Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy (20959 Views)

Inspiration From Kiyosaki, "Rich Dad Poor Dad" Author / Robert Kiyosaki 'rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by lekanolas: 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
Roberto Kiyosaki, the man who made a fortune giving financial advice to people is broke.

The famed author of “Rich Dad, Poor Dad,” filed for bankruptcy after losing a $24 million dollar lawsuit
However, the declaration of bankruptcy is seen in financial circles as a smart business move, taken to shield Kiyosaki’s estimated $80 million wealth from judgement debts .

Since Kiyosaki’s company, Rich Global LLC, filed for bankruptcy protection to shield itself from the judgement debt, the author now does business under Rich Dad Co, another company that he owns.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/breaking-news/roberto-kiyosaki-author-of-rich-dad-poor-dad-declares-bankruptcy/
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by k2039: 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
I dont think he is bankrupt,he is just playing smart,he is shielding his assets and minimizing his liabilities.
That's what I think

9 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by yeye4live(m): 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
dis will tell u dier is more to writing than makin dat money it self , money pass knowledge ,4me which means not every one wit so many certificate can make mone more dan an average illiterate

2 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Booty4me: 11:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
my mentor cant be broke

2 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by santuse: 11:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
The guy is smart
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by awesomet1(m): 11:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
All the best to him. Never really believed all those motivational "get rich quick" mumbo jumbo books.

16 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by torgbe(m): 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
Da dude got some real financial wisdom. Hope he will come out wit anada book entitled -how to puzzle ur way out of da system by declaring bankruptcy-

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by acidtalk: 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
When his Assiatant and Coauthor came out to tell the public this about 5years ago, Kiyosaki denied it (but I believed her).

He threatened and even sued her then, but it was settled out of court.

Lie and denial can run as fast as they wish, but the truth ALWAYS surely meets up and overtake.

If you really want a REAL MENTOR, please follow the words of Brian Tracy and not Kiyosaki whose most teaching are neither applicable in Africa nor have they proven to work 60%

His book with Donald Trump revealed a lot of his impracticable theories.

13 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
yeye4live: dis will tell u dier is more to writing than makin dat money it self , money pass knowledge ,4me which means not every one wit so many certificate can make mone more dan an average illiterate

ODE!!! did u read the article at all? That's why you will remain an illiterate!!!

6 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Kslib(m): 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
Which one come be rich dad poor dad again? The same dad rich,that same dad come poor again at the same time.... Inshort engrish,you dey mad. No be my head you go use play soccer.. I quit

9 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Lugianostar(m): 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
it's quite unfortunate.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Ashawoboi: 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
Now every firm in the US is either being filed for "bankruptcy" or being sued by the FED, eg, wells fucko abi na fargo. i pray make wetin EU de see reach them!
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by basisop(m): 11:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
Grammar no be money. After speaking the whole english in his book he is broke.

Those traders in Idumota in Lagos, main market in Onitsha, katin kwori in Kano are 70% illiterate yet they are rich and successful.

How many people remember and apply what they read anyway?

4 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by akpunku1: 11:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
smart move, one thing to file a bankruptcy claim, another thing is for the jury to accept the claim..
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by SisiKill1: 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
Capitalism - Where the Mega Rich can use laws meant to make life easy for the poor to protect their mega millions.

Doncha just love it? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
basisop: Grammar no be money. After speaking the whole english in his book he is broke.

Those traders in Idumota in Lagos, main market in Onitsha, katin kwori in Kano are 70% illiterate yet they are rich and successful.

Finish reading the article!!!!! or do u have zero comprehension skills The dude is not broke!!!! That's how you lot fail exams....gosh so irritating.

4 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by basisop(m): 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2012
engineerd:

ODE!!! did u read the article at all? That's why you will remain an illiterate!!!

Na you be Ode oo. Also your thought process. Is he a business man or scammer?

If na 9ja una go say na 419, because he is american it is now a smart move financially.

Is 419 not a financial smart move too?

6 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Ashawoboi: 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
Kslib: Which one come be rich dad poor dad again? The same dad rich,that same dad come poor again at the same time.... Inshort engrish,you dey mad. No be my head you go use play soccer.. I quit
must u comment? lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by basisop(m): 11:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
engineerd:

Finish reading the article!!!!! or do u have zero comprehension skills The dude is not broke!!!! That's how you lot fail exams....gosh so irritating.

