Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,351 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:05 AM

How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature (25192 Views)

Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? / Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem / Blackberry Os 7.1 Mobile Hotspot Does It Work On Mtn N3000 Bis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by ponana(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
I just discovered that blackberry bold5 or 9930 has a feature that can turn the device into a hotspot thereby making it available as a source of internet for other wifi enabled devices. I got an error after connecting it to my laptop. Is there anybody who has tried it before? Please fill me in on the how-to.
P.S: I am making use of etisalat for my BIS, i do not know if that matters.
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by amblors(m): 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2012
ponana: I just discovered that blackberry bold5 or 9930 has a feature that can turn the device into a hotspot thereby making it available as a source of internet for other wifi enabled devices. I got an error after connecting it to my laptop. Is there anybody who has tried it before? Please fill me in on the how-to.
P.S: I am making use of etisalat for my BIS, i do not know if that matters.

A couple of threads on this, u need a dataplan to enjoy the service, not BIS. @ least on etisalat, mtn n glo.
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by ponana(m): 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
amblors:

A couple of threads on this, u need a dataplan to enjoy the service, not BIS. @ least on etisalat, mtn n glo.

Just discovered that online as well. Thanks
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by Olami099(m): 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2012
Where did u discover it online pls Ò mean how to use d mobile hotspot
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 28, 2012
From my research, the wi-fi hotspot feature doesn't work with PCs. It can only be used on blackberry playbook and possibly apple ipads.. You should google them out because I've tried connecting my pc several times by using different authentication methods but it didn't work. And I've tried with a playbook and it worked..
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by ponana(m): 7:36am On Oct 28, 2012
@olami099I saw the other links on nairaland discussing this same issue and you seem to need a data plan aside the regular BIS plan to use it.
@lilema The wifi connects with my tablet but it doesnot browse
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by Yeecar(m): 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2012
Lilema: From my research, the wi-fi hotspot feature doesn't work with PCs. It can only be used on blackberry playbook and possibly apple ipads.. You should google them out because I've tried connecting my pc several times by using different authentication methods but it didn't work. And I've tried with a playbook and it worked..

That not true!!! Am using it presently.Check your System settings!
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by claycares: 11:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
Check your settings, it rocks on my laptop, tablet pc, and other mobile phones. I'm on Airtel BIS.
Go to options and select the following:
Use WPA2 Personal
Select the wifi 802/11bg

2 Likes

Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by cardoso111(m): 7:33am On Oct 29, 2012
go get TECNO T3 it works very fast and smooooth to!
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by ammyluv2002(f): 10:19am On Oct 29, 2012
Lilema: From my research, the wi-fi hotspot feature doesn't work with PCs. It can only be used on blackberry playbook and possibly apple ipads.. You should google them out because I've tried connecting my pc several times by using different authentication methods but it didn't work. And I've tried with a playbook and it worked..
it doesn't work like that alone, I have used my mobile hotspot on my curve 4 and connected it to my laptop. It worked perfectly but I was charged for it from my phone account though I use MTN.
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by anitank(f): 10:46am On Nov 20, 2012
I use a bold 5 too but each time I try turning on the mobile hotspot,it keeps telling me to contact my service provider. I did call glo customer care and they had no idea what I was talking about. Please share how u made urs work. I need it as soon as possible. Thanks
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by mascott(m): 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2012
anitank: I use a bold 5 too but each time I try turning on the mobile hotspot,it keeps telling me to contact my service provider. I did call glo customer care and they had no idea what I was talking about. Please share how u made urs work. I need it as soon as possible. Thanks

Have thesame issues as u. Called customer care twice and it was obvious they had no Idea what a hotspot was. Pity!
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by walcolm(m): 7:25am On Nov 30, 2012
Currently, its only airtel that allows you to share your BIS data via hotspotting

glo has not enabled that feature while Etisalat and MTN charges your airtime for it
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by ponana(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2012
Imma try it with my airtel and update you guys smiley
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by zoomzu(f): 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2012
It works well with Airtel BCM, ensure you set the security (WEP Key) on you bb and apply same on your Laptop.

It is as fast as bullet.
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by ponana(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2013
I heard mobile hotspot works with MTN 3k BIS..does anybody know about this?
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by engrhamid(m): 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
ponana: I heard mobile hotspot works with MTN 3k BIS..does anybody know about this?
not true
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by ponana(m): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
@Engrhamid ...honourable,long time. Thanks for the heads-up
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by engrhamid(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
ponana: @Engrhamid ...honourable,long time. Thanks for the heads-up
Anytime Sir.
Guess you were able to fix or bold 2 screen the other time?
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by claycares: 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
You can now use Glo BIS for the Blackberry Mobile Hotspot feature.
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by ponana(m): 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2013
engrhamid:
Anytime Sir.
Guess you were able to fix or bold 2 screen the other time?

Fix wetin...na throw-way ooooo.
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by ijaola(m): 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
I had the same issue. I once use it on my glo once and it works. I have been trying to use it again and it no been working. I tried just now while i have time reading about this online and it start work. But i go a message from glo (127) "Dear customer, you are now subscribed to happy return data offer' Anybody know what the means
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by reniduke(f): 4:52am On Jun 04, 2013
With the new blackberry plans on etisalat and mtn, I learnt there's unlimited data. Does anyone know if the mobile hotspot works with this data and not your credit? Ps. I'm aware it works on airtel.
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by marcustan(m): 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
@Claycares,please how did you do it?I did it perfectly with MTN,but I swapped to glo because Glo has a bigger data bundle,but It does not connect. Kindly share how you did yours
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by olori4b: 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
Pls I need this too kindly explain to a novice how to use d hotspot I use a bold 5 9930 tnx on airtel network
Re: How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
lol

(1) (Reply)

Google Bans 29 Apps That May Have Stolen Your Photos / 4 Extremely Useful Android Apps You Can't Find On The Playstore / Benin Republic Withdraws Globacom’s Operating Licence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.