Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu (11751 Views)

2019: PDP Leaders Meet Kwankwaso, Target Saraki / South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Buhari And Other APC Leaders Meet IBB In His Hilltop Residence In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Osiris211: 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
The Igbo apex socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, and its
northern counterpart, the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), yesterday in Enugu rekindled hope in the continued existence of Nigeria as one
indivisible entity.

Chairman, National Executive Council and head of the delegation of
ACF to a meeting between the two groups, Alhaji Aliko M. Mohammed had arrived in Enugu on Tuesday with Senator J.K.N Waku, Senator
Ladan Shini, Major-General Lawrence Onoja, Brig-General Mohammed
Umar, among others, ahead of their meeting with Ohanaeze Ndigbo, to
inaugurate the South-East chapter of ACF.

The meeting proper held yesterday at Universal Hotel, Enugu was presided over by the two leaders of the organisations: Alhaji Mohammed (ACF), and Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-General, Ambassador Raph Uwechue, who attended the meeting with former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme; and former Ebonyi State governor and health minister, Chief Sam Egwu. Others are Senator Offia Nwali; Nweke Anyigor; Eze Ozobu; former Ohanaeze PG, Prof Joe Irukwu; Ohanaeze Secretary, Nduka Eya; First Republic Aviation Minister, Chief Mbazuluike Amechi; Professor Chinedu Nebo; Professor Uzodimma
Nwala; Chief Onyeso Nwachukwu, among others.

After the meeting, the two groups in a communiqué said they had a big brief discussion where they underlined “the imperative of national unity dialogue and consensus, based on the principles of equity, justice and cooperation among the various people of Nigeria.” They, however, agreed that since the visiting ACF raised some weighty
issues in its address, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo would need some time to
study its presentation and then make its own response for discussion in a future meeting.

In the ACF presentation, Alhaji Mohammed had noted that the meeting
had deep historical significance as it was the first time in recent times
when leaders from Northern Nigeria and their counterparts from the
South sat down together on a common table as one extended family to discuss. He told their Ohanaeze Ndigbo host that they requested for the meeting in their belief that all the ethnic nationalities have a duty to dialogue with one another and search for solutions to the major issues of concern to the country.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/ohanaeze-arewa-leaders-meet-in-enugu/
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Osiris211: 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
Yo' Good morning NIGERIA!!!

ONE NAIJERIYA!!!!
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Standing5(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
P:-
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by 4chi: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
"oga" and " giringory" meeting...
cheesy
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
To inaugurate the South East Chapter of what?
Did you say ACF?

emm, Please will they also inaugurate South East chapter of BOKO HARAM?

Just asking ooo!

7 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by bashr8: 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
noblezone: To inaugurate the South East Chapter of what?
Did you say ACF?

emm, Please will they also inaugurate South East chapter of BOKO HARAM?

Just asking ooo!
dont u already have ohaneze in the north?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Obiagu1(m): 7:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
Until ACF and Ohanaeze work towards driving Yorubas out of Nigeria, nothing good will come out of this country.
Yorubas are non-Nigerians and must leave. Let them go with Bakassi!

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by ITbomb(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
hope Ndigbo won't be deceive again . Support us and we will . . .
But it is a good meeting coming at the heel of Igbo vs Yoruba bashing , maybe looking for allay in the most unlikely places
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2012
When their lords start killing them again, they will starting blaming another Awolowo.

NCNC + NPC = Biafra War. However, Awolowo is still giving them nightmares!

Wimps!!

13 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
Obiagu1: Until ACF and Ohanaeze work towards driving Yorubas out of Nigeria, nothing good will come out of this country.

Do you remember the blockade and starvation? You will get that again if you try anything.

There are millions of Awolowos among Yorubas now.

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by DANILSA(m): 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2012
Obiagu1: Until ACF and Ohanaeze work towards driving Yorubas out of Nigeria, nothing good will come out of this country.
HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR DRUGS TODAY? WHO SHOULD LEAVE? IS IT HAUSAS OR YORUBAS. I WILL CHOOSE YORUBAS TO STAY EVEN IN MY GRAVE. grin grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by akigbemaru: 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
Recipes for another civil war II, Igbo and Hausa, the two strange bed fellows!
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Obiagu1(m): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
DANILSA: HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR DRUGS TODAY? WHO SHOULD LEAVE? IS IT HAUSAS OR YORUBAS. I WILL CHOOSE YORUBAS EVEN IN MY GRAVE. grin grin grin

I'd rather battle an identifiable enemy than deal with a snake. You got the drift, don't you?

