Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,487 members, 7,781,459 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:47 PM

The Walking Dead Season 3 - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Walking Dead Season 3 (26397 Views)

THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 / Iris Season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Glenn was a warrior in that episode. The fight scene in that interrogation room was one of the best scenes of this season so far.

yes o...but not just the fight scene, also the way he didnt 'break' when beaten...and the headbutt that broke merle's nose.....lol...hes no longer an errand boi to me... shocked cheesy
if i were to be him, i would hav given up the location tey tey grin

PhysicsQED:
Yeah Merle is a tough bastard. The governor, Shane (who's now dead and gone) and Rick are probably the only other characters in the show that would be tough enough to take him out. That's why I think that either the governor or Rick will end up killing Merle. But you're probably right that they won't have him killed off easily - they'll at least want to keep him around through the end of this season, since he's such a popular character.

I think the creepy fake scientist will die at the end this season, when the entire season concludes in its entirety next year, or around the beginning of the fourth season. I think they'll probably want to keep him around for a while in order to keep the mad scientist vibe running. That mad scientist idea is a source of potential plot twists and surprises - what if he discovers something about zombie behavior that no one else has uncovered so far, and finds a way to use them as weapons? To have that guy operating a small zombie army for a brief while before he's killed could be interesting. We also know from a scene in a previous episode that he's already developed a kind of jacket or light armor that is completely resistant to zombie bites. Who knows what other tricks they could have his character come up with?

ur right lol...he does have a few mad scientist tricks up his sleeves grin....he can live....for now tho......i dont think the guv luks hardcore enof to take down merle....maybe its his looks, but he strikes me as a wannabe paramilitary / politician...maybe they would have used another character for the role...well the show has a way of suprising us..... undecided
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PhysicsQED(m): 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:

ur right lol...he does have a few mad scientist tricks up his sleeves grin....he can live....for now tho......i dont think the guv luks hardcore enof to take down merle....maybe its his looks, but he strikes me as a wannabe paramilitary / politician...maybe they would have used another character for the role...well the show has a way of suprising us..... undecided

The governor strikes me as an ambitious psychopath who is ruthlessly exploiting his position in order to enjoy women and amass as much power as possible in the midst of the chaos around him. Also, he collects and stores the severed heads of those he has killed as if he were some kind of warlord from ancient times - he even meant for Merle to bring back Michonne's head. He comes off as being more sinister than Merle to me, and in a few of their interactions you can tell that Merle seems to be a little scared of him (or maybe that's just what it looks like to me). But even if Merle doesn't fear what the governor is capable of, he at least respects him and this is obvious from Merle's expression whenever he's around the governor.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
PhysicsQED:

The governor strikes me as an ambitious psychopath who is ruthlessly exploiting his position in order to enjoy women and amass as much power as possible in the midst of the chaos around him. Also, he collects and stores the severed heads of those he has killed as if he were some kind of warlord from ancient times - he even meant for Merle to bring back Michonne's head. He comes off as being more sinister than Merle to me, and in a few of their interactions you can tell that Merle seems to be a little scared of him (or maybe that's just what it looks like to me). But even if Merle doesn't fear what the governor is capable of, he at least respects him and this is obvious from Merle's expression whenever he's around the governor.

yea merle is scared...no doubt
i would have really love to see how the guv survived the apocalypse....the struggle he went through and all that, but he just popped out of nowhere undecided
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PhysicsQED(m): 5:53am On Nov 30, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:

i would have really love to see how the guv survived the apocalypse....the struggle he went through and all that, but he just popped out of nowhere undecided

Same here. I would also have loved to see that, but I think they wanted to have some more leeway as to what his character's past is and what his motivations are so they didn't want to give him a fixed back-story. But I do think that they'll at least reveal how his daughter got turned into a walker. Maybe not immediately, but at least before his character leaves or dies.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 2:33am On Dec 03, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Same here. I would also have loved to see that, but I think they wanted to have some more leeway as to what his character's past is and what his motivations are so they didn't want to give him a fixed back-story. But I do think that they'll at least reveal how his daughter got turned into a walker. Maybe not immediately, but at least before his character leaves or dies.

