Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? (10332 Views)

Tips on How To Tame a womanizer / How To Tame And Dominate Your Wife Or Girlfriend. / How To Tame A Cheating Wife / Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by roymary: 4:22am On Oct 14, 2012
@OP You can't tame me. grin
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by lukkie(m): 4:47am On Oct 14, 2012
I'm sorry but you can't change him, unless you want to overlook that part of him. Though I don't know him personally but people like that will only pretend to change so he doesn't lose you, then continue in his ways after marrying you and has nothing to lose again.

Someone like that will only change if he becomes broke, and like someone said above, when all friends are gone. Trust me, I have a brother-in-law like that. He's as gentle as a lily now. Funny enough, his wife prefers the way he is now sha.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Tos87(m): 6:34am On Oct 14, 2012
Jethroland1: How can one open a thread on nairaland?? Please help.
Write an application leTter with your CV ãпԃ two passport attached Ţ☹•◦ it Ţ☹•◦ ЂΞ thread intended. Hope this answers your question.Inbox ϻё if any help arises.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 14, 2012
I'm sorry to say this, but your friend is a classic BIPOLAR (most likely Type I) sad. Do not attempt to TAME him or you may find yourself in a predicament. Encourage him to seek professional help so that he can become stable.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by tellwisdom: 7:26am On Oct 14, 2012
Sheby u don leave am…wetin u wan change the man for again angry angry……..Aby ur eyes dey em money ni?? angry angry
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by shegsrules(m): 8:26am On Oct 14, 2012
A matured lady u are having ur man at heart especially d financial aspects unlike most who just jump in cus of long throat due to d little cash he do flash. Talk sense to him I bliv he wld listen
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:48am On Oct 14, 2012
Tos87:
Write an application leTter with your CV ãпԃ two passport attached Ţ☹•◦ it Ţ☹•◦ ЂΞ thread intended. Hope this answers your question.Inbox ϻё if any help arises.

guy u wicked o . grin grin
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2012
virgin_vampire: you cannot tame "a non-existence,fictional,figment of ur imagination extravagant man"

grin
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by ixora3(f): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2012
@poster...I have come to understand that you cannot change such person..the change has 2 cum frm within..I work in a 1 of the highest paying bank before now I was finding it hard 2 save 20k@ the end of the month..I was either changing fones..clubbing,living an expensive lyf..I earn over 250k monthly..sumtin happend in my offiz and a senior collegue was sacked..2 levels above me and a month later the guy asked me 2 borrow him 2k..this was a big boi.a guy that was spending like 150k evry friday in a club..after then I decided 2 change..the change came frm within I saved 150k monthly 4 three months..I still leave comfortable..BOTTOM line U CANT CHANGE THAT GUY..Let him learn the hard way..frm ur comments u have tried 2 help the guy..get a man who wud respect and luv u 4 ur person and also ur opinions.U sure wud get 1
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Bunchersstab(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Impress me ni? Lol, you just cracked me up! Sorry, extravagance doesn't impress me!
talk d truth na me and u dey here shebi u
Dey enjoy him parole ni?
Abi wetin u dey miss wey wan carry u go bake?
Abeg Leave fam 4 who want EXTRAVAGaNCES.
Ejo ni
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by omalicha2: 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2012
My dear dont ever think u can change a man. Its easier 4 a man to change a woman than a woman trying to change a man. U will kip on quarelling. Just talking 4rom xperience
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by alex406(m): 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2012
vivian chinaza: Hi guys, ok I met this guy sometime ago, he is a nice guy tho not perfect. I wasn't in love with him anyway but I just decided to get close to him and see if the love could develop.

When I got closer to him I found out he is an extravagant spender, he just jumps into things without planning them. He can begin 5 projects at a time without a proper strategy/planning and some of the money he uses for these project are bank loans. This aspect of his lifestyle did not go down with me. I kept talking but at the end of the day he will do what pleases him.

The one that broke the camel's back was when he bought a flashy car while he was yet to complete his buildings at the village and city respectively, he bought the car and made a commitment of over 1m just for tourism/travelling around and staying in 5 star hotels.
I just knew that moment he wasn't for me, this guy really loves me but I'm a careful spender and I love planning things before I do them. So I told him to stop coming cos it won't work out between us. And I moved on and even forgot he existed.

Today he called me probably to find out how I'm managing the flood situation, we got talking and somehow we ended up talking about what happened between us. From his voice I could sense his love and desire for me,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,

How do I deal with this aspect of his life? Can I tame him? Is it really possible? Not that it will guarantee any relationship cos I'm yet to developed feelings for him. But I just wanna try, take this baby step and maybe reconsider.......they say love grows right?

