cherophobia- The Fear Of Happiness. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
Yes. That's the Fact of Life.
Re: Cherophobia- The Fear Of Happiness. by tpia5: 2:29am On Dec 25, 2012
true.

(1) (Reply)

BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story / The Earplug - A Short Story / The Deadly Game...a Sex,romance And Action Thriler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.