Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) - Science/Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) (53250 Views)

What The Inside Of The Planet Mars Looks Like. / Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) / NASA Scientists Finds Message From God On Planet Mars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by babseg(m): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2012
waledud: I also realistically think that time travel could only exist in the realm of fiction & actually to such it has been confined so far. However, the idea has been explained scientifically to be one of the many offshoots or consequences of the Einstein's general theory of relativity. There are actually quite a number of routes to the concept but one popular one entails the warping of the space-time using some form of bridges called 'wormholes', which are essentially thin tubes of space-time that can connect 2 nearly flat regions of the 'space-time universe'. This particular idea is actually not science fiction as Einstein himself together with Nathan Rosen were able to theoretical demonstrate the possibility of a typical wormhole. The problem was that the wormhole they created didn't last long enough for a spaceship to go through but they posited that advances in civilization could make it possible to keep the wormhole longer. This ofcourse has not happened so far except in the stuffy little fantasy world of some sci-fi writer. The subject is actually a complicated, allbeit, a very interesting one & I tell you some crazy scientists are locked up in some obscure laboratories working their heads off on some cerebral theories to make some lofty time machine to bring about some expository time travel which they see as a solution to some world's great problem while you and I sit in the popcorn-cozy comfort of our sitting rooms watching 'Kim & Courtney take Miami'.

Time travel is not possible because if u can travel back in time u could marry ur mum or kill ur dad. sad
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by albacete(m): 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2012

Everybody wan go diamond planet. Pls go and help us decongest Earth
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by wildguy(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2012
With all these calculations about light years, does that mean what the scientists saw is actually 40light yrs old?

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by waledud(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
wild guy: With all these calculations about light years, does that mean what the scientists saw is actually 40light yrs old?
Yes! U cud say dat..the light from the planet that are detected by their telescopes have actually been journeying for 40 light years. Much in the same way that the position in which u see the sun is really the one it was about 8mins ago cos it took the image that long to get to ur eyes.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Pain(m): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
May be this would be enough motivation to trigger innovation among the long lazy but greedy sons of nubia sad
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2012
solomon111: This shows the validity of John's vision of heaven.
This has nothing to do with the "mythical" heaven bro
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nella(f): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
Thank God sayy I don be scientist tayyy Tayyy!!!
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by samkoro: 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2012
Omo Alata:

It'll take you 40 years to get there shocked

A fundamental truth is that the creator Jehovah must have created scientific rules that could make that journey possible in few days.It is left for man to discover the rules and apply it.I think the fourth dimension,anti matter,higgs bossom and the dissappearance and appearance of protons will answer that in future.

If u wear in stone age would u have thought it was possible to create a moving object like cars talk less of aircrafts,submarines,space craft,moon landing,computers,gsm-facebooks etc.When u compare today with the pasts u will understand what I'm talking about.

Space is the future,as affirmed by deeply fore sighted scientists and leaders.Space has made the U.S wealthy by way of millitary advantage, GSM,sitelite TVs,nuclear,GPS,GIS and many other ways

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Oluwa4Sure: 8:48pm On Oct 14, 2012
Light travels 16,740,000,000 miles per day

So in 40 years Light will travel 244,404,000,000,000 miles

if a rocket can travel around 432,000 miles(that is 300miles per minute) per Day. . . .

In one year, it would have traved 157,680,000 miles. . . .

- - - - -

Judging from this calculations, if humans want to go there, I believe,

with this my 'imaginary technology', we need around 1,550,000 year(traveling with the speed
of my imaginary rocket o - sorry pals, even the machine go don turn dust for road . . .

. . . . . .

Back to reality, the distance of the earth from the moon is just 238,855 miles

And it take humans with the avialable rocket at hand 3 days to get there. . .

So abeg do the math yourself, how many days e go con take us to travel a 244,404,000,000,000 miles distance(going alone o)

Abeg make una do the maths, my calculator dey tell me enternity o!!!

This shouldn't be in the news in the first place
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Oluwa4Sure: 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2012
People here saying they have plans to build a machine that will be 14,600 times faster than lighting. . .

I will not say that is impossible o. After all, nothing is impossible. . . .

But lets start with the argument that say we can build a machine that can run the speed of light. . .