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by DANILSA(m): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
[s]inaugurate the South-East chapter of ACF. [/s] I THINK NO NEED PLEASE HOPE THEY WONT USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO BEG FOR COW PASSAGE. angry sad
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Obiagu1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 12, 2012
kindabigg:

Do you remember the blockade and starvation? You will get that again if you try anything.

There are millions of Awolowos among Yorubas now.

... like vampires they are, they await around the corner.

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Mcdondayan: 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
Its good they respected the igbos by coming to enugu and not asking the igbos to bow for them lyk some others will gladly do.
But pls my igbo elders be careful before you are given a greek gift.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
Obiagu1:

I'd rather battle an identifiable enemy than deal with a snake. You got the drift, don't you?

i agree. gbam

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by azimibraun: 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
With due respect, I am nt quite an expert on hw nairaland works so pls excuse my bringing an unconnected issue here.. Pls hw do I get this to be discussed? Just read dailytrust and in a colunm " the Savagery of Aluu" the writer said this." Uniformed personnel and at least one in police uniform" were bystanders in the crowd when thos luvly kids wia bin gruesomely murderd.. U guys check it out.. Police in that crowd? Wish it wasn't true.
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by DANILSA(m): 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mcdondayan: Its good they respected the igbos by coming to enugu and not asking the igbos to bow for them lyk some others will gladly do.
But pls my igbo elders be careful before you are given a greek gift.
HAUSAS ARE LOOKING FOR ONE CHANCE,YORUBAS ARE DIVIDED, NORTH IS DIVIDED, SOUTH NO VOTE, SO THEY WANT TO OFFER THEM VP(GREEK GIFT)TO BANK AND WIN. BUT I THINK YORUBAS AND IGBOS HAVE LEARNED FROM THEIR MISTAKE. ASK EKWUEME AND ABIOLA grin grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
anything less than arewa support for igbo presidential candidate in 2015 is a greek gift
aboki should support igbo in 2015
after that we can support them for future elections
they should learn how to be patient

11 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by DANILSA(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
azimibraun: With due respect, I am nt quite an expert on hw nairaland works so pls excuse my bringing an unconnected issue here.. Pls hw do I get this to be discussed? Just read dailytrust and in a colunm " the Savagery of Aluu" the writer said this." Uniformed personnel and at least one in police uniform" were bystanders in the crowd when thos luvly kids wia bin gruesomely murderd.. U guys check it out.. Police in that crowd? Wish it wasn't true.
COME WHY YOU DE DRAW US BACK? WE THOROUGHLY DISCUSSED THIS IN THE AFTERNOON. angry angry angry PLEASE READ BACK.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
"Reads thread,rolls eyes and walks away"
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Obiagu1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
They will meet again, maybe in 2025, talking about the same issue.
We need people as brave as Achebe who will say things the way they are without considering the usual "chicken" attacks, more like pestering.

Someone brave should say to all Nigerians, YORUBA MUST GO!

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by dridowu: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
Hope they are not planning to sell 9ja
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
Politics is so complicated.
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by jidestar: 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
Lip service. Igbo shall neva learn.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by tubolancer(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
So it is yoruba that must go,okay o we shall go and leave you in the hand of hausas but if anything happen between you folks another awolowo will be eager to sell his expertise hope you will not cruxify him this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by dayokanu(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
No be today. E don tay wey Igbo be hausa slaves

From Azikwe to Balewa

Ekwueme to SHagari

Sylvester Ugo to Bashitr Tofa

Soludo to Atiku

the slaves have merely reunited with their masters

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by kunlekunle: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
im really sorry for you guys,
when 200chickens and 10wolves are discussing whats for dinner.
i bet you, there would be enough, there would a take away and there would be reminants.
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by Osiris211: 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ohanaeze sopulo boko haram.
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by fittty(m): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ba won ni eleyi fe concern awa to wani ilu yoruba undecided
Re: Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu by informatix: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
[size=14pt]make them Arewa check their Phones coz. it might be missing and them Ohanaeze needs to search them Arewa Leaders thoroughly and use bullet proof vest and hide in bullion Van throughout the meeting.[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Lock Up Idumota Traders Shop,orders Them 2Go To Ambode's Rally-pics / Peter Obi: I Am Supportive Of Oil Discovery In North-East / Nigeria Air Force Begins War On South-south Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.