Mature advise pls........

my dear nobody is perfect in everything. You might be the one God sent to him to make him learn some certain things in life. So i advice you get close to him and make him understand the risk involved in careless spendin cus no one knows tomorrow.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by Ama28(f): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2012
My dear my advice is this, don't expect him to change because he won't. Its not just a habit dear, its a lifestyle. If you go into a marriage expecting to change your partner, you will only get heartbreaks. The hard truth is, ask yourself if you can really live with his extravagance and excesses, if u won't please don't compromise. In marriage decisions, you put urself first because its all about your happiness and might as well be your cross.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by mystikal(m): 1:43am On Oct 15, 2012
@ poster
Boron and Pro01 seem to be the two people echoing my view and I am only basing my opinion on the assumption that the guy is spending the money he earns. i.e he has a source of income
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by kpolli(m): 2:39am On Oct 15, 2012
What do u gain by supplying fake stories?
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by originbm: 12:38am On Aug 10, 2013
vivianc: Hi guys, ok I met this guy sometime ago, he is a nice guy tho not perfect. I wasn't in love with him anyway but I just decided to get close to him and see if the love could develop.

When I got closer to him I found out he is an extravagant spender, he just jumps into things without planning them. He can begin 5 projects at a time without a proper strategy/planning and some of the money he uses for these project are bank loans. This aspect of his lifestyle did not go down with me. I kept talking but at the end of the day he will do what pleases him.

The one that broke the camel's back was when he bought a flashy car while he was yet to complete his buildings at the village and city respectively, he bought the car and made a commitment of over 1m just for tourism/travelling around and staying in 5 star hotels.
I just knew that moment he wasn't for me, this guy really loves me but I'm a careful spender and I love planning things before I do them. So I told him to stop coming cos it won't work out between us. And I moved on and even forgot he existed.

Today he called me probably to find out how I'm managing the flood situation, we got talking and somehow we ended up talking about what happened between us. From his voice I could sense his love and desire for me,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,

How do I deal with this aspect of his life? Can I tame him? Is it really possible? Not that it will guarantee any relationship cos I'm yet to developed feelings for him. But I just wanna try, take this baby step and maybe reconsider.......they say love grows right?

I think there are four issues here:
1. Is it that the amount of money spent is too much in relation to what u think he has
2.or is it that he didnt consult u
3.or is it that he disregarded ur concerns.
4.Or is it that u think the things he bought undeserving of the expense

I would hv been able to proffer a more effe tive advice if i knew which one of the underlined issues is of the utmost concern to u.

But from the back of my wrist,i think he would take to ur opinions more if he learns to respect your intelligence.many things make a man behave the way he does and there are never any simple answers to the question of human behaviour.the first thing is to thoroughly understand his point of view.then weigh them,and try to point out a better way without being too intrusive since u r still getting to know each other.remember he might always argue within himself that his way of life has always worked for him before he met u so y change it?
I think its more important that u notice the way he treats ur fears.to hv gone as far as he has obviously gone,he has to be smart.
If he can listen and identify with ur fears then he is open to learn.but if not then its left for u to decide whether u r willing to take the risk...

n.b:Some men actually change and become more parsimonious when presented with the responsibility of family...but its still a gamble.

U r actually a very intelligent girl for u to be worried by an issue like this.ur worry is very very valid.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by originbm: 12:39am On Aug 10, 2013
vivianc: Hi guys, ok I met this guy sometime ago, he is a nice guy tho not perfect. I wasn't in love with him anyway but I just decided to get close to him and see if the love could develop.

I think there are four issues here:
1. Is it that the amount of money spent is too much in relation to what u think he has
2.or is it that he didnt consult u
3.or is it that he disregarded ur concerns.
4.Or is it that u think the things he bought undeserving of the expense

I would hv been able to proffer a more effe tive advice if i knew which one of the underlined issues is of the utmost concern to u.

But from the back of my wrist,i think he would take to ur opinions more if he learns to respect your intelligence.many things make a man behave the way he does and there are never any simple answers to the question of human behaviour.the first thing is to thoroughly understand his point of view.then weigh them,and try to point out a better way without being too intrusive since u r still getting to know each other.remember he might always argue within himself that his way of life has always worked for him before he met u so y change it?
I think its more important that u notice the way he treats ur fears.to hv gone as far as he has obviously gone,he has to be smart.
If he can listen and identify with ur fears then he is open to learn.but if not then its left for u to decide whether u r willing to take the risk...

n.b:Some men actually change and become more parsimonious when presented with the responsibility of family...but its still a gamble.

U r actually a very intelligent girl for u to be worried by an issue like this.ur worry is very very valid.
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by eazysally: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2013
RIP vivianc. We will all miss u but ur works will always remain in our heart.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by BCJAY(f): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
Sunset at dawn.

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by freda506(f): 7:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
R.I.P!

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by asalimpo(m): 9:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
BCJAY: Sunset at dawn.
is the poster late?
Seeing some R.I.Ps?
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by BCJAY(f): 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
asalimpo:
is the poster late?
Seeing some R.I.Ps?
YES SHE DIED LAST YEAR
Re: Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? by olac21(m): 11:47am On Apr 20, 2016
[quote author=BCJAY post=26392398] YES SHE DIED LAST YEAR

Sorry woman,is she really dead?what was the cause of her death ma?ahah oh God of Nazareth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drop the Lyrics To A Song And Let Someone Tell You The Title / What This Two Ladies Wore To A Night Club Will Make you Drool (18+photos) / Girls Using Dog For Self Service Is Getting Rampant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.