Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... (5502 Views)

I Am Not Going To Resign - Kachikwu / Why Dasuk, Not GEJ Deserves The Nobel Peace Prize - Pius Adesanmi / Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by EkoIle1: 2:04am On Oct 11, 2012
This mean and hate filled ugly axss...

lmao.....

8 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by CyberG: 2:29am On Oct 11, 2012
What is the meaning of this hunter / mai-guard beret that is permanently stuck on this ibo head? Can someone tell this stuck-in-the-60s biafran-goebellian propagandist that we are now in 2012?? dende, onlyLIES, Ifam4never....can you tell your old man the war was lost by his blood thirsty run away mojuku Seriously this man is saaaaadddddd!

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by EkoIle1: 2:37am On Oct 11, 2012
CyberG: What is the meaning of this hunter / mai-guard beret that is permanently stuck on this ibo head? Can someone tell this stuck-in-the-60s biafran-goebellian propagandist that we are now in 2012?? dende, onlyLIES, Ifam4never....can you tell your old man the war was lost by his blood thirsty run away mojuku Seriously this man is saaaaadddddd!

Word is, the sad old clown get craw craw and lapa lapa for head....

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 2:39am On Oct 11, 2012
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by EkoIle1: 2:48am On Oct 11, 2012
musiwa7: sentiment apart. He deserve the nobel prize. his book is been read in nearly 30 countries.. His work may be too deep for non african to understand. his book view thing from the eyes of an african only. If I was on that board I will nominate him. apart from wole soyinka is the second most well price writter africa has.

And in my book, if any Nobel prize in that section should come for africa. He should get it.

Quality is better than quantity anytime anyway. The closed minded old fool is too bitter, narrow minded and shallow. His stories are boring and it's always about some silly tribal rantings.

They don't even recommend his mediocre crap for nobel talk less wining anything..
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 11, 2012
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by dayokanu(m): 3:57am On Oct 11, 2012
Nobel for his compilation of "fabu"

2 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by redsquare(m): 4:05am On Oct 11, 2012
Una really get time. The man is greater than all your generations put together. He is a global figure and there is nothing any of you can do about it. Keep on hating.

2 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by EkoIle1: 4:22am On Oct 11, 2012
redsquare: Una really get time. The man is greater than all your generations put together. He is a global figure and there is nothing any of you can do about it. Keep on hating.

You mean this bitter and disgruntled lunatic failure is greater than your generation and future generations?

Talk about ibo logic.

Keep it up, I'm off to Ivory coast to go fuckkkk ashawo :-Ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 11, 2012
Eko Ile and CyberG, why don't u b braver?
Write your own books/blogs and set ur own truths on that part of the world that cares about such things
r'nt there better things to do? i was hoping to read something a little bit thought provoking...er i prolly set the bar too high

and before u set the dogs on me, I don't care for Achebe, never have and probably never will.
oya, set the dogs on me
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by PhysicsQED(m): 4:55am On Oct 11, 2012
http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/awards/nobel-prize-in-literature/2012-nobel-prize-in-literature-e216294418

Achebe's odds are pretty good actually, if one is a betting man. No reason he couldn't win it tomorrow. (I realize there are some names on that list that shouldn't be there, but apart from a few strange inclusions, I would say that that's actually a pretty good list and the odds given there for each writer generally make sense.)
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by ektbear: 5:05am On Oct 11, 2012
20:1 odds seem pretty good to you?

Those are terrible odds.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by EkoIle1: 5:11am On Oct 11, 2012
PhysicsQED: http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/awards/nobel-prize-in-literature/2012-nobel-prize-in-literature-e216294418

Achebe's odds are pretty good actually, if one is a betting man. No reason he couldn't win it tomorrow. (I realize there are some names on that list that shouldn't be there, but apart from a few strange inclusions, I would say that that's actually a pretty good list and the odds given there for each writer generally make sense.)

ashebe almost at the bottom of the list is good odds to you? Is this a joke or sarcasm...?
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by PhysicsQED(m): 5:32am On Oct 11, 2012
ekt_bear: 20:1 odds seem pretty good to you?

Those are terrible odds.

Eko Ile:

ashebe almost at the bottom of the list is good odds to you? Is this a joke or sarcasm...?

Well I think Achebe's odds are pretty good relative to the rest of the list below him. True there are 23 others ahead of him in consideration (if one excludes Bob Dylan, who can't possibly win) on that particular list, but it's not like they're just going to automatically pick whoever is absolutely the most popular contender or most favored that year in the eyes of the general public. They never seem to do that.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by ektbear: 5:39am On Oct 11, 2012
His odds (at least as implied by the common wisdom of gamblers) are roughly 5%.

In other words, the consensus of gamblers is that there is a 95% chance of him losing tomorrow.

