Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast (23025 Views)

Hatefull & Funny Comments By South-africans After Nigeria's Loss To Congo / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Wizeboy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2012

Senegalese football fans throw rocks at the police at Leopold Sedar Senghor stadium in Dakar October 13, 2012. Home fans started the riot when the match was 15 minutes from the end and visiting Cote d'Ivoire were 2-0 ahead, which meant Senegal would be eliminated following their first-leg 4-2 loss unless miracle happened in the last moments. (Xinhua/Reuters Photo)

DAKAR, Oct. 13 (Xinhua) -- An Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match between Senegal and Cote d'Ivoire was cancelled Saturday after home fans set fire and threw debris in the stadium.

Home fans started the riot when the match was 15 minutes from the end and visiting Cote d'Ivoire were 2-0 ahead, which meant Senegal would be eliminated following their first-leg 4-2 loss unless miracle happened in the last moments.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/sports/2012-10/14/c_131904803.htm

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Wizeboy(m): 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
Some more pics:

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Wizeboy(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
OFFICIAL: Senegal v Ivory Coast match stopped after 76 minutes with Elephants leading 2-0, and then officially abandoned due to crowd trouble.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Wizeboy(m): 10:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
Stadium is empty, Ivory Coast fans have been allowed on to the pitch to protect them for the Senegal fans that went berserk hurling missile on to the pitch, bad images in football!!
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Wizeboy(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
Police are using teargas to chase the troublesome fans. What a bad image for Senegal football.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Wizeboy(m): 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2012
Its time CAF should wake up to their responsibility by introducing a stiffer punishment on violence in Football in Africa. This does not certainly promote Africa football but rather putting it on a bad light in the world.

When would football violence stop in Africa, when are we going to know that its just an ordinary sport and not DO OR DIE.

Africa football which way

1 Like

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by stagger: 11:33pm On Oct 13, 2012
Cote D'Ivoire was leading 2-0 with two second half goals from Didier Drogba. Meanwhile, Morocco just hammered Mozambique 4-0. Hmm, if Nigeria had drawn Morocco with what I saw them playing, we would have been in real soup.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Godysien(m): 12:57am On Oct 14, 2012
Mod, front page please
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by adigunomomama(m): 1:05am On Oct 14, 2012
Wizeboy: Its time CAF should wake up to their responsibility by introducing a stiffer punishment on violence in Football in Africa. This does not certainly promote Africa football but rather putting it on a bad light in the world.

When would football violence stop in Africa, when are we going to know that its just an ordinary sport and not DO OR DIE.

Africa football which way

I knew this gonna happen when i heard abt tha new style of qualification i.e play-off, this happen everywhere even in europe cos its sad to xee your team loosing at home, i can remeber the algiers and the Egyptians world cup play-off which ΨåS̤̈̊ brutally and shift to Sudan.......i hope football don't cause world war.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by bumps(m): 3:11am On Oct 14, 2012
Yes it happens anywhere/everywhere around the world not just in africa.talking about fanatical fans,some can go to any length just to express their feelings.i think sanction/ban can curb this ugly tin(hooliganism) that is treathning the beautiful round leather game.caf will definitly sanction senegal

2 Likes

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by semid4lyfe(m): 4:42am On Oct 14, 2012
Now that third pics of the Ivory Coast players ducking for their life in that container is funny grin

I never expected Senegal to recover from the 2 goals deficit but CAF sef. . .what were they thinking drawing Senegal and Ivory Coast together?

It's sad that Senegal with their quality would miss out of the Nations cup and they could miss out of the 2015 Nations cup too if CAF wields the big hammer with severity undecided

2 Likes

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by chelseabmw(m): 4:55am On Oct 14, 2012
na wah ooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Ranoscky(m): 5:04am On Oct 14, 2012
No be small thing o!
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by onila(f): 5:09am On Oct 14, 2012
y them dey vex. .ivory coast is better than them by far

where they expecting 2 win?

4 Likes

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by kawkab: 5:13am On Oct 14, 2012
Even look at the poor state of the Leopold Sedar senghor Standium which is supposed to be their national stadium, No plastic seat on it just concrete slab.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by EgwuEnene(m): 5:15am On Oct 14, 2012
Y not easily acpt dt u av bin defeatd.......I suggest AFCON should gv al d point n credit 2 Ivory Coast,dy deserv d win.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by dridowu: 5:48am On Oct 14, 2012
Do or die football

1 Like

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by White007(m): 6:11am On Oct 14, 2012
This is very disgraceful to African football image. Caf has to sanction them severely to avoid a reoccurrence.

1 Like

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:22am On Oct 14, 2012
D Senegal football fans should just accept their fates. Some years back, d senegal team was highly regarded because of their performances and none of d teams they defeated cried about it. It's their own time to embrace d spirit of sportmanship just lyk d oda teams they defeated did. ONLY D BETTER TEAM WINS!

2 Likes

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by dramenda(f): 6:24am On Oct 14, 2012
they are not different from people from the northern part of our country.#VIOLENCE.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by dayokanu(m): 6:28am On Oct 14, 2012
Wetin Demba Ba and Pappis Cisse dey look
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Ensco: 6:29am On Oct 14, 2012
Dis thing is not good
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Biggyd2: 6:29am On Oct 14, 2012
Hope arrests were made. After this their government will be left to clean after them. What were they thinking!
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by klas(m): 6:30am On Oct 14, 2012
semid4lyfe: Now that third pics of the Ivory Coast players ducking for their life in that container is funny grin

I never expected Senegal to recover from the 2 goals deficit but CAF sef. . .what were they thinking drawing Senegal and Ivory Coast together?

It's sad that Senegal with their quality would miss out of the Nations cup and they could miss out of the 2015 Nations cup too if CAF wields the big hammer with severity undecided

Lol at container. That is the entrance porch to the dressing room not a container.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by semid4lyfe(m): 6:30am On Oct 14, 2012
dayokanu: Wetin Demba Ba and Pappis Cisse dey look

Wetin you want make them do? undecided

1 Like

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by dayokanu(m): 6:31am On Oct 14, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Wetin you want make them do? undecided

Do the thing wey dem dey do for EPL every weekend
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by onyekabe(m): 6:35am On Oct 14, 2012
adigunomomama:

I knew this gonna happen when i heard abt tha new style of qualification i.e play-off, this happen everywhere even in europe cos its sad to xee your team loosing at home, i can remeber the algiers and the Egyptians world cup play-off which ΨåS̤̈̊ brutally and shift to Sudan.......i hope football don't cause world war.
It can only happen in Islamic countries like you mention above
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by semid4lyfe(m): 6:36am On Oct 14, 2012
dayokanu:

Do the thing wey dem dey do for EPL every weekend

Please, enlighten me cos I no know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Connor Mcgregor Racked Up $180M In 2021, More Than Messi, Ronaldo, Or Lebron / Victor Moses Ready For Super Eagles Return / BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.