yea...i hope they do....a lot of unanswered questions...like how did the virus originate...how it spread...the guvs history...etc..and whers the goddam US president grin grin they always survive such....? etc...a nice flashback later on would be awesome
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by burkutu: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2012
e8.....finally a cool black chick is part of the show.wished she wasnt hitched to the bearded brother.looking forward to new episodes next year
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by kkkossy(m): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2012
Seriously episode 8 is the bomb! Now the show is back on the road.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2012
burkutu: e8.....finally a cool black chick is part of the show.wished she wasnt hitched to the bearded brother.looking forward to new episodes next year
kkkossy: Seriously episode 8 is the bomb! Now the show is back on the road.

awesome episode indeed...a lot went down...and a lot is about to go down...all well....we just have about 2 months to wait cry cry cry cry cry
i like the new black chick @ d prison...shes HOT and pretty...merle deserves everything coming to him....tho i still know he wont die just yet
the show is most def back on d road....
ricks boy is really grown up....he now thinks well
i always saw the guv as a sisi angry ....and i was right...he is such a weak man...
all well.... cry cry cry cry
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by kkkossy(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
I hope dis season is not the final season. If it is then it's fcked because new characters can still be introduced to the show. Do u guys still remember the first black guy rick met in season one, when he left the hospital? I was hoping to see him and his son again.

1 Like

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
dats true oh...i remember that dude....who knows what's up with them...i think they were heading somewhere...i don't see this series ending any soon smiley
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by VillageBoi(m): 6:31am On Dec 04, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:
dats true oh...i remember that dude....who knows what's up with them...i think they were heading somewhere...i don't see this series ending any soon smiley

Exactly, I don't see this as being the last season... far from it. It is a huge hit in the US they won't kill it off soon. Probably 2 more seasons at least as there are a lot of questions yet to be answered.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 8:21am On Dec 05, 2012
VillageBoi:

Exactly, I don't see this as being the last season... far from it. It is a huge hit in the US they won't kill it off soon. Probably 2 more seasons at least as there are a lot of questions yet to be answered.

Yea ur right...a lot of qs....d qs sef dey gimme sleepless nightss grin
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PhysicsQED(m): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2012
Now the mid-season finale was really great. And my prediction about the governor killing Merle was half-right: he is at least going to try and have Merle killed, although I don't think he will succeed, even in a situation that looks like Merle and Darryl are cornered. I think the two of them are going to make a quick dash towards the crowd of angry onlookers before the governor's henchmen can get their guns up and in position to fire, knowing that the people in the crowd would be too scared to fight them or attack them, and knowing that the governor can't shoot them if they are in the crowd of bystanders. From there the two of them will probably make some kind of mad sprint into the zombie infested wilderness to try and escape.

But my explanation for why the governor would want to have Merle killed was completely right. The creator of the Walking Dead comic, Robert Kirkman, who wrote the mid-season finale, basically gave the exact same reasons I did for why the governor would want to have Merle killed when he appeared on the "Talking Dead" interview show. However, the additional thing Kirkman pointed out was that in failing to kill Michonne, Merle not only failed, but failed in a way that let Michonne know that the governor had sent Merle and some goons there to kill her - and that's the reason that she went to the governor's room to wait for him so she could kill him. If Merle had failed to kill her without being detected (not that that was really possible though, Michonne is too alert) and had just told the truth, the governor's daughter would still be walking around, the governor would have his eye still, and Merle would be just fine.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PhysicsQED(m): 11:40am On Dec 09, 2012
burkutu: e8.....finally a cool black chick is part of the show.wished she wasnt hitched to the bearded brother.looking forward to new episodes next year