Oga, I'm more educationally grounded that you in business finance. You are the one bn deceived.

Engineer tuwon dare!
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by controlseven: 11:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
yeye4live: dis will tell u dier is more to writing than makin dat money it self , money pass knowledge ,4me which means not every one wit so many certificate can make mone more dan an average illiterate
I guess u're commenting on another thread. Read again nwa m!

1 Like

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 11, 2012
Nigerians are so illiterate.

To the illiterates posters above :

There's a very big difference between GOING BANKRUPT and FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY.
Take note, the article didn't say he is bankrupt, it only said, he filed for . . .
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Kslib(m): 11:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ashawo boi: must u comment? lipsrsealed
Must you quote me?

3 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by acidtalk: 11:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
For you all still believing he isn't broke, don't be deceived.

Robert Kiyosaki has been damn broke since over 5years.

Would have given details but I am quite busy now and my thumb aches.

Please check that his coauthor in Rich dad, poor dad. She owned about 35% stake or so in the whole business and was even believed she was the REAL BRAIN behind most of the theories.

When she left Kiyosaki, it became obvious she was the brain box behind him because the 5 other books he realeased were a total disaster. None was a bestseller even the one he wrote with Donald trump.

Now to cut long story short, check the ladies name and google both of them (together). More details and facts will come up.

It pays to be enlightened. I can bet 95% of Youths on this forum have neither heard of Kiyosaki nor read his book before.

1 Like

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by vislabraye(m): 12:00am On Oct 12, 2012
His rich dad adviced him to do so.
One of the reasons I'm tired of motivational speakers/life coaches is their theoritical approach to things.
I've heard a lot of bulls.hit from these people.
This Robert guy made more money from his books and speach about how to make money than any business he did. He doesn't understand the business world as well as the trader in Alaba market.
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 12, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin See how folks are making excuses for this guy? There is nothing good in filing for bankruptcy

People can now see there is no good formula that works for everyone. Just discover your self.

4 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Ejine(m): 12:02am On Oct 12, 2012
basisop: Grammar no be money. After speaking the whole english in his book he is broke.

You guys really don't read threads before posting, do you?

1 Like

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by controlseven: 12:08am On Oct 12, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:
Nigerians are so illiterate.

To the illiterates posters above :

There's a very big difference between GOING BANKRUPT and FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY.
Take note, the article didn't say he is bankrupt, it only said, he filed for . . .
U're on point! But the "Nigerians are illiterates" is unnecessary biko!
Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by vislabraye(m): 12:10am On Oct 12, 2012
Ejiné:

You guys really don't read threads before posting, do you?

So his filing for bankruptcy is a strategic move right? Either way, people would loose confidence in him.
Can a very buoyant business file for bankruptcy? If truly he's not actually broke then his integrity is at stake.

2 Likes

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 12, 2012
control_seven:
U're on point! But the "Nigerians are illiterates" is unnecessary biko!

No vex, i'm painted in green-white-green too.

1 Like

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by armadeo(m): 12:20am On Oct 12, 2012
IMO the book rich dad poor dad was his own way to hammer which he did. I lol when I see naijans trying to apply his principles here. A friend of mine was even telling me that a car is a liability. Imagine.
I am amazed that people cannot see reality, those principles can't work here it only apllies when there is long term credit facilities which smart ones can make a killing on.
Case in point the car or house:
Over there u can buy a car or house and pay over 30yrs hence a liabilty I.e U are in debt for 30yrs but here unless u have strong hand in ur bank who will release the car to u. Out toks are fully paid for b4 release hence asset. Its fully urs.
BTW if 95 percent haven't read that book then smh @ our future not because its applicable but because no search for knowledge.

1 Like

Re: 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy by Damon03(m): 12:31am On Oct 12, 2012
See bad belle everywhere, just because he wrote a book that makes a lot of sense (but how would u know) and u cant!!! See the dollars they are mentioning, can u even dream of having that kinda money?? No wonder a white women took all africans to the cleaners in an article saying how dumb 'we' are and concluding by saying: "They never read, so they wont even know I said a thing". Go ahead, say he doesnt know anything about money.... By the way when last did u read a gaddamn book... Idiats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Become A Registered Distributor Of Indomie Noodles / How To Invest In Quarry Business In Nigeria / Bill Gates Is World's Richest, Surpases Carlos Slim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.