Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States (1419 Views)

Raw Video Of Uniport Aluu 4 Killings Viewers Discretion Advised / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by DExplorer1: 8:12am On Oct 12, 2012
Please be informed that the community Chief who ordered the condenmable extrajudicial killing of the lynched four uniport students, Alhaji Hasan, was raised in northern sharia states and only came home to Rivers State recently...infact he heads all the muslim community in the state! Thus, his worldview of justice must have been influenced by the sharia code cum culture of amputations, tooth for tooth, eye for eye...hence, he ordered his boys to chase the police away and afterwhich, to go ahead and kill the four victims...what a Babaric act, I totally condenm it in its entirety! Written by Victor Nwobike

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2012
Source please!
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by ektbear: 8:38am On Oct 12, 2012
Not cool to blame somebody else for your own behavior.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by DExplorer1: 8:45am On Oct 12, 2012
ib55: Source please!
Must there be a website link for a background research? What has the Sahara reporters and co been feeding us anyways? Please halt the clamour for source and confirm if this' wrong, which definitely was carefully research.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by DExplorer1: 8:53am On Oct 12, 2012
ekt_bear: Not cool to blame somebody else for your own behavior.
I don't think it's apportioning blame, is about the reasons-behind. The killing was powered by some individuals; those that didn't think right, and those areas needs to be checked and sanitized.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by gidiMonsta(m): 9:06am On Oct 12, 2012
Nawa for this goon oo, when did Alh. Hassan become Umuokiri-Aluu community chief again? undecided

COMPLETE BULLCRAP
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by DExplorer1: 9:12am On Oct 12, 2012
gidiMonsta: Nawa for this goon oo, when did Alh. Hassan become Umuokiri-Aluu community chief again? undecided

COMPLETE BULLCRAP
MUST YOU REPLY FROM YOUR LITTLE KNOWLEDGE? Do your findings and give us his name.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 12, 2012
Comrade D-Explorer, how is this attempt to whip up public sentiment against a section of the Nigerian population any different from what took place in Aluu?
By implying that only someone raised in one of the Northern (sharia) states is capable of dispensing "jungle justice", you are unquestionably stretching credulity beyond acceptable bounds, no?

What I am to make of the experience of my neighbour's roguish son who was once saved from the clutches of a mob - minutes away from being doused in petrol - for no other reason than being accused of common theft by one witness only.
Better still, tell me how to locate my own personal experience of being tagged a member of our National intelligence service, driven by ulterior motives; whom a mob was prepared to sacrifice on an altar of expediency, simply for wearing combat-like apparel and refusing to sing "cult of personality" songs, while at a public demonstration I was fully in support of.

Aside from seeking justice for the young men who were brutally killed in Aluu, this is a time to take stock of the desensitization process which has turned ours into an inhumane society, with so many compatriots baying for blood at every opportunity.

The way I see it...we all stand accused of complicity by refusing to appraise and take action on what is fast becoming the scourge of a Nation: Jungle justice the norm in Nigeria now (***Viewer beware - contains graphic photographs***)
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by DExplorer1: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2012
eGuerrilla: Comrade D-Explorer, how is this attempt to whip up public sentiment against a section of the Nigerian population any different from what took place in Aluu?
By implying that only someone raised in one of the Northern (sharia) states is capable of dispensing "jungle justice", you are unquestionably stretching credulity beyond acceptable bounds, no?

What I am to make of the experience of my neighbour's roguish son who was once saved from the clutches of a mob - minutes away from being doused in petrol - for no other reason than being accused of common theft by one witness only.
Better still, tell me how to locate my own personal experience of being tagged a member of our National intelligence service, driven by ulterior motives; whom a mob was prepared to sacrifice on an altar of expediency, simply for wearing combat-like apparel and refusing to sing "cult of personality" songs, while at a public demonstration I was fully in support of.

Aside from seeking justice for the young men who were brutally killed in Aluu, this is a time to take stock of the desensitization process which has turned ours into an inhumane society, with so many compatriots baying for blood at every opportunity.

