Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) (53244 Views)

What The Inside Of The Planet Mars Looks Like. / Scientists Discover New Frog Species That Coughs And Groans (pic) / NASA Scientists Finds Message From God On Planet Mars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by joshuaidibia(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
since d planet s rich in carbon nd silicate,den i bet der must b generation of magma in almost all parts of d planet surface.makn it unsafe. xo anybody wey wan travl 40 light yrs jst 2 gt diamond,shud b prepared 4 Aluuish roasting!
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by mikron(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
from the article i understand the planet revolves round the sun-like structure in 18 hours as against earths 365 days round d sun, that is lightening fast. Does it mean astronauts could not make it in? Cos these oyinbo people no go remove eyes and body from there untill they die put for that planet. God is great. These are the signs and wonders fortold in the bible that will be witnessd in the end time.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by ziccoit: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
And encroachment of that diamond planet in the future may end up be an invitation to aliens invasion. grin grin grin

I remember BATTLESHIP cool
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
wiegraf: Is this confirmed

SCIENCE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Absolutely !!!
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
Amazing God! Pity its a carbon-rich planet. But I guess oxygen tanks will be used. Its d 18hrs a year part that gets me worried. Dats less than 1 min per day technically. Wonder wht country will start to lobby to get thr first and start destructing d place.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
vivacious vivi: Amazing God! Pity its a carbon-rich planet. But I guess oxygen tanks will be used. Its d 18hrs a year part that gets me worried. Dats less than 1 min per day technically. Wonder wht country will start to lobby to get thr first and start destructing d place.
No one goes there mam. Its rotating and revolving too fast. Remember its 2 times the diameter of Earth so 18hrs revolution cant be handled, even her size will generate 2 times earth's gravity. Its a deadly combo.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by knockturnal(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
This is such an amazing theoretical discovery. How nice would it be to travel 40 light years onli to find out that d diamonds are actually white mud!

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
knockturnal: This is such an amazing theoretical discovery. How nice would it be to travel 40 light years onli to find out that d diamonds are actually white mud!
At such temperature you cant find mud, its actually going to be the best of diamonds that can exist in nature.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2012
Billyonaire: No one goes there mam. Its rotating and revolving too fast. Remember its 2 times the diameter of Earth so 18hrs revolution cant be handled, even her size will generate 2 times earth's gravity. Its a deadly combo.

It will only take time, but man can conquer anything.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by 2sexy(m): 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2012
vislabraye: Just pray that a piece of the star would just fall in my backyard without causing any damage.
It is obvious you didnt study science in school... star fall, ou wan die b dat... do you know the size of a star?

Lol... you think say na as e small no so e true true small?

That is your home work...
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Ramcie(f): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2012
See as plenty people they view this thread becos diamonds which is equivalent to plenty plenty money is involved grin cheesy
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
sadeiyare:

It will only take time, but man can conquer anything.
Its possible if we develop a centrifuge machine that one can be inside in an enclosed controlled-gravity suspended platform while the surface area is revolving on that planet. But all these for Diamonds ? Its not worth it if its for Diamond, cos I can write a simple formula that can be used under controlled temperature and pressure to produce diamond from carbon. Diamonds can be 'developed' in the labs at very commercial quantities, but I guess the powers that be want to keep haurding Diamond and Gold for selfish financial gains. Nothing that cant be developed in the laboratory, I am yet to see anything in nature that can not be replicated in control environment.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by saintohia: 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
I'll set up a mining firm there.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by loomy(m): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
I'm short of words,but how did they discova it with dat kinda distance relativity to time?
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
saintohia: I'll set up a mining firm there.
You dont have to, its exists in its perfect state. So whats the mine for. I guess you should set up a warehouse.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by monalicious(f): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
Omo Alata:

It'll take you 40 years to get there shocked
Moving @ the speed of light
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by ujchief(m): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
Beync: how can i find my way there?
Dana airline. Book ur ticket online.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by ceejay80s(m): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
Waste of time!! (1).If una reach there una wan tow am to earth? Una go need lasma to help (2). If una reach there na diamond un go dey chop? (3). 30yrs as an astronaut + 40yrs when u go reach there + another 40yrs to come back = 110yrs. U are already a dead astronaut. R.I.P guys, me no get long troat

