Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,577 members, 7,801,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place (27725 Views)

In Need Of Phone / old post / Sell And Buy Of Phone... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 4:04am On Oct 14, 2012
If u need advice on the kind of phone or laptop to buy, just give me ur budget and i ll give u options of the kind of phones u can get with specifications. I also do reviews too but in application to the nigerian context(features useable in Nigeria). Thanks y'all!

3 Likes

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by anasey(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2012
What Type of Laptop do you think is best for Networking?

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
anasey: What Type of Laptop do you think is best for Networking?
I am a student of networking and i use a compaq cq60. And also dell latitude laptops are also good for networking too
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Jummymine(f): 6:33am On Oct 18, 2012
I need a tablet to be using to browse n reading e books and i dont have money to buy ipad do you think i should buy samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0" will i be able to read pdf
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 10:10am On Oct 18, 2012
Jummy mine: I need a tablet to be using to browse n reading e books and i dont have money to buy ipad do you think i should buy samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0" will i be able to read pdf
yes! you can view PDF documents. It has quickoffice document viewer and editor.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gadgetmobil(m): 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
Jummy mine: I need a tablet to be using to browse n reading e books and i dont have money to buy ipad do you think i should buy samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0" will i be able to read pdf
Yes you can get a Blackberry playbook for only 33k.It can view all those n pair w ur BB making ui sepnd zero naira on data.
Call 07036814644
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by size38: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
I want to buy HTC HD 7 windows phone. How good is it?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
size38: I want to buy HTC HD 7 windows phone. How good is it?
Its a good phone but it has plenty limitations.. the number one limitation is that it has only 8gb internal memory without an option of expansion with a memory card
2. These are windows mobile specific limitation or draw backs..
* No system-wide file manager
No Bluetooth file transfers
No USB mass storage mode
Limited third-party apps availability
No Flash (nor Silverlight) support in
the browser
Too dependent on Zune software for
file management and syncing
No video calls
New ringtones available only through
the Marketplace (fixed in Mango)
Music player lacks equalizer presets
No multitasking (fixed in Mango)
No copy/paste (fixed in NoDo)
No DivX/XviD video support (automatic
transcoding provided by Zune
software)
No sign of free Bing maps Navigation
so far (fixed in Mango)
No internet tethering support (fixed
in Mango)
No handwriting recognition support

How much do u have to buy a phone? i might b able to suggest another option for you.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
Gadgetmobil:
Yes you can get a Blackberry playbook for only 33k.It can view all those n pair w ur BB making ui sepnd zero naira on data.
Call 07036814644

Are u serious that a blackberry playbook can pair with your bb and utilize zero naira on data apart from ur bb subscription?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
okpara ugo:

Are u serious that a blackberry playbook can pair with your bb and utilize zero naira on data apart from ur bb subscription?
yes! its called blackberry bridge.

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by dskenky(m): 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
sssup? Nice work you're doin with dis thread bro. Need your opinion though..Which HTC smartphone can you recommend for me to purchase? Kindly reply asap.
Have a great day.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
dskenky: sssup? Nice work you're doin with dis thread bro. Need your opinion though..Which HTC smartphone can you recommend for me to purchase? Kindly reply asap.
Have a great day.
Really, its the amount u re willing to buy a phone with that will determine the options i can give you. nevertheless
i ll recommend some phones for you.

A. HTC SENSATION
It has the following functions
1.Screen resolution: 540 x 960 pixels
2.Screen size: 4.3 inches
3.Internal memory: 1 GB storage
4.RAM: 768 MB RAM
5.CONNECTIVITY: HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
6.WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi
hotspot
7.BLUETOOTH: v3.0 with A2DP
8.CAMERA: Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus,
dual-LED flash,
9.CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz Scorpion
10.GPU Adreno 220
price: around 86k
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by pauladonis(m): 2:30am On Oct 31, 2012
hey, wad up, I use hp notebook and I am not satisfied with the graphics, I am into photo editing, corel draw and autocad. . . I also do a lot of gaming cuz I love games. which kind of laptop has very high graphic content, with high memory and ram capacity. my budget is 80k.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2012
pauladonis: hey, wad up, I use hp notebook and I am not satisfied with the graphics, I am into photo editing, corel draw and autocad. . . I also do a lot of gaming cuz I love games. which kind of laptop has very high graphic content, with high memory and ram capacity. my budget is 80k.
for a laptop in the range of 80k
i ll suggest
1.dell inspiron N5040 -
RAM- 4GB
Processor-Intel Core i3 380M Processor @
2.53GHz
Hard disk size - 500gb
gpu- hp integrated HD graphics 3000
price: around 86 000

