Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,227 members, 7,807,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? (3158 Views)

Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / I Want To Write A Resignation Letter / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? by amababy(f): 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2008
Fellow nairalanders, Happy new year 2 u all!

Please i need ur opinion on this.  there's this Senior Officer in my place of work. infact he is the Head of Finance & Admin, i work as a secretary in d firm. each time he is sending me some letter or memo to be typed, he writes it in RED biro, this morning he sent one also and wrote my name in Red on an attached note 2 a letter he wanted me 2 redo.  i am very upset about this. is it right to addres ppl in red ink,

Pls i need only those who hav something positive to say to reply me.

thanks.
Re: It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? by Sanomatech(f): 2:47am On Jan 22, 2008
It is generally considered rude. This is just because red signifies corrections are being made or a warning signal,
Re: It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? by follyg: 11:17am On Jan 22, 2008
i dont think there is any big deal. Is he an Accountant? people at that level uses Red Biro. My own director of Finance and Admin uses the same color of pen.
Re: It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? by amababy(f): 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ sanomatech, thanks sister i thought so too, way back in d days i heard dat its generally wrong, it depicts death, and only the names of the deceased are written in such color.

i just wonder y the old man neva knew this, or rather pretends not to know.

@ follyg, yeah he is in the accounts as well as the admin, but wot has being an accountant got to do with writing to ppl in red ink, i think that shd b limited to the figures aspect while crediting n debiting.

thanks all the same, more opinions pls.
Re: It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? by Kashif(m): 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2008
There is nothing wrong with writing in red especially, if it is inhouse memos or acknowledgements. I am almost certain he did not single you out to be addressing you with red biro.

I believe you work in a corporate environment so rid yourself of those medieval presumed connection between death and red.

follyg gave you a candid opinion but you are more inclined to getting support to bear grudges with this officer. Sorry to disappoint you. My head of admin uses red too; there is nothing to it. Simply see it that way, and you will be fine.

Rgds cool
Re: It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? by amababy(f): 11:13am On Jan 24, 2008
@ kashif

Your opinion was not sought on the basis of helping me start a quarrel or malice, i only sought to be enlightened if my views were not completely correct.  That does not give u the room to take sides with the person i perceived was offending me or even refer to me in such manner as this;   

"I am almost certain he did not single you out to be addressing you with red biro.
I believe you work in a corporate environment so rid yourself of those medieval presumed connection between death and red.
follyg gave you a candid opinion but you are more inclined to getting support to bear grudges with this officer. Sorry to disappoint you. My head of admin uses red too; there is nothing to it. Simply see it that way, and you will be fine."

If you use ur eyes well, u shd see where i remarked that only those who have positive views 2 reply me.   meaning i dont fancy the blunt ways of communication that the likes of u operate in.  IS DAT CLEAR ENOUGH?
Re: It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? by tellmemore(m): 10:29am On Jan 25, 2008
amababy:

If you use your eyes well, u should see where i remarked that only those who have positive views 2 reply me. meaning i don't fancy the blunt ways of communication that the likes of u operate in. IS DAT CLEAR ENOUGH?

na quarrel ?? You requested for more opinion didnt you.
Re: It Is Right To Write To Somebody In Red Ink? by Lilseedwind(m): 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
Dat make no fighting state nah

(1) (Reply)

I Am Divided Between GTBANK And FBN! Pls Advise. / Agricultural Extension And Rural Development. Economic Viability / NIPR President, Malam Sirajo, Bags Pillar Of Public Relations Award by NSUK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.