Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

For All EKSU Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / For All EKSU Students (2513 Views)

EKSU Students Protest As School Management Turns To Money Sucking Machine / Riot!!! Eksu Students Brutalized During Protest In Epe Today - See Photos / EKSU Students Threaten War Over ASUU Strike, Fee Hike (2) (3) (4)

For All EKSU Students by 53cur3m0d3(m): 8:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
[b]PRESS RELEASE
Being a Press Release on the issue
of N10,500 reparation fees for
Ekiti State University Students
(EKSU)
On behalf of over 44 million and 1 Nigerian student, we wish to
commensurate and sympathize
with the family of and friends of
Late Yusuff Teslim Abiola (a.k.a
A.B.) Over the untimely death.
Our departed hero who was hit by SSA Special Duties to Ekiti
State Governor on 26th of
September, 2012 and later gave
up the ghost on the 28th of
September, 2012 on their way to
UCH Ibadan, may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace, may
Almighty God give the entire
students and the family the
fortitude to bear this irreparable
loss.
We also want to sympathize with the management of Ekiti State
University on the senseless
destruction of property by the
group of hoodlums on the 28th
of September, 2012.
We want to assert and re-assert that the introduction of capitalist
exploitation, blatant oppression
and neo-colonialism by the
management of EKSU will not
stand, WE SAY NO TO IT, WE
REJECT IT entirely because the mathematical analysis of the full-
time, part-time and pre-degree
students is over forty-five
thousand (45,000) in number. The
fact is that each student is paying
10,500, then EKSU management will internally generate about
500,000,000 (Five hundred million
naira) which amounts to capitalist
exploitation of the students who
are yet to pay their school fees.
We reject the decision of 10,500 reparation fees because we lost
our student, our friend and our
brother by the SSA to Ekiti State
Governor, and moreso, it was an
attack led by a group of
hoodlums and not a protest; which the management knew the
truth. The management should
stop shifting blames on the
innocent students. They should
stop misleading the innocent
public about this issue. OUR POSITION 1. The school must be re-opened
as soon as possible.
2. We reject the capitalist
exploitation of 10,500 by the
management of EKSU, it is totally
unacceptable to us. 3. No student should pay any
money to the bank account as
published by EKSU management
on daily Newspaper of October 9,
2012. 4. We call on the State Governor
to call the VC and his management team to reverse the
10,500 position before it gets out
of hand.
5. We also call on the State Governor
Dr. John Kayode Fayemi
to investigate what led to the death of our student, late Mr.
Abiola and the attack on 28th of
September, 2012.
6. We pass a vote of no confidence on
the management
of Ekiti State University for not carrying the students along
before making any
announcement on the 10,500
reparation fees. 7. We call on the House
of
Assembly Committee on Education Matter to also wade
into this action as a matter of
importance and urgency.
8. The SSA, Hon. Tope Longe who
knocked down Abiola Teslim must
not go unpunished and brought to book.
Finally, we give a seven (7) day
ultimatum to the management of
Ekiti State University to reverse their
position on the 10,500
reparation fees or else, there would be a strong mass action
and media protest on 19th of
October, 2012.
Once again, we say no to 10,500
reparation fees, we say no to
capitalist exploitation and neo- colonialism by EKSU
management.
ALUTA CONTINUA VICTORIA
ASCERTA ! SIGNED
ASEFON SUNDAY
DIRECTOR OF ACTION & MOBILIZATION
NANS (SOUTH WEST)
[/b]
I got this info from a source close to NANS excos

Re: For All EKSU Students by Deepoferen: 10:13am On Nov 15, 2012
Great Eksuites, i am presently in school now and it has been brought to my notice that the school will not be pushing forward their deadline for the payment of the N6,500 reparation fees. i also learnt that the all those that haven't payed by the end of today will automatically forfeit their studentship. As it is now people are saying over 50 percent have already paid. e no funny o. anybody wey never pay, make e go pay asap make we start work o.
Re: For All EKSU Students by akay48(m): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2012
Noted *heads to d bank*
Re: For All EKSU Students by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:18am On Nov 16, 2012
Deepoferen: Great Eksuites, i am presently in school now and it has been brought to my notice that the school will not be pushing forward their deadline for the payment of the N6,500 reparation fees. i also learnt that the all those that haven't payed by the end of today will automatically forfeit their studentship. As it is now people are saying over 50 percent have already paid. e no funny o. anybody wey never pay, make e go pay asap make we start work o.
If the VC wants to decongest the skul population,he shud just bring a gun or grenade to the skul premises and start shooting at students.
Are U tellin me ppl that waited 4-7yrs of their lives to get a university admission and currently in final year 'd lose their studentship over non-payment of 6k5..
I hope we don't witness another EKSU closure anytime soon (remember day 1 of first semester exams).
My 2cents
Re: For All EKSU Students by Deepoferen: 10:24am On Nov 16, 2012
53cur3m0d3:
If the VC wants to decongest the skul population,he shud just bring a gun or grenade to the skul premises and start shooting at students.
Are U tellin me ppl that waited 4-7yrs of their lives to get a university admission and currently in final year 'd lose their studentship over non-payment of 6k5..
I hope we don't witness another EKSU closure anytime soon (remember day 1 of first semester exams).
My 2cents

