Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,799 members, 7,806,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Travelling To Bukina Faso - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Bukina Faso (6549 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Newyork for summer? I need a travel Budy! / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Bukina Faso by ibis: 8:58am On Oct 14, 2012
I want to travel to the burkina faso capital ouagadougou for a trade fair between oct 28 and nov 4th. It will be my first visit there.

Who has been to ouagadougou? How do i get there? Any nigerian airlines? Affordable hotel to stay? How to get around especially as a non french speaker?

Do you know any agent that can help me freight what i buy back to nigeria?

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2012
ibis: I want to travel to the burkina faso capital ouagadougou for a trade fair between oct 28 and nov 4th. It will be my first visit there.

Who has been to ouagadougou? How do i get there? Any nigerian airlines? Affordable hotel to stay? How to get around especially as a non french speaker?

Thanks!

Let me ask u; whre are u residing? Wht means of transportatn do u wnt 2 take?
Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by ibis: 7:16am On Oct 16, 2012
I reside in ph and want to go by air. Any info pls?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by noblegas2(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2012
ibis: I want to travel to the burkina faso capital ouagadougou for a trade fair between oct 28 and nov 4th. It will be my first visit there.

Thanks!

I visited Ouagadougou 4 years ago along with a couple of friends. As regards hotel, I'm not sure because we didn't stay in one, we stayed at a friends place. As regards flight, I don't know if you can go through the stress but I think the easiest and cheapest way is to go board a bus to cotonou and fly from cotonou airport. Air Burkina has daily direct flights from Cotonou to Ouagadougou. We bought out tickets for abt N20,000 naira and it was even a return ticket lol. You also need to be very careful about french people at the airport, most taxi guys there are armed robbers! If you're the "Flexing" type, you won't encounter any problems at all because at almost every sharp corner you see, there is a mini club there grin. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 16, 2012
ibis: I reside in ph and want to go by air. Any info pls?
I think you will prefer what noble-gas has said since you would like to take flight then ur place of residence is quite far from here.

Actually i was there last year. There is a direct motor from here to ouagadougou costly around N6k and there're many Nigerians there especially d yorubas. It may be difficult 2 import things from there cos most of their need is frm Nig. I knw nothing abt d hotel cos i stayed with sm1 bt d place is quite peaceful atleast they're enjoying the aridity of their land with constant power supply. Howeva,u must still b'careful in anoda man's land.
Good luck in ur trip !

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by ibis: 6:55am On Oct 22, 2012
@ noble gas and everyone. Thank you very much. I have found a hotel but its my flight ticket still pending. Im worried about going to cotonu and flying from there since i cant speak french and im not sure if the ir burkina flight schedule from there. Where can i get a bus going to cotonu from lagos?
Called arik air they said they have suspended their route to ouagadougou and got an airline asky air that flies from lagos but they dont have my travel dates available.

@ Alex 406I want to travel on mon 29th oct and return sat 3 rd nov.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by adigunomomama(m): 3:23am On Oct 23, 2012
ibis: @ noble gas and everyone. Thank you very much. I have found a hotel but its my flight ticket still pending. Im worried about going to cotonu and flying from there since i cant speak french and im not sure if the ir burkina flight schedule from there. Where can i get a bus going to cotonu from lagos?
Called arik air they said they have suspended their route to ouagadougou and got an airline asky air that flies from lagos but they dont have my travel dates available.

@ Alex 406I want to travel on mon 29th oct and return sat 3 rd nov.

Thanks

You can board ABC Transport from Festac (Lagos) to Cotonou, i don't know the price now buh tha last time i visited ghana it ΨåS̤̈̊ 11,000 without passport buh if you gat passport i think its 9000. Safe

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by ibis: 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
Thanks all. Safely back from ouaga with a wealth of experience. Anyone wanting to travel subsequently can holla for advice. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by demjohn(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
I also wish to travl to Burkina faso but i got no one arnd there..could u plz link me up?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by Ugosample(m): 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
ibis:
Thanks all. Safely back from ouaga with a wealth of experience. Anyone wanting to travel subsequently can holla for advice. grin
@ ibis, please can you share your experience? it would be useful to me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by iguita: 8:46am On Mar 07, 2017
@Ibis and @Ugosample, please share your experiences, I am planning a road trip for about 20 people in May 2017
Ugosample:
@ ibis, please can you share your experience? it would be useful to me. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by Dutch75: 11:15am On Oct 05, 2018
Hello everyone,. i will like to travel to Burkina faso., its actually my first time. Please anyone with ideas or experiences about the country. How much does it cost to get there, either by air or road? which bus company travels there from Lagos Nigeria.?
Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by zeedolla(m): 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