2.hp 2000-350us
processor: Pentium 2.1 GHz
Installed Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 500 GB
gpu- hp integrated HD graphics 3000
price-around 79k

All these laptops i ve prescribed are pretty decent laptops for your price range. but if u want a very graphics capable laptop u shud look for laptops that have standalone gpu such as ATI RADEON & NVIDIA graphics cards. you will see the inscriptions on the laptop. but they are kinda xpensive sha.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by purplespecimen: 5:18am On Nov 01, 2012
Pls advise, samsung galaxy S3 or samsung galaxy note 2, wch shld i buy?. Just wanna Hǎ̜̣̍ve̶̲̥̅̊ a smart device.
Also the galaxy note 2, 5.5" or 10.1"?
I want something that would Hǎ̜̣̍ve̶̲̥̅̊ G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ resale value when i decide to sell it off.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2012
purplespecimen: Pls advise, samsung galaxy S3 or samsung galaxy note 2, wch shld i buy?. Just wanna Hǎ̜̣̍ve̶̲̥̅̊ a smart device.
Also the galaxy note 2, 5.5" or 10.1"?
I want something that would Hǎ̜̣̍ve̶̲̥̅̊ G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ resale value when i decide to sell it off.
Thanks
Based on what u ve said i take it that u can handle a large phone? Based on features, basically on RAM and CPU. I will advice you to go for note II. The note II has 2 gb of ram and it has extra 200mhz more on each cpu core than galaxy s3.
And for your second question nigerian pple value size not the features in it. So u ll b beta of buying the note 10.1.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by purplespecimen: 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
Thanks for your reply. Got the note II today and its blown my mind. thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Jutheone: 8:02am On Nov 02, 2012
Pls wats d ram memory of d new Techno T1?
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2012
Jutheone: Pls wats d ram memory of d new Techno T1?
Its about 200.7 mb. its actually 256 mb but 200.7mb is user available
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Kslib(m): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
The nigerian price for dell inspiron 14z core i3... How to know if it's brand new or refurbished..
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by pauladonis(m): 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
um, there is this dell laptop that comes with 1terabyte hard disk, and has quad-core processor. wanna know more about it. and also, can I overclock the speed of my Tecno T1 processor, and to what speed. thanks
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Promxy94(m): 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
hello pls i love d job u r doing here,pls i want a phone that can save ebooks,browse properly,and i also need to ping,am afta Lg lg,but its cant ping,and i want to buy a uk used tourch of price range 28k,is just that i love tourchscreen phones.pls assit me
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by jibrael: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
hello mr u rily doin us gd. Pls ao much is d london used samsung galaxy s3
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 03, 2012
What's your opinion on the Samsung Galaxy Y? Give me your take also on the Pro and the Duos versions.

Where can I get the Y? And for how much?

Thanks
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 8:01am On Nov 03, 2012
pauladonis: um, there is this dell laptop that comes with 1terabyte hard disk, and has quad-core processor. wanna know more about it. and also, can I overclock the speed of my Tecno T1 processor, and to what speed. thanks
..I think u are .talking about the DELL INSPIRON 15R, here are the specs

i7-3632QM processor (6M Cache, up
to 3.2 GHz)

Windows® 7 Home Basic SP1 64bit
(English)
Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
(English)
Windows® 7 Professional SP1 64bit
(English)
Windows 8 Single Language, English
(64bit)
Windows 8, English (64bit)

2GB 1 DIMM (2GB x1) DDR3 1600Mhz
4GB 1 DIMM (4GB x1) DDR3 1600Mhz

Mobile Intel® 7 Series Express
Chipset (HM77)

AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M DDR3 1GB
Intel® HD Graphics 4000

15.6" HD WLED True-Life (1366x768)
- ICC

Stereo speakers with Waves
MaxxAudio® 3 processing
Built-in digital microphone

Up to 1000GB (1TB) SATA hard drive
(5400RPM)

