Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Prosecco(the Sparkling Wine) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prosecco(the Sparkling Wine) (1189 Views)

Marlango Cava Brut Sparkling Wine / Palm Wine! Now In A Can ? / World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prosecco(the Sparkling Wine) by oziomatv(m): 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2008
Have any body come across this beautiful wine called PROSECCO?

Prosecco DOC of Conegliano-Valdobbiadene is recognizable by its pale straw-yellow colour, its moderate body and its exclusively fruity and floral aroma.   Follows a brief description of the characteristics of the various types of wine produced.

There're 6 types of it that are well recognized in the field of wine.
   1.The Brut
   2. the extra dry
   3.the cartizze
   4. sparkling
    5. semi-sparkling
    6.still
The Sparkling Prosecco gives full expression to its character, which is at once, both agile and energetic and is produced principally in two versions, the Extra Dry and the Brut. bout the BRUT,This is the most modern of the Prosecco wines and it has had great international success. It is characterized by richer aromas of citrus fruit and fresh vegetation with pleasant hints of bread crust showing through, coming together on the palate with an exquisite gustative energy.
Its fine perlage ensures a persistent taste which is clean on the palate, making this the sparkling wine par excellence for the table.

Extra dry
This is a ‘classic’ Prosecco, the version which combines the vine variety’s aromatic quality with the exalted sapidity of its fine bubbles.
The colour is a brilliant straw-yellow enlivened by its perlage (strands of tiny bubbles). Its aromatic quality is fresh and rich in fruity aromas of apple and pear with a hint of citrus fruit which fades into the floral bouquet.
In the mouth it is soft, yet at the same time dry,It makes the perfect aperitif.

Cartizze

This is truly the inimitable embodiment of life’s beautiful moments.The intensity of its colour signals the complexity of the ample and inviting aromas that are to follow: from apple to pear, from apricot to citrus fruit, to rose, with a pleasant note of glazed almonds on the aftertaste.
Semi-sparkling
This is the most forthcoming and therefore the easiest Prosecco to taste: it was first made with the young and less expert consumer in mind.

still prosecco

This is the least known version of Prosecco outside the production zone.
It is made from well-matured grapes coming from the more densely planted and less productive vineyards.
Vinification involves a brief cold maceration of the grape-skins to enrich the bouquet and structure of the wine. It is delicate straw-yellow in colour, with a bouquet of apple, pear, almond and wild-flower honey.
The Still Prosecco has a smooth and persistent structure, and an aftertaste sometimes characterized by pleasantly bitter almond undertones, which give the wine greater expression and complexity. Even though this is not a wine to be aged, it can still be appreciated in its second year of life.

Re: Prosecco(the Sparkling Wine) by temmao: 1:51am On Feb 27, 2011
I have large quantity and various quality of fine italian wine that I am exporting in Nigeria from Italy for all the nigerian friends. Are you interested to talk about business with me?

I have also prosecco off course!! And also other type of sparkling italian wine.

I am also looking for nigerian business people that want to buy italian wine or that want to start a retail selling italian wine activity. Please feel free to contact me and send me your business request at my mail: antonio.tauri@yahoo.it

(1) (Reply)

Featherless Chicken In Nigeria Soon / A Restaurant U.S Decided To Take The Prices Off Her Menus: pay What God Wants / Coca-cola Launches New Global Campaign ‘taste The Feeling’ In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.