The way I see it...we all stand accused of complicity by refusing to appraise and take action on what is fast becoming the scourge of a Nation: Jungle justice the norm in Nigeria now (***Viewer beware - contains graphic photographs***)

From my sincere perspective, this isn't a concentration on any part of the Nigerian population. It's about getting things right! Those things we took with levity in the name of friends and family. The issue at hand has earned wide analyses and we cannot ignore the processes that led to this nefarious act.

Sir, let me make this clear that it was the Governor himself that ordered the arrest of the ALUU community chief, he was aware and duly consulted before the gruesome execution, what can we make of that? Here's someone analysing his background and his mind-frame that led to the death of the promising 4, is that not more of a way forward and positive criticism?

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by tpia5: 9:43am On Oct 12, 2012
did he use to be an almajiri?

i've long been saying many of the northern killings are participated in by southerners.

just please tell me the cameraman wasnt intending to present his video somewhere in return for cash.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2012
D-Explorer:

From my sincere perspective, this isn't a concentration on any part of the Nigerian population. It's about getting things right! Those things we took with levity in the name of friends and family. The issue at hand has earned wide analyses and we cannot ignore the processes that led to this nefarious act.

Sir, let me make this clear that it was the Governor himself that ordered the arrest of the ALUU community chief, he was aware and duly consulted before the gruesome execution, what can we make of that? Here's someone analysing his background and his mind-frame that led to the death of the promising 4, is that not more of a way forward and positive criticism?

Comrade, Necklacing did not start in Nigeria yesterday.
At any rate, my overarching argument is that we all stand accused of being complicit (and I include the governor here) by allowing an extra-judicial approach to "problem solving", to acquire entrench roots in our society, through collective inaction.

Tekena has been my younger brother for many years. I saw them as they lay in the water naked with leaves covering their unclothedness.” His elder sister said she struggled and entered the crowd. Somebody shouted “Who is that? What is she doing inside?” “People were pushing me and I started crying. He is my brother! He is not a thief! Somebody behind me said O’girl run for your life.

About two persons turned and asked, are you sure he is your brother, and said may be I was the person that sent him to go and steal.” Ibisobia replied them that how could she send him, that she did not look as such. ‘They said I should run for my life that I would be the next one, fifth person.” The young lady lamented that before she could get to her friend’s room to call her family members, she learnt that the mob had taken them to the burrow pit. “So, I went there again.

I called my family and they started coming. The police van came, went into the mob and they were talking to them (youths). The people kept quiet as police were making statements. “I heard them laughing. You know, they were happy. They kept quiet again. Police talked and they laughed again. The next was for me to see three policemen coming out of the mob, boarded their van. And, one of the said “burn them alive”. “I must confess, I was gripped with fear.

I had the intention to talk to the man that said they should be burnt alive. As soon as they (police) drove off, I saw the flames. I was thinking they burnt them after they had killed them. Later, I discovered that they were burnt while they were alive.
I watched them kill my brother
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by Gbawe: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2012
eGuerrilla: Comrade D-Explorer, how is this attempt to whip up public sentiment against a section of the Nigerian population any different from what took place in Aluu?

Terribly distressing images. Absolutely evil. This is why some of us continue to criticise foisted stooges (like OBJ, Yar Adua, david Mark, GEJ et al) whose main agenda is to protect the status quo rather than lead. Why, for god sake, not treat this issue as a National emergency? If I were President , I will address the nation, as a matter of urgency, and make it clear that "jungle justice" is illegal and anyone guilty of it will be severely dealt with. This is what David Cameron did after the UK riot. It is what leaders should do after crisis rears it head.

The Aluu killing brought everything to a head and I am surprised there is still no clear cut action or harmonised position from the FG. The president and VP should even pledge 20% of their food budget towards the issuance of leaflets and materials throughout Nigeria, in all languages, showing that this is a criminal act that will not be condoned!!! An urgent awareness campaign, involving our leaders and law enforcement agencies , should start ASAP !!! If it does not exist already, then our indolent legislators should look at introducing a bill entirely specific to this issue i.e one that criminalises "jungle justice" and recommends severe punishment for anyone guilty of it. No one should go around taking the law into their own hands and executing others. There is simply no place for that sort of behaviour in sane society !!!