Michonne is THE cool black chick on the show. She's a total badass. This new girl doesn't really compare so far.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PhysicsQED(m): 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2012
The governor told Andrea that he collects and stores the heads so that he can look at them to prepare for the horrors of the outside world. But he was so disappointed when Merle told him in an earlier episode that he had killed Michonne but had failed to get her head that I still think it's more likely that the governor was keeping the heads as some kind of trophies or as a visual record of his kill count. He could have been telling Andrea the truth about the heads, but I don't think that's very likely.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 2:30am On Dec 10, 2012
I believe evrythn he told andrea is false.....he collects those heads cus he's A psycho....he doesn't need anythn to prepare him for d So called horror cus I'm sure he is past that stage...
The guy was rilly pissd off wid merle sha...its gud they both fell out...cuz d combo was deadly..ur right bout ur predictions sha...lol....I suspect u read d comic book series? Confess now...hehe
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 2:31am On Dec 10, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Michonne is THE cool black chick on the show. She's a total badass. This new girl doesn't really compare so far.

The new girl is so damn pretty...ebony chicks anytime
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PhysicsQED(m): 10:39am On Dec 10, 2012
No, I don't read the comics. I glanced through one of the comics in a store once, but I've never even read a full episode. I honestly prefer watching the TV and movie adaptations of comics, graphic novels or manga to actually reading them (except for a few series like Asterix and Tintin).

Another good thing about this show is that according to Kirkman, and according to the host of the "Talking Dead" interview show, the TV show actually diverges in some significant ways from the comic in terms of plot and characters - for example, the characters Merle and Darryl (who are the favorite characters of a lot of viewers) aren't actually in the comics but they're in the TV show. So even the readers of the comics wouldn't know exactly what is going to happen next.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2012
PhysicsQED: No, I don't read the comics. I glanced through one of the comics in a store once, but I've never even read a full episode. I honestly prefer watching the TV and movie adaptations of comics, graphic novels or manga to actually reading them.

Another good thing about this show is that according to Kirkman, and according to the host of the "Talking Dead" interview show, the TV show actually diverges in some significant ways from the comic in terms of plot and characters - for example, the characters Merle and Darryl (who are the favorite characters of a lot of viewers) aren't actually in the comics but they're in the TV show. So even the readers of the comics wouldn't know exactly what is going to happen next.

nice concept...the show is just too good....i downloaded d comic a while ago (season 1)...had to stop reading it...didnt want spoilers grin...tho i noticed some variations between the tv series and the comic...awesome all the same
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 16, 2012
We have to wait till February 2013 to continue with the show.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
babaearly: We have to wait till February 2013 to continue with the show.

Yea....dats like a year wait...literaly
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:

Yea....dats like a year wait...literaly

cool down bro, your body dey hot. thats just two months away
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by VillageBoi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2012
babaearly:

Lol. The show hot so body must hot... the wait be like 2 years sef!
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
VillageBoi:

Lol. The show hot so body must hot... the wait be like 2 years sef!
babaearly:

2 months in the eyes of the producer is like 2 years in the eyes of the viewer sad
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by Jamesdawn: 6:59am On Dec 18, 2012
The walking Dead Season 3 is best season of this TV Show. I have watched all Seasons of this Show.
Season 3 of this show is currently running and i like it .
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 1:13am On Jan 10, 2013
so this peepo no wan pity persin angry angry
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by VillageBoi(m): 5:16am On Jan 10, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:
so this peepo no wan pity persin angry angry

Lol, they no send.
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 7:19am On Jan 10, 2013
VillageBoi:

Lol, they no send.

nna na wa o...in short i no watch again angry grin lmao
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by VillageBoi(m): 9:08am On Jan 10, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:

nna na wa o...in short i no watch again angry grin lmao

Infact me sef no boycotttt ... must watch am lol
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2013
[size=13pt]Following...[/size]
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
VillageBoi:

Infact me sef no boycotttt ... must watch am lol

lool join me na cheesy
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 by PrinceNN(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Following...[/size]
what episode and season are you in?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Rivers State Government Asks For Support For Marvis (Photo) / Tayo Faniran Respected Fiancee While On BBA, Why Can't Thin Tall Tony Do Same? / What's The Most Ridiculously Titled Movie You've Ever Watched?? Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.