7 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by benzion72(m): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
Heaven is not a great distance to be traversed in a light year. Immediately you enter into spiritual plane in death you either go up into heaven or you go down into hell where there is darkness
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2012
ceejay80s: Waste of time!! (1).If una reach there una wan tow am to earth? Una go need lasma to help (2). If una reach there na diamond un go dey chop? (3). 30yrs as an astronaut + 40yrs when u go reach there + another 40yrs to come back = 110yrs. U are already a dead astronaut. R.I.P guys, me no get long troat
With your smartness you never thought that humans can develop a machine that can move faster than the speed of light ? Yes, there is something faster than light.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by belicov(m): 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
[quote author=]

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/huge-alien-planet-is--made-of-diamonds---say-scientists.html[/quote]its quiet somtin to behold well some say heaven iz near odas might see it as an avenue to reach out but ae tell yu let dii sleepin dog lie
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by mejai(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
Dat is 2 say dat our primary sch syllabus don change be dat. Ok nah....brain updatin 2 10 planets
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by donigspain(m): 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
Billyonaire just dey form naija version of astro-kid...gringringrin
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
ceejay80s: Waste of time!! (1).If una reach there una wan tow am to earth? Una go need lasma to help (2). If una reach there na diamond un go dey chop? (3). 30yrs as an astronaut + 40yrs when u go reach there + another 40yrs to come back = 110yrs. U are already a dead astronaut. R.I.P guys, me no get long troat
LWKM!
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
Billyonaire: With your smartness you never thought that humans can develop a machine that can move faster than the speed of light ? Yes, there is something faster than light.
What z dat? Pls share with me
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by ceejay80s(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2012
Billyonaire: With your smartness you never thought that humans can develop a machine that can move faster than the speed of light ? Yes, there is something faster than light.
na so u smart reach? guy , u watch too much science fiction movies, u think say anybody go invent teleporting machine? Continue watching DOCTOR WHO. no go continue with ur baranda business to see chop money, sidon there dey wait 4 diamond planet

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2012
SamjohnnyB:
What z dat? Pls share with me
Its the supra-speed of the dark energy around the black hole. It can suck our entire solar system into the unknown in micromilliseconds. I feel it can pull the human soul and infuse it into ether. Its scary for one to even attempt solar travel there. Its very mysterious for now, research is ongoing. The science of it, is ongoing.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by joshuaidibia(m): 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2012
Billyonaire: No one goes there mam. Its rotating and revolving too fast. Remember its 2 times the diameter of Earth so 18hrs revolution cant be handled, even her size will generate 2 times earth's gravity. Its a deadly combo.
ARE U A GEOLOGIST OR A PHYSICIST??
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
ceejay80s: na so u smart reach? guy , u watch too much science fiction movies, u think say anybody go invent teleporting machine? Continue watching DOCTOR WHO. no go continue with ur baranda business to see chop money, sidon there dey wait 4 diamond planet
I cant remember the last time I watched movies, I consider it a waste of the few years I have on my human body. Research is where I belong and seriously, its the reason I am. Talking about money, I am very much comfortable. I still have 50 Naira in my account, I should be okay till tomorrow.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
Teleportation Machine. Culd go 200million K/M in 1second. Watch out for that Machine!
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2012
joshua idibia: ARE U A GEOLOGIST OR A PHYSICIST??
That's very limiting. I try to juggle many fields. From politics to science, Cosmology, Mysticism, Advanced Physics, yes I love physics and Industrial Chemistry.
Re: Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) by donigspain(m): 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2012
Oga billy, I'll like to know that 'something' which travels faster than light (approximately 186,000 miles per second) at CONSTANT velocity over an appreciable period of time e.g 10years minimum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Lunar Eclipse. Did You Experience It??? / Woman Flees Her House In The Middle Of the Night After Finding A Python / Meet Hackerfemo Femi Owolade-Coombs - A White Kid With Nigerian Name That Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.