Yet we won't see any action and these terrible acts will continue and proliferate. This is what happens when we indulge mediocre/accidental leaders. These things are not Rocket science yet those without the passion or talent to lead, yet find themselves in leadership roles, continue to watch indifferently and impotently as Nigeria slides towards total anarchy and chaos. Many men are patently evil. They will be encouraged to do their worst in an arena where their is effectively no deterrent against wrongful action. So far, Nigerian leaders show they do not understand this concept at all.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by tpia5: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2012
Tekena has been my younger brother for many years

‘They said I should run for my life that I would be the next one, fifth person.”

is this what led to the mysterious "fifth person" rumour?
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by BlackBaron: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2012
What a nicompoop.

What next, let's start blaming chickens crossing the road for our bad roads.

Call a spade a spade. Most Nigerians are evil irrespective of their geographical axis. Necklacing in the south, amputation in the North. What gives ?
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2012
duplicate post
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 12, 2012
@tpia,

Perhaps she meant step-brother through marriage. Who knows?
A moot point in the scheme of things, don't you think?
It is quite worrying that all you could extract from the sister's account, which shows law enforcement officers were in close proximity when this heinous crime took place is point, is something quite inconsequential .
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by coogar: 10:22am On Oct 12, 2012
eGuerrilla: @tpia,

It is quite worrying that all you could extract from the sister's account, which shows law enforcement officers were in close proximity when this heinous crime took place is point, is something quite inconsequential .

if the cops that came are born in that village, they wouldn't defy the orders of their boko haram ruler.....
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by tpia5: 10:26am On Oct 12, 2012
eGuerrilla: @tpia,

i was just wondering about that.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 12, 2012
Gbawe:

Terribly distressing images. Absolutely evil. This is why some of us continue to criticise foisted stooges (like OBJ, Yar Adua, david Mark, GEJ et al) whose main agenda is to protect the status quo rather than lead. Why, for god sake, not treat this issue as a National emergency? If I were President , I will address the nation, as a matter of urgency, and make it clear that "jungle justice" is illegal and anyone guilty of it will be severely dealt with. This is what David Cameron did after the UK riot. It is what leaders should do after crisis rears it head.

The Aluu killing brought everything to a head and I am surprised there is still no clear cut action or harmonised position from the FG. The president and VP should even pledge 20% of their food budget towards the issuance of leaflets and materials throughout Nigeria, in all languages, showing that this is a criminal act that will not be condoned!!! An urgent awareness campaign, involving our leaders and law enforcement agencies , should start ASAP !!! If it does not exist already, then our indolent legislators should look at introducing a bill entirely specific to this issue i.e one that criminalises "jungle justice" and recommends severe punishment for anyone guilty of it. No one should go around taking the law into their own hands and executing others. There is simply no place for that sort of behaviour in sane society !!!

Yet we won't see any action and these terrible acts will continue and proliferate. This is what happens when we indulge mediocre/accidental leaders. These things are not Rocket science yet those without the passion or talent to lead, yet find themselves in leadership roles, continue to watch indifferently and impotently as Nigeria slides towards total anarchy and chaos. Many men are patently evil. They will be encouraged to do their worst in an arena where their is effectively no deterrent against wrongful action. So far, Nigerian leaders show they do not understand this concept at all.

But our laws, as is the case with most things, make it perfectly clear the dispensation of "jungle justice" is illegal.
It is the absence of real leadership at local government-level, state-level, and National-level which allows a vacuum where Neathendal behaviour thrives.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by DExplorer1: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
coogar:

if the cops that came are born in that village, they wouldn't defy the orders of their boko haram ruler.....
That's the point! The whole scene had some ill spark and horrendous intention. A terrifying scene that ran for almost 2hrs should have been halted before their death.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by tpia5: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
and the animal with the recorder. . . . . stood right right there through the whole thing. . . . . . busily recording. . . . . . .

smh.

his own turn will come some day.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by coogar: 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
tpia@:
and the animal with the recorder. . . . . stood right right there through the whole thing. . . . . . busily recording. . . . . . .

smh.
his own turn will come some day.

without the "animal" recording, how would we have known such atrocity took place in aluu? the "animal" with the recorder should be rewarded by the presidency for his bravery!
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by tpia5: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
the video making the rounds wasnt from the animal with the recorder.