Therefore, the OPs original statement is very correct.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by ektbear: 5:40am On Oct 11, 2012
Your link reinforces the OPs point, rather than detracting from it.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by EkoIle1: 5:46am On Oct 11, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Well I think Achebe's odds are pretty good relative to the rest of the list below him. True there are 23 others ahead of him in consideration (if one excludes Bob Dylan, who can't possibly win) on that particular list, but it's not like they're just going to automatically pick whoever is absolutely the most popular contender or most favored that year in the eyes of the general public. They never seem to do that.

Going by your reasoning, it means the same odds you attributed to him is irrelevant and inconsequential since according to you, its anybody's game. ..so why talk about odds? Sounds like you are trying to have it both ways.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by PhysicsQED(m): 5:52am On Oct 11, 2012
Eko Ile:

Going by your reasoning, it means the same odds you attributed to him is irrelevant and inconsequential since according to you, its anybody's game. ..so why talk about odds? Sounds like you are trying to have it both ways.

It's not really "anybody's" game, but yeah, point taken. I just don't think it's as unlikely as you believe it is.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by luvinhubby(m): 7:11am On Oct 11, 2012
[quote author=Eko Ile]

You mean this bitter and disgruntled lunatic failure is greater than your generation and future generations?

Talk about ibo logic.

Keep it up, I'm off to Ivory coast to go fuckkkk ashawo :-Ojukwu

[/quote

Please calm down, you sound disgruntled!!
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Afam4eva(m): 7:38am On Oct 11, 2012
These people were and are still distraught by that book.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by ifeci: 8:06am On Oct 11, 2012
Eko Ile:

The best you have ever written in ur life(that's if it was even sensible)is a thread on Nairaland! and u critize some one with enormous success and recognition around the world. why don't you get off NL and get some recognition, then, mayb we could post ur own ugly pictures too!
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by gbadexy(m): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2012
Achebe should have released the book a long time and get it out of his system with time.
His releasing such controversial and provocative book at the twilight of his life means he is a real bitter and unrepentant tribalist that has no intention of doing otherwise for ever.
I wonder why an old man would decide to alienate himself from a tribe that has nothing against him at a very late stage of his life, he may not do so intentionally though but due to the onset of senility.
But I rather root for camara laye anytime. I love "the african boy". I think achebe is an old member of the , so as many short prominent eastern leaders, the frat is an eastern thing and he may have been amogst the founding fathers like wole soyinka, although all such groups were founded by intellectuals as a sort of pressure group then.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by EkoIle1: 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
And the Nobel award for Literature goes to. Mo Yan from China.

Sorry Mr disgruntled , bitter, acrimonious, hate filled ashebe loser, you just lost again. Another failure to show that you are still mediocre and irrelevant to humanity. The world is moving on, nobody wanna keep reading your sad and pathetic tribal and hateful rants you call literature.

You can keep trying from your sad and lonely grave......

11 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by gbanikiti(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
afam4eva: These people were and are still distraught by that book.
some peeps are already having sleepless night even when they haven't read the book! Just the same way muslims in the north protested against the anti-islamic film even when they had no access to watch it! Nigeria is FUCCKED!!
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by jason123: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
Eko Ile: And the Nobel award for Literature goes to. Mo Yan from China.

Sorry Mr disgruntled , bitter, acrimonious, hate filled ashebe loser, you just lost again. Another failure to show that you are still mediocre and irrelevant to humanity. The world is moving on, nobody wanna keep reading your sad and pathetic tribal and hateful rants you call literature.

You can keep trying from your sad and lonely grave......
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

I'm speechless...

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by MegaMan2020: 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
What a big fool. This Igbo will tribalist will never win the big prize.

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
gbanikiti: some peeps are already having sleepless night even when they haven't read the book! Just the same way muslims in the north protested against the anti-islamic film even when they had no access to watch it! Nigeria is FUCCKED!!

At least the Protest is not done by lynching any of you iboz in Western Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
MegaMan2020: What a big fool. This Igbo will tribalist will never win the big prize.

Says who?

He will when he goes 6 feet under... cheesy cheesy
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
Looking at the pix on top by the OP, it's very clear that the man there is .....a bitter...sad...confused and dying man

I see so much bitterness in his wrinkled face!
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by gbanikiti(m): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
ilugunboy:

At least the Protest is not done by lynching any of you iboz in Western Nigeria.
aree o ya! Grow up son and fix your brains correctly.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by aljharem(m): 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed undecided na wa oh. So upon all the hate and controversy, e still no win am.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Chyz2: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2012
The book comes out today. I've pre-ordered it. Can't wait smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos” – Femi Aribisala / Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? / Enugu Bans Unauthorised Social, Sporting Activities In Public Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.