Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem (2170 Views)

Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem / Volkswagen Golf MK 4 Automatic Transmission Problem / Brake Disc And Abs Problem With Toyota Highlander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by alancruise(m): 8:39am On Oct 11, 2012
Pls gurus in d house,@siena@ikenna & others in d house.
pls i just change d gear of my toyota camry orobo 94 model & my O/D Lights blinks, though it blinks on former which i changed due to oil leakages which burnt d gear box. D blinks comes up wen driving after 2mins and it's very hard for d gear only select 1 to 2, very hard for it to move to 3, wen driving.
Wat might be d problem? Some says it's d gear brain box dat ave issues? Anoda says might be some incorrect connection in d wirin system of car? Pls wat should i do? Bèfore i take a wrong step. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2012
alancruise: Pls gurus in d house,@siena@ikenna & others in d house.
pls i just change d gear of my toyota camry orobo 94 model & my O/D Lights blinks, though it blinks on former which i changed due to oil leakages which burnt d gear box. D blinks comes up wen driving after 2mins and it's very hard for d gear only select 1 to 2, very hard for it to move to 3, wen driving.
Wat might be d problem? Some says it's d gear brain box dat ave issues? Anoda says might be some incorrect connection in d wirin system of car? Pls wat should i do? Bèfore i take a wrong step. Thanks

scan it, is there any engine management light in the dashboard ?
Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
please how much did u buy the Gearbox
Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by patrickbriggs17: 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
alancruise: Pls gurus in d house,@siena@ikenna & others in d house.
go for scaning first
Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by Cuzz: 6:46am On Oct 11, 2013
my mechanic told me that after replacing a gear box that it should be scanned and programned bf using it. Some mechanics are guilty of that according to him coz am nt a mechanic.he did d same to my vehicle and i thot he just wnted me to waste my money bt later found out that he was right.
Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:00am On Oct 11, 2013
Cuzz: my mechanic told me that after replacing a gear box that it should be scanned and programned bf using it. Some mechanics are guilty of that according to him coz am nt a mechanic.he did d same to my vehicle and i thot he just wnted me to waste my money bt later found out that he was right.

gearbox dont need programming it is a straight swap

remember when you swap gearbox your ECU(aka brainbox) for transmission remains in your car, it is somewhere in your not attached to the gearbox
after swap you reconnect all the sensors to car's wire harness and those wires connect the ECU

so whats there to program as if you bought a different ECU for the gearbox?
Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by pek(m): 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
no need to reprogramme the brain box.
Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
When tranny fails there is always an error code stored in the car computer. If the tranny is changed, the error must be cleared from the brain box or else, your new tranny will fail again almost emmediately after installation. I have changed mine, the bastard who did the first work on it did not bother about any code. He just installed the tranny and bingo, we were on the run around town. The tranny eventually failed and I had to locate a sane mecho to do the work again. This time around the work was cleaningly done. Check engine light which has been on for eternity has finally gone back back to how it should behave.
Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2013
pek: no need to reprogramme the brain box.

Not always the case. On many newer models, whereby the TCU is embedded in the transmission, the TCU has to be re-programmed.

Examples are the current Ford "Powershift" twin-clutch units. It is 100% essential to do a clutch AND fork "learn" if a complete new transmission is fitted. Or just a clutch "learn" if only the clutch was replaced. The Ford TCU "Mechatronic" is built into the front of the transmission, there's no external TCU, so programming is a must.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by cardoctor(m): 3:48am On Oct 13, 2013
Siena:

Not always the case. On many newer models, whereby the TCU is embedded in the transmission, the TCU has to be re-programmed.

Examples are the current Ford "Powershift" twin-clutch units. It is 100% essential to do a clutch AND fork "learn" if a complete new transmission is fitted. Or just a clutch "learn" if only the clutch was replaced. The Ford TCU "Mechatronic" is built into the front of the transmission, there's no external TCU, so programming is a must.

@sienna
You are absolutely correct with the Ford TCM programming on the Twin Clutch units. However, the Toyota Camry "Orobo" in this case is probably 1991-1998 model XV10.

The gearboxes on these models do not require any form of programming.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by pek(m): 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
Siena:

yes. but in this case, we are talking of orobo camry
Re: Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem by beeman80: 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
08020897631 Fatai.He's a gear box guru at Ladipo.My box had the same issue and he resolved it.

(1) (Reply)

Seatbelts, Airbags And You / Conversation With Lion King (episode 1).best Peugeot Conversation Series / Which Of The Ogas Office Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.