Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Emerging Biochemists - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Emerging Biochemists (6238 Views)

**Great Biochemists; Lets Meet Here** / Graduate And Undergraduate Biochemists.lets Talk. / A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 06, 2012
Christine01: @ Daystarn,
Hi. So sorry you haven't heard from М̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a while. I tried sending the books as an attachment I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a mail but their sizes are larger than the maximum limit. I don't know what to do.

alright aunty still expecting
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
Watzup great emerging biochemists how is life? Someone should please initiate a conversation ,pls dnt let this forum die!thanks guys
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year ppl! May this year be our year of open heavens in Jesus name,amen!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by iamcourage(m): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
Truth is.. Biochemistry is nt easy..u need hard work and prayers
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by manneger(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hi great metabolite dis is hw we greet in sch...am in my final uniport, biochemistry is nice course nt easy and nt hard it all depend on hw u work hard, but I thnk chemistry department hav a way of failin us because we borrow their course
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by mayorall(m): 3:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
Can sum1 tok about any pathway on this thread......
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by jonuel: 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
Christine 01, will also like to have them jonuel001@yahoo.com. will be very grateful having the books. Thanking you in anticipation

Christine01: @ Daystarn, its molecular cell biology.I want to combine active research work with lecturing.

I have some e-books on Biochemistry:

Garret and Grisham- Biochemistry 2nd edition.
Colour atlas of Biochemistry, 2nd edition.
Biochemistry, 3rd edition by Mattews, Van Holde and Ahern.
Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and molecular Biology.
Biochemistry, 5th edition- Lubert Stryer
Principles of Biochemistry- Lehninger
Harper's Biochemistry, 26th edition... And some others.

Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Oxytocin712: 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2013
torres2:

alright aunty still expecting
I will also like to have the book: phajem@hotmail.com Thanks.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 7:50am On Jan 05, 2013
Wow nice to meet fellow biochemist, I graduated from unn, biochemistry wasn't that hard though not easy cos it requires a lot of reading cos pathways and stuff is much but the major problem we had was chemistry that dept didn't smile at us at all got my first E and F there but as God would have it I graduated with second class upper am currently serving and preparing for masters

In my class we where 200 and like 100 graduated about 20 second class upper, no first class

I enjoyed working with principles of biochemistry by lehninger and harpers medical biochemistry
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 9:24am On Jan 05, 2013
I am happy for u oh guy,where are u serving?what kind of job do u intend to do? Christine how far with the ebooks?thanks.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
Daystarn: I am happy for u oh guy,where are u serving?what kind of job do u intend to do? Christine how far with the ebooks?thanks.

I am serving in a school in Lagos like every1else, I am not settled on where to work yet, I am heading for masters am considering btw biotechnology, environmental science, public health.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
Sorry if i am asking too much questn,just want enlighten myself more.If u are considering public health where ad what of will u do?cause I askd a doctor friend of mine who does smthng like public if I cld go into public health,bt he sd it is possible,only thse who studied a profstnal course like medicine can do that.pls how true is dat? Pls answer all,just naive,thnks
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Daystarn: Sorry if i am asking too much questn,just want enlighten myself more.If u are considering public health where ad what of will u do?cause I askd a doctor friend of mine who does smthng like public if I cld go into public health,bt he sd it is possible,only thse who studied a profstnal course like medicine can do that.pls how true is dat? Pls answer all,just naive,thnks

Its not wrong to ask questions anyway ur doctor friend is wrong I have 2 guys studying the course right now in UK, public health is for microbiologist, doctors, nurses, biochemist for anybody whose course relates to health.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by McYel(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
You guys are just doing well! I've come to understand that it's those who make their homes good that will have their homes look good. Bch is our own home and so we've got to make it the sweetest; just as it is! Keep on!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by jnrremedy(m): 12:47am On Jan 06, 2013
bukahands:

Its not wrong to ask questions anyway ur doctor friend is wrong I have 2 guys studying the course right now in UK, public health is for microbiologist, doctors, nurses, biochemist for anybody whose course relates to health.
he is right to some extent skuls in nigeria only accept medical gradutes for MPH (master in public health). i think only 2 skuls accepts other pro medical courses like bch (ABU nd one other southwestern skul but am not sure ). But most skuls abroad accept other courses as far as they re medical/health related. U can google to confirm just search MPH in nigeria
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 1:58am On Jan 06, 2013
jnrremedy:
he is right to some extent skuls in nigeria only accept medical gradutes for MPH (master in public health). i think only 2 skuls accepts other pro medical courses like bch (ABU nd one other southwestern skul but am not sure ). But most skuls abroad accept other courses as far as they re medical/health related. U can google to confirm just search MPH in nigeria

