Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day (7293 Views)

12 Types Of People You Will Meet On Election Day / Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch / Poll: If Today Was Election Day, Who Would You Vote For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Idokojimmy: 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
Governor Olusegun Mimiko’s Campaign Organization [MCO] today alleged that the Action Congress of Nigeria [ACN] has perfected plans to rig the next week Saturday’s election by distributing fake dollars to the electorate in order to secure their votes.

The Mimiko campaign team alleged that the leadership of ACN has decided to embark on this criminal trick due to the fact that the party treasury is now empty.
A statement signed by its Director of Publicity, Mr. Olabisi Kolawole said the coming gubernatorial poll had now put all the ACN controlling States in a serious financial mess, following the huge amount of money already spent on its candidate, Rotimi Akeredolu.

It particularly pointed accusing fingers at Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola for wasting the state’s funds to finance the Ondo State election.
MCO also alleged that only last week, over N2billion was withdrawn from the State Government accounts in banks in Osogbo, the State capital while over N3billion was siphoned from Local Government accounts in Lagos State.

The statement reads, “Now that it has become glaring that the Ondo election would not be a push over owing to the huge popularity of Dr Olusegun Mimiko whose rating has continued to soar, the ACN leaders have in their desperation to bribe voters; bought at least 500 voters’ cards from each ward in the Ondo Central where Governor Mimiko comes from and where there is a high density of voters and pay other sundry expenses of those to be imported as thugs; pay fake Civil Defence corps members; fake Youth Corps members; fake policemen and army amongst others, they have resorted to use fake dollars.

“We are aware that fake dollars abound in the Oluwole area of Lagos where the leader of ACN grew up, they have decided to import tonnes of these fake dollars to pay those who would be bought over in their desperation’ as they would not know the difference, thus eating their cake and having it,”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/12/ondo-state-acn-broke-plan-spend-fake-dollars-election-day-mimiko/
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by HammedSodiqq: 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
The eagle eyes of EFCC and CBN should be activated. No Ojoro, no magu magu. Like Adams OSHIOMOLE would say. That to GEJ, his electoral reform is working
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by siddiq202(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
Which plan do they (Governor Olusegun Mimiko’s Campaign Organization [MCO]) also have for the day . I guess that of the ACN will beat theirs.
Now they are afraid.

5 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by kokoye(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
Shame on Mimiko if the people of Ondo state will be easily influenced by fake dollars.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by siddiq202(m): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
We are aware that fake dollars abound in the Oluwole area of Lagos where the leader of ACN grew up, they have decided to import tonnes of these fake dollars to pay those who would be bought over in their desperation’ as they would not know the difference, thus eating their cake and having it,”

why can't they report to appropriate authority to deal with it instead of seeking public attention?
what a poor accusation

6 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Adanyebe(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
SAME PEOPLE WILL RULE US ABI?.... 9JA OWN DON FINISH grin anyway i stil hail the sleeping giant of africa grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Super1759: 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
What a cheap champaign..so with this news people will vote mimiko shebi?

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
Fake Dollars? Wow. undecided
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by jude33084(m): 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
siddiq202:

why can't they report to appropriate authority to deal with it instead of seeking public attention?
what a poor accusation

Are you new with Nigeria politics wink just ignor them aŋԂ cast your vote for τhe candidate of ♈☺uЯ choice smiley

1 Like

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
This Mimiko must be a m0r0n

Does he think anyone would believe this rubbish?

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Azedplus(m): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
why is mimiko crying foul ? what biz of his of where co-candidates fund their campaign.both ACN and LP are dirty player (4rm wot i saw on d debates n campaigns).how i wish OLUSOLA OKE isn't of d PDP as he addresses issues and not battle for supremacy by ACN and LP.thats just my opinion here 4rm lagos,though an ACN fan but i despise them on ONDO 2012

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Okontami: 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
I miss KULIKULI. KULI KULI and Garri, please when will I have you?? Home sweet Home
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Kslib(m): 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
When will we have leaders of integrity?
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by bestower: 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
That is not excuse for LP,instead they should prepare ahead for the forthcoming election and stop making ingeniue excuses,moreover that's how they( PDP) shouted during the edo state election but at the end they lost,can u tell MCO to pls work harder and stop fabricating stories to castigate ACN,at least use what u have to get what u need.gbam.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by walygy(m): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
I don't understand mimiko again o imagin you as an incumbent governor that u have all the state fund under you and yet if really you perform you don't need all this baseless alligation and blackmail it have shown that he have accept defect before election what a shame on mimiko you have no integrity.you can force cheap blackmail for ondo people we know what happening there,akure out of the whole state no other development and yet mimiko shout as if the abiye project attached with the state fund ,this is a project and fund by WHO without non fund from mimiko he is a big thief very big one ask him what have he done since he started as a commissioner and minister big ole