Do you think the 4-7 years lost in the past will be a good enough reason to take a risk on your entire future. If the school authority is saying they are no longer extending the deadline, i think we should be happy and at least stop wasting our lives unnecessarily.
Re: For All EKSU Students by 53cur3m0d3(m): 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Deepoferen:

Do you think the 4-7 years lost in the past will be a good enough reason to take a risk on your entire future. If the school authority is saying they are no longer extending the deadline, i think we should be happy and at least stop wasting our lives unnecessarily.
Com to think of it this way: if the only way they cud get dis money is thru crime,'d U advise them to go into that?
Moreover,think of families that hav say 3children in EKSU,that's a total of #19,500;they'd get Tfare to go bac to skul;Pocket Money;and most likely,foodstuffs.how much 'd U estimate that to be?
I hope the VC is right in his senses,the decision he made during last semester's exams shows he's not right for the job.I'm sure U witnessed it all den.
And wat do U've to say on behalf of SLT students who've also been askd to pay?
Re: For All EKSU Students by comidje: 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
53cur3m0d3:
Com to think of it this way: if the only way they cud get dis money is thru crime,'d U advise them to go into that?
Moreover,think of families that hav say 3children in EKSU,that's a total of #19,500;they'd get Tfare to go bac to skul;Pocket Money;and most likely,foodstuffs.how much 'd U estimate that to be?
I hope the VC is right in his senses,the decision he made during last semester's exams shows he's not right for the job.I'm sure U witnessed it all den.
And wat do U've to say on behalf of SLT students who've also been askd to pay?
Its clear to me beyond a reasonable doubt that the issue at hand is not about the reparation fees payment but the deep unjust resentment that you hold against our VC. It is true that some of our parents are burdened with the heavy responsibilities of keeping us in school, we also have to understand that the the School authority (the senate)and not only the VC carry the responsibility of keeping the school afloat in terms of management, and to let you know. it was the senate's decision to close down school and pay reparation fees. at least they have to repair the facilities destroyed. but really, you should get around school and know the level of damage done by some students. You and i are probably innocent and its unfortunate that we have to be the ones to pay for some other unruly students' actions. to be candid, you should get there and see what happened if at all you haven't seen pictures. This is not the first time we are paying reparation fees in Unad now. and they do all around as well. even in O.A.U. but really all you have done is attack the VC. i am not saying you shouldn't be a critic, but at least be factual and reasonable.
Re: For All EKSU Students by Deepoferen: 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
The VC sef don even talk for ekiti state TV today say dem don extend the grace period till friday after which school will resume. At least for those wey never pay. i just want make we resume make person finish. abi how long we won take dey school?
Re: For All EKSU Students by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
comidje:
Its clear to me beyond a reasonable doubt that the issue at hand is not about the reparation fees payment but the deep unjust resentment that you hold against our VC. It is true that some of our parents are burdened with the heavy responsibilities of keeping us in school, we also have to understand that the the School authority (the senate)and not only the VC carry the responsibility of keeping the school afloat in terms of management, and to let you know. it was the senate's decision to close down school and pay reparation fees. at least they have to repair the facilities destroyed. but really, you should get around school and know the level of damage done by some students. You and i are probably innocent and its unfortunate that we have to be the ones to pay for some other unruly students' actions. to be candid, you should get there and see what happened if at all you haven't seen pictures. This is not the first time we are paying reparation fees in Unad now. and they do all around as well. even in O.A.U. but really all you have done is attack the VC. i am not saying you shouldn't be a critic, but at least be factual and reasonable.
I have no resentment or sort against the VC.I'm a final year student so U shud know I'm not new to the system.All I'm sayin is,shud U threaten wit studentship?We all knew DK to be a strict person during his tenure and how he went bout the repairation ish bac den.wasn't it until second semester that he used it for verification and shit like dat?so why threaten wen there are other ways of sorting stuffs like dis wen U're dealing wit students?
I'm patiently awaitin the no of students that 'll lose their studentship.
Re: For All EKSU Students by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
Deepoferen: The VC sef don even talk for ekiti state TV today say dem don extend the grace period till friday after which school will resume. At least for those wey never pay. i just want make we resume make person finish. abi how long we won take dey school?
I've been home long before skul was closed and I miss skul like hell,just want us to resume so I can finish the last lap.
Re: For All EKSU Students by cdamsel(f): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
53cur3m0d3:
I've been home long before skul was closed and I miss skul like hell,just want us to resume so I can finish the last lap.
kyle I don miss u oh,hw na?
Re: For All EKSU Students by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:48am On Nov 20, 2012
cdamsel: kyle I don miss u oh,hw na?
Sweetheart,U no do me well at all o..U no even reply my mails again.me too yaf misd U plenty plenty..
Where do we hook up darlin?
Re: For All EKSU Students by cdamsel(f): 8:00am On Nov 20, 2012
53cur3m0d3:
Sweetheart,U no do me well at all o..U no even reply my mails again.me too yaf misd U plenty plenty..
Where do we hook up darlin?
mail kwa?I no see any ohhh,mail me later u hear
Re: For All EKSU Students by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:51am On Nov 20, 2012
cdamsel: mail kwa?I no see any ohhh,mail me later u hear
The last one I sent, sheybi U dee nor reply..I'll send U one later in the day but I don't kno wat to say in the mail o...

Has Asup Strike Been Called Off / Site Like Nairaland In Uk ? / NEW CHANGE! 2015/2016 Application Form Is Out #7000 (admission Without JAMB)