Ok
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 06, 2013
Biochemistry, my 2nd love (after organic chemistry) #sharing the love. Good luck people.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 06, 2013
Daystarn: Sorry if i am asking too much questn,just want enlighten myself more.If u are considering public health where ad what of will u do?cause I askd a doctor friend of mine who does smthng like public if I cld go into public health,bt he sd it is possible,only thse who studied a profstnal course like medicine can do that.pls how true is dat? Pls answer all,just naive,thnks
I went to LSHTM (london) to do my public health masters. Met many doctors (medical) on my course. There are many public health related masters degrees that do not require you to have a medical degree. Fact. But you must demonstrate relevance through your academic and work experience past.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 7:55am On Jan 06, 2013
Flytefalls:
I went to LSHTM (london) to do my public health masters. Met many doctors (medical) on my course. There are many public health related masters degrees that do not require you to have a medical degree. Fact. But you must demonstrate relevance through your academic and work experience past.

Nice, so if u don't mind me asking where do u work now as in which sector not necessarily d company name ? Cos am kind of bothered on how lucrative public health is in Nigeria.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Pls my question is what is application of Biochemistry in the labour market, as in where & where can it be used
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
Thanks guys,just read your posts, really grateful for ur answer s.I pray God help u guys to achieve your goals,amen! Does anyone in the house mind sharing his/her experience to the emerging biochemists.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
bukahands:

Nice, so if u don't mind me asking where do u work now as in which sector not necessarily d company name ? Cos am kind of bothered on how lucrative public health is in Nigeria.
I work in Public Health, London. Working on government-funded projects that involve preventative strategies and implementation. I want to branch into public health policy at some point. A lot of my colleagues have gone back into Medicine, Epidemiology, statistics, the third/charity sector... There is a lot of choice.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
Wow!guy I envy you o! So happy 4 u.ur friends dat want to switch to med,how long will it tk them to complete the course.I actually wanted med,didnt meet d cutoff,still have medicine on my mind,bt I also like biochem,it's really interesting.so what's ur opinion?most ppl say one can't gt a gd job after studng biochem,bt with ur achievement,thats a testimony!may God help we the great metabolites to emerge successful in our endeavour,amen!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
OF THE GR8ST BCHISTS, GR8!!!.
just graduated 4m ANSU, waitin 4 nysc...niz to meet u guys..
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
torres2: Pls my question is what is application of Biochemistry in the labour market, as in where & where can it be used
we hv many opportunities, u cn wrk in any research institute lyk NAFDAC, food producin industries lyk Nig brewery etc, pharmaceutical industries, hospitals, oil companies etc
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
Great biochemist
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by mayorall(m): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2013
Love this thread...please like what amount can a biochemist be paid in all these fields.....
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by ezehr(m): 8:25am On Jan 21, 2013
i'm Robinson and i'm studying biochemistry at university of Nigeria, Nsukka. the course is lovely with mind-blowing concepts. connects me if you want
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
Hi Robinsin! Glad u cld say u enjoy biochem,so what exactly do u enjoy? And which field do u want to ur masters ad where do u want to work. Pls respond!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Daystarn: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
Hi Robinsin! Glad u could say you enjoy biochem,so what exactly do u enjoy? And which field do u want to do your masters and where do u want to work. Pls respond!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Oxytocin712: 10:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
GREAT METABOLITES; Pls don't let this forum die as we know BIochemistry Is The Pivot Of Life. And to our many graduates out there please, come and ginger (motivate) us on situations of things out there, possible area to further, where to diver to, lucrative aspect of biochem etc
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by iamcourage(m): 3:05am On Mar 25, 2013
Great biochemist!! Am presently studying biochemistry at caritas uni, I must say that it has nt been easy buh with hardwork and prayer we will all come good,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICAN Releases November diet exam Results / Some Cool Facts You May Not Know and more[photos] / JAMB/UME Change Of Institution Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.