Its from a phone.

dont know if you're being sarcastic but your joke is in extremely bad taste.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by coogar: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
tpia@:
the video making the rounds wasnt from the animal with the recorder.

Its from a phone.
dont know if you're being sarcastic but your joke is in extremely bad taste.

either way, those videos are now strong evidence against aluu village. you cannot excuse the mobile phone recording and criticise the cam recording.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by tpia5: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
The cam recording was obviously premeditated and for a purpose, while the phone recordings were chance.

The man got up close to each of the boys as they were being beaten, and did not in any way indicate discomfort with what was going on.

Clearly, he was one of the killers and working in tandem with them.

How do you grab an actual camera to record this type of thing if you didnt plan to do something with it?

He was most likely filming for his sponsors who needed to see evidence the boys were physically tortured and killed.
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by coogar: 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
tpia@:
The cam recording was obviously premeditated and for a purpose, while the phone recordings were chance.

The man got up close to each of the boys as they were being beaten, and did not in any way indicate discomfort with what was going on.

Clearly, he was one of the killers and working in tandem with them.

How do you grab an actual camera to record this type of thing if you didnt plan to do something with it?

He was most likely filming for his sponsors who needed to see evidence the boys were physically tortured and killed.

it seems you are forgetting the boys were brutally tortured for several hours before they got burnt - anyone could get a return flight to lagos from aluu village in that period! simply put, they(mobile cam and camcorder) all had enough time on their hands to get their gadgets out and capture the incident!
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by ARmanx(m): 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
@ poster u are the biggest fool ever known to man I don't know what is the relationship btw Muslims and the aluu killing people like you don't deserve to exist, your father should have used a condom or better still your mum should have swallowed you
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by EruditeVik: 8:33am On Nov 18, 2012
ARmanx: @ poster u are the biggest fool ever known to man I don't know what is the relationship btw Muslims and the aluu killing people like you don't deserve to exist, your father should have used a condom or better still your mum should have swallowed you

does the place and kind of socialization we recieved affect our orientation cum actions? If yes, then the writter of this article did a wonderful research and his analysis has proven him as a seasoned social scientist!
Re: UPDATE: ALUU Community Chief Was Raised In Northern Sharia States by EruditeVik: 8:45am On Nov 18, 2012
EruditeVik:

does the place and kind of socialization we recieved affect our orientation cum actions? If yes, then the writter of this article did a wonderful research and his analysis has proven him as a seasoned social scientist!
ib55: Source please!
EruditeVik:

HURRAH...THE POSTMODERNISTS ARE TAKING OVER!

A BIG CONGRATULATION TO HON. PATRICK OBAHIAGBON ON HIS APPOINTMENT AS THE NEW EDO STATE CHIEF OF STAFF!

He is a rare gem, one of the few living
postmodernists that efficaciously peregrinate the
wilo-the-wisp of our multi-dimensional
sociopolitical system...he is my iconic mentor, in
whom am well pleased.....BRAVO!

it is our victory...a victory for the
postmodernists...we are gyrating gi-effussiously
within our cardiac empire, to the news that one
of our leading Generals have successfully broken
cum circumvent the circumscribing cum
baricading berlin wall of conservative machiavellianism, whose age-long dynasty have
produced a retrogressive voyage of the ship of
Nigerian state, towards the aqua of omni-
enormous underdevelopment...It is a thing of Joy
that despite our minature calvary, our warfare
have proven efficaciously potent cum pulveristic...it is indeed a giant stride for the
compendium of our ideosophic field
marshals...very soon, the ideoflag of
postmodernism shall be seen flying high in
virtually all the steering dimensional positions of
the Nigerian state.

Long live our ideoshade

Long live our ideosophic field marshals

Long live postmodernism-the corrosive cum
demystifying 21st century sociopolitical ideology!

(1) (Reply)

12 Killed After Gun Men Attack In Paris / Xenophobia:uk, China, Australia, Hong Kong Issue Travel Warning For South Africa / PHOTO: Everyday For The Thief, One Day For The Owner...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.