Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,857 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:56 AM

Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? (6844 Views)

Has Nigerian Arsenal Youngstar, Iwobi Eclipsed Iheneacho Of Man City? / The Williams Sisters Exhibition Match In Lagos (Pictures) / Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Greatpeter(m): 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2006
Williams sisters(Venus and Serena) are one of the best tennis players in the world and I really love them play.
I support them and cheer them up whenever they are playing.
But of the recent, it seems they have been eclipsed.
Please, who knows what is happening to them and how can get in contact with them.

Where are they? What is happening to them?

Anybody knows their contact address or phone numbers?
Please help.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Greatpeter(m): 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2006
Please anyone with the whereabouts of these tennis Player stars.

What happens to them that they are not currently playing?
Are they retired?

Does anyone know their contact email address and phone numbers?
Please let me know.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by mochafella(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2006
The popular theory it that they both lost the motivation to put in the time and effort necessary to stay in the top ten of the tennis rankings. They both party it up and are involved in fashion design. It seems to me they have both moved on to another phase in their lives. They did not retire but tennis is not the only thing they do.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Akolawole(m): 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2006
@GreatPeter

By the way, why did you need their contact ? grin

Check this out, if its of any help: http://www.venusandserena.homestead.com/
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Greatpeter(m): 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2006
@Akolawole

I will contact them and tell them why they are not consistent in tennis.
I am a big fan and admirer of the Williams Sisters.
History also tells us that they are Nigerians origin.
This was made known when their elder sister Yetunde was shot dead in US last year.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Akolawole(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2006
Greatpeter:

History also tells us that they are Nigerians origin.
This was made known when their elder sister Yetunde was shot dead in US last year.

Yetunde is their step sister.

They were not completely linked with Nigeria.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Greatpeter(m): 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2006
Mr man I still have the paper that I quoted from.
They are from Lagos.
Mr know all!
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by mochafella(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2006
Greatpeter:

They are from Lagos.
That's a surprise. As far as I know the woman Yetunde Price is their half-sister from an earlier marriage/relationship the Williams mother had. I seriously doubt their mother is from Lagos, but I do not know how she got the name "Yetunde". I suspect she probably heard it, liked it and named her daughter that. Or maybe her father is Nigerian.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Akolawole(m): 12:53am On Apr 19, 2006
Thanks Mochafella.

Greatpeter:

Mr know all!

Only God knows all but we owe it a duty to distinguish between Facts and opinion.

Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by kimba(m): 8:56am On Apr 19, 2006
@mochafella, @Greatpeter, @Akolawola

so what would you guys gain/loose
by the fact/falsehood
that the Williams sisters are/are not
of Nigerian origin.

Having an African name doesnt necessarily mean you are from Africa, do you know how many names ive got?, its all a new world.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Greatpeter(m): 9:13am On Apr 19, 2006
I have my facts and proofs so anyone can say whatever deems fit at any time.
Afterall we are in free world.
We have right to speak up our minds.

Why can't you beg for the source of this claim before all this balderdash?
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by kimba(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2006
@Greatpeter
Sorry sir!!
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Greatpeter(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2006
I am sorry too if I am harsh in my response.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2006
The way most sports are every team or player has a peak period and they certainly have had theirs moreso they have to experience life outside tennis i mean they 25 n 26 now, theyve done the hard work now they wanna try something else

You want to contact them ?? u joker!!

http://www.serenawilliams.com/

, and where is the paper?  you quoted from?
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by exu(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2006
Not everyone with a Nigerian name is a Nigerian.

Whoever is saying that the Williams sisters hail from Nigeria is lying.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Akolawole(m): 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2006
@Everyone

Thanks for yor comments.

I wish every successful blackman is a Nigerian.

I tried all my best to prove that they are Nigerian but all proved futile

@GP

Scan your village Newspaper and let see it grin

Who will even believe you?
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by OldGlory1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2006
@Greatpeter

First of all their sister did not die last year, and i am not sure why you are claiming to have a newspaper, when your facts are suspect at the least. Please if you are not sure, try and listen and you might learn a thing or two.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Akolawole(m): 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2006
@OldGlory

Abi?