1 Like

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Archmed(m): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
singing*If I say A,you say C, another man say N...omo na you sabi*

1 Like

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Jaywon242(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2012
Some pple here are just spewing rubbish as if this is not Nigeria where anything is possible. I know a boy in my house here that has collected N10,000 from ACN. So if they can spend such an amount on sm1 what stops them from doing any other thing that will make them win votes.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Aderostock(m): 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
OMG! So mimiko can be nervous and intimidated. I said it and all should mark my words ' ACN will win come next week saturday'.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by kiyosaki1(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
Let Mimiko too go and print fake pounds sterling abi na free world now

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Ozonna(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
dayokanu: This Mimiko must be a m0r0n

Does he think anyone would believe this rubbish?

This story will make voters to reject any money that ACN will give them. We all know that the latest way to rig now is by buying votes.

Because of this propaganda by Mimiko, Ondo voters may even reject Naira notes from the ACN
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by siddiq202(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
jude33084:
Are you new with Nigeria politics wink just ignor them aŋԂ cast your vote for τhe candidate of ♈☺uЯ choice smiley
The election is in Ondo and I'm living in Lagos tongue
never voted in my life though
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by garrigangster: 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
I can see many of you chasing shadows either because you are biased, plainly mischievous or u just choose to ignore the truth.
Serious issues have been raised by the LP against the AC-HEN prominent of which are
1. State funds from Osun are being used to finance the AC-HEN's campaign in Ondo State
2.Local Government funds from Lagos states are also being used to finance the AC-HEN's campaign in Ondo State
3. Allegations of alleged bribery to induce voters into voting the AC-HEN candidate.

Had these allegations been raised by Lie Mohammed of the AC-HEN against the PDP or the LP, many of you would remove d speck from your eyes and side with the AC-HEN.

Many of you need lessons in objectivity.
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Profkomolafe(m): 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
I thought mimiko had mind of playing politics as he waz blabing on Ait yesterdai.only untrusted source news that he heard 4rm 1 mumuish jobless person that made him shivering al round the place. If truly he worked in his 1st year, his works wil speak 4 hm lyk fash_olæ...BUT ACN NA BADT GUYS O IF SAY NA TRUE O.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by olapluto(m): 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ozonna:

This story will make voters to reject any money that ACN will give them. We all know that the latest way to rig now is by buying votes.

Because of this propaganda by Mimiko, Ondo voters may even reject Naira notes from the ACN
In this Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by CLIQBOY(m): 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
how them know ?
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by gen2briz(m): 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
Even if na photocopy dollar or duplicate dollars me i no mind ooo
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by dacostar: 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
This is political gimmick from LP, that they have already accept a defeat before election. The so call mimiko should names his achievement for the
Past 4 yrs in ondo state. He is just blabbing around?

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by justsayemma(m): 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
If Mco realy workd in his 1st tenure,he shdnt be scared,Ondo people r nt dumb,they wil vote him just d way Edo people voted Oshomole,despite d gimicks of Pdp.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Akolawole(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
Why is Mimiko worried about ACN's dollars?

This election will be very interesting though!
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by Sayfat(m): 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
If fake dollar can entice the ondo voters, then Mimiko has succeeded in aggravating the poverty level of Ondo people in the last 3 and half years of his rule.
With this alert from MCO-MIMIKO CAMPAIGN ORG. It is understatement that Mimiko has failed in alleviating poverty of mind, which can cause the ondo voters to take fake dollar and trade away their civil right.
Mimiko, you are making me to have a re-think about your personality, which I hold in high esteem. ONDO SIGN YOUR EYES, MIMIKO IS NOT THE MAN FOR THE JOB.

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by ektbear: 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
ola_pluto:
In this Nigeria?
lol grin
Re: Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day by ektbear: 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mimiko should stop wasting his time, and report the ACN to the EFCC or better yet the US government. The latter doesn't take kindly to people printing fake currency...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Speech At UN Summit In Mauritania / Bangladesh Envoy Visits PMB, Promises Stronger Ties / OPINION: Corrupt Nigerians Are Rooting For APC And PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.