Onboard tray-loading DVD+/-RW
(standard)

6-cell 48WHr Li-Ion Battery

Native HD 1.0MP webcam with digital
microphone

Dell Wireless 1704 802.11n +
Bluetooth 4.0
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 +
Bluetooth 4.0

Integrated Ethernet 10/100
Wireless
Externally Accessible
(3) USB 3.0 + (1) USB 3.0 PowerShare
RJ45 Ethernet
HDMI™ v1.4a
VGA
Headphone jack
Microphone jack
Kensington Security Lock
AC Power In
8-in 1 Multi-media Card Reader
For your second question, i don't knw if its overclockable but i can say that with its cpu architecture (arm v6) it shud b overclockable.
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2012
Kslib: The nigerian price for dell inspiron 14z core i3... How to know if it's brand new or refurbished..
its about 125k. You can tell if a dell laptop has been refurbished in the following ways;
a. it will have a red tag at the bottom saying its been refurbished.
b. at the bottom of the laptop there is usually a place they write 'void if torn'. if the label is torn, your laptop mayb refurbished.
c. if you receive a laptop in a sealed box and the laptop has small scratches and sign of wear on the keyboard, top bezel of the screen, nd loose usb ports (loose usb ports can also b a factory default).
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 11:19am On Nov 03, 2012
jibrael: hello mr u rily doin us gd. Pls ao much is d london used samsung galaxy s3
galaxy s3 16gb- about 45k
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Adebayolove(m): 11:51am On Nov 03, 2012
Please, can you recommed a 14.1 inch screen laptop with d following specs: 500GB HD, 4G RAM, AMD duo core (or intel duo core) proccesor, in-built bluetooth and finger print scanner. I prefer hp if available. Thanks
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
@Gbadebo, pls sir, could you help me out?

Ihedinobi: What's your opinion on the Samsung Galaxy Y? Give me your take also on the Pro and the Duos versions.

Where can I get the Y? And for how much?

Thanks
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2012
Adebayolove: Please, can you recommed a 14.1 inch screen laptop with d following specs: 500GB HD, 4G RAM, AMD duo core (or intel duo core) proccesor, in-built bluetooth and finger print scanner. I prefer hp if available. Thanks
i think u need a
HP PAV DM4-2191US WITH WEBCAM
AND FINGERPRINT,
Window 7 Home
premium,
Processor 2.40ghz
with turbo boost technology up to
3.00ghz,
4gb ram,
640gb hdd, (5400rpm),
webcam,
bluetooth,
fingerprint,
Beats audio with 2 speakers and
subwoofer, intel HD graphics,
5-in-1 card reader,Super multi DVD
RW,14" Hd brightview Led-backlit
display, HDMI,
Wireless with Widi,10/100/1000
gigabyte lan, 3.0 usb ports.
price: N130k
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Gbadebo01(m): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
Adebayolove: Please, can you recommed a 14.1 inch screen laptop with d following specs: 500GB HD, 4G RAM, AMD duo core (or intel duo core) proccesor, in-built bluetooth and finger print scanner. I prefer hp if available. Thanks
i think u need a
HP PAVILION DM4-2191US WITH WEBCAM
AND FINGERPRINT,
Window 7 Home
premium,
Processor 2.40ghz
with turbo boost technology up to
3.00ghz,
4gb ram,
640gb hdd, (5400rpm),
webcam,
bluetooth,
fingerprint,
Beats audio with 2 speakers and
subwoofer, intel HD graphics,
5-in-1 card reader,Super multi DVD
RW,14" Hd brightview Led-backlit
display, HDMI,
Wireless with Widi,10/100/1000
gigabyte lan, 3.0 usb ports.
price: N130k
Re: Need Advice On The Type Of Phone Or Laptop To Buy? Here's The Place by Kslib(m): 8:34am On Nov 04, 2012
I was offered a brand new dell inspiron 14z core i3,1Terabyte HDD,6gb of ram for 90,000.. Do you think it's too cheap to be true...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bhankymyk Data Services / Mtn 1G for 270; Data Reseller Needed!!! GLO, ETISALAT & AIRTEL Also available / TESTED and TRUSTED SRAC 20000MAH Powerbank...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.