@OldGlory

I have been looking for you and your friend Twinledew since. Please go and check my counter-comment in Travel.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by OldGlory1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2006
Counter Comment? Akolowale if you are talking about the Education thing in England, i think you have corrected yourself enough. But i did not understand you Tax Return argument, because the wealthy also get Tax Returns at the end of the year. But that is in the US. Twinledew is not my friend, i was just commenting just like him or her.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Skintite(f): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2006
guys cut the crap
thats how somone said etoo is a nigerian undecided

From wat i read at yahoo sports is that they r both injured
thats y they are not playin
they both withdrew from recent tournaments due to that
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by kimba(m): 5:02am On Apr 21, 2006
very soon, someone will discover that Michael Jacksons father was from Ajegunle

i mean, cant you see the similarity, ajegunle, jackson,
grin grin grin grin grin

even Oprah Winfrey is also a Nigerian,
Her real name is Oparah Winifred
grin grin grin

abi, make we claim all of them!!!
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Aduraseyi(f): 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2006
yea and someone will discover that Akon is really Akanni Monsuru and NAS is Nasiru Olorungbemiga grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Rottweiler(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2006
I wonder why people allege all sorts. Human beings!!! haba!!!
That was how some guys were claiming that I was a Jamaican when most people know that I am an American grin grin grin grin grin grin

Alamieyesigha is also a Briton that was why they allowed him to go scot free grin grin

Obasanjo is from Uganda grin grin grin

Let's continue to laugh and catch fun, that's the only thing that is free in Naija these days.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by cammax7(m): 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2006
The Williams Sisters are actually Nigerians by 'blood'. But by birth, upbringing, citizenship or whatever it is, they are americans. Proof: Remember Yetunde, a sister to the William's who was murdered in Compton. Well if you didnt know her or hear of her death go here http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0309/14/sun.11.html
She wouldnt bear Yetunde if they were not Nigerians.

Nas' father's name is Oludara. He wouldnt bear that name if he werent a Nigerian.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Akolawole(m): 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2006
Anybody can bear any name.

I know a white American who christened his daughter a Yoruba name.

He just like it.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Greatpeter(m): 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2006
Thank you Cammax these thomases can now believe.
You have vindicated me.
Thank you!
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by LoverBwoy(m): 9:29pm On Apr 22, 2006
How does that prove that they are nigerians? the late "sister" is not a bloodsister of the williams
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Greatpeter(m): 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2006
Doubting thomas there you are again.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by OldGlory1(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2006
Then Mohamed Ali is from Sudan. Black Americans change their names all the time and do not necessarily have to come from that country. Greatpeter please show me how Yetunde is from Nigeria. By name only? Then US Congress man Chaka Fatah is from Namibia and Former NAACP Chairman Mr Kwesi Mfume is from Ghana. Rumors will never replace facts.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by Akolawole(m): 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2006
Greatpeter:

Thank you Cammax these thomases can now believe.
You have vindicated me.
Thank you!

Greatpeter:

Doubting thomas there you are again.

Jesus Christ! what does that prove?

Why cant you bury your head and accept defeat?
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by OldGlory1(m): 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2006
Ego @ it's best.
Re: Williams Sisters Eclipsed? Where Are They? by kimba(m): 12:25am On Apr 24, 2006
@Aduraseyi
yea and someone will discover that Akon is really Akanni Monsuru and NAS is Nasiru Olorungbemiga
forget Akon, but really I heard NAS is Nasiru Olu Dara
http://www.danceage.com/biography/sdmc_Nas_(rapper)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Falcons Vs Canada (1 - 0) On Tuesday 5th July @ 7.45pm / CAF WCL: Rivers Angels Defeat Police (Niger Republic) 5-0, Book Semi-Final Spot / How Onitsha Born Francis Obikwelu Became Cristiano Ronaldo Best Friend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.