Note today rocket run 300miles per minute on fuel, after generating so much eat.

So imangine the amount of heat it could generate if it runs 11,625,000 per minute

My argument is that where are you going to launch it? The heat such a machine will generate alone
will be enough to turn earth to ashes - lol
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
Oluwa4Sure: People here saying they have plans to build a machine that will be 14,600 times faster than lighting. . .

I will not say that is impossible o. After all, nothing is impossible. . . .

But lets start with the argument that say we can build a machine that can run the speed of light. . .

Note today rocket run 300miles per minute on fuel, after generating so much eat.

So imangine the amount of heat it could generate if it runs 11,625,000 per minute

My argument is that where are you going to launch it? The heat such a machine will generate alone
will be enough to turn earth to ashes - lol

That can be handled. What can be done is to load the nuclear powered intergalactic vehicle on-board our usual rocket and launch into space, when out of the Earth's atmosphere the nuclear powered intergalactic vehicle lifts off from the rocket loader and proceeds on the journey. All the heat dissipated will never find way into our planet.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by oradee: 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire: That can be handled. What can be done is to load our usual rocket with a nuclear powered vehicle and also use the usual rocket fuel to launch a nuclear powered vehicle on board the rocket to space, when out of the Earth's atmosphere the secondary nuclear powered intergalactic vehicle lifts off from the rocket on the journey. All the heat dissipated will never find way into our planet.

are u a scientist living in Nigeria? cos if yes,im sure u must be pretty frustrated wif the level of her science and tech...
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
oradee:

are u a scientist living in Nigeria? cos if yes,im sure u must be pretty frustrated wif the level of her science and tech...

I am not frustrated at all. I do not expect many people to understand Astrophysics very much cos in Nigeria we actually study much of what brings quick bucks and not what ignites the brainwaves.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by real2fix(m): 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2012
Pls i no go skul..... help me say dis fig in word 5973600000000000000000000kg and help me multiply am by 2 which is twice d earth and multiply d final answer by $50 million which will yeild the total amount of this planet...
5973600000000000000000000kg ....my God is rich ooooo...just help wit dis calculation

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by oradee: 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
Billyonaire:
I am not frustrated at all. I do not expect many people to understand Astrophysics very much cos in Nigeria we actually study much of what brings quick bucks and not what ignites the brainwaves.

yea,i also love brainstorming too thats why ur ccomments got my attention!!!!!
i guess our generation would also be likened to the "stone age" for future generations...

The world might end metaphorically and wif it usher in a new Age...i really wonder what it brings?

remember people we use like 1% of our brains compared to Eienstein who used 10%...the possibilities of the brain and mind are endless...
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by babseg(m): 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
real2fix: Pls i no go skul..... help me say dis fig in word 5973600000000000000000000kg and help me multiply am by 2 which is twice d earth and multiply d final answer by $50 million which will yeild the total amount of this planet...
5973600000000000000000000kg ....my God is rich ooooo...just help wit dis calculation

5973600000000000000000000kg X 2 X $50000000 = DEATH grin grin grin
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by oradee: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2012
real2fix: Pls i no go skul..... help me say dis fig in word 5973600000000000000000000kg and help me multiply am by 2 which is twice d earth and multiply d final answer by $50 million which will yeild the total amount of this planet...

dont worry,the same people who came up wif the word/figure for Million,Billion,Trillion..etc wld definitely come up wif a new set
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by babseg(m): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2012
oradee:

dont worry,the same people who came up wif the word/figure for Million,Billion,Trillion..etc wld definitely come up wif a new set

the next one is googleplex

if u doubt it check it up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googleplex
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by oradee: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2012
babseg:

the next one is googleplex

if u doubt it check it up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googleplex

i guess that answers the question...
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by oradee: 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
but on the topic of UFO, how do we know it is one cos i know i keep seeing new species of creatures..

do we wait for the US to declare it a UFO or give it a name then it becomes part of us
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by blackbeau1(f): 11:47pm On Oct 14, 2012
i hope they have a 24hr survellance on the planet or else before they get there next time,some greedy nigerian politicians may send people to go empty the planet of its resources
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by EiE1(f): 11:52pm On Oct 14, 2012
D@ dude "muskyto2l had beta watch his fingers, or Iƨ̣̇ it tongue stil... G♡̷̬̩̃̊D̶̲̥̅̊ doesn't have fables and mind Ʊ, humans have nothhing †☺ dia credit without G♡̷̬̩̃̊D̶̲̥̅̊'S̶̲̥̅ intervening powers... G♡̷̬̩̃̊D̶̲̥̅̊'S̶̲̥̅ works can NEVER get smaller †☺ a "pinchomic" matter as human... He Iƨ̣̇ G O°˚˚˚ D remember, if dat planet was discovered for rea, G♡̷̬̩̃̊D̶̲̥̅̊ allowed it! Watch hw Ʊ talk abt G♡̷̬̩̃̊D̶̲̥̅̊, He Iƨ̣̇ №†̥ Ɣoΰя equal... Nor thhe astronauts!
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by deavicky(m): 12:42am On Oct 15, 2012
make una no mind those scienetis na lie them dey talk. y dey nave discover the planet since or the planet just grow.if na true say that kindplanet dey, they for done go there thief the diamond finsh be4 they for tell us or scienetis no like money. they want do watin go make boys device means to go space go hustle.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 15, 2012
^^^ Make we no mind scientist abi? But you dey use Internet, mobile phones and other things wey science do abi U dey go hospital when you sick too abi? All na science! But na God give man the knowledge sha, so, appreciate it! Don't criticise buddy~

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by albacete(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2012
seriallink: ^^^ Make we no mind scientist abi? But you dey use Internet, mobile phones and other things wey science do abi U dey go hospital when you sick too abi? All na science! But na God give man the knowledge sha, so, appreciate it! Don't criticise buddy~

3 Likes

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Oluwa4Sure: 8:38am On Oct 15, 2012
Billyonaire:

That can be handled. What can be done is to load the nuclear powered intergalactic vehicle on-board our usual rocket and launch into space, when out of the Earth's atmosphere the nuclear powered intergalactic vehicle lifts off from the rocket loader and proceeds on the journey. All the heat dissipated will never find way into our planet.

Please go and study more about nuclear power.
The heat that comes out of a single uranium when it atom is destroyed,
the heat is 10 times hotter than the sun(atomic bomb), and will kill you from 30miles away. . . .

Even with this energy being released, with it we still cannot travel the speed of light oo!
The atomic bomb or something else will have to be developed to be able to meet the speed of light. . .
Now talking about 14,600 times faster than the speed of light. . . Hmmmmm. . .

Ok, back to my question:

will be more than enough to evaporate the machine itself even if kept 30miles away . . .
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by deserteagl: 10:58am On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:
40 light years not 40 years..

Travelling at the speed of light. for 40 years.. by the time u come back, u no go remember ur papa or market...

That is roughly 3 billion metres per second if am not mistaken
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by maryswags: 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
Beync: how can i find my way there?

Take a bus 2 oshodi, wen u get der, walk straight, after d first bridge turn right uld see a jet der...guess u can continue from der
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by ScienceFiction: 3:48am On Oct 16, 2012
It is truly a majestic universe that we live in.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by benzion72(m): 10:26am On Oct 16, 2012
Hi Billyonaire do you have a twitter handler I like to follow you. Your imagination is just too sound and your contribution is intelligent mine is @Oalabetutu

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by babseg(m): 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
oradee: but on the topic of UFO, how do we know it is one cos i know i keep seeing new species of creatures..

do we wait for the US to declare it a UFO or give it a name then it becomes part of us

what specie of creatures are u talking about?
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by joshuaidibia(m): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
Billyonaire: That's very limiting. I try to juggle many fields. From politics to science, Cosmology, Mysticism, Advanced Physics, yes I love physics and Industrial Chemistry.
JACK OF ALL,MASTER OF NONE!...ds shws u jst speakn nonsense most tyms.>>>PATRICK OBAYAGBONA<<<

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Lunar Eclipse. Did You Experience It??? / Woman Flees Her House In The Middle Of the Night After Finding A Python / Meet Hackerfemo Femi Owolade-Coombs - A White Kid With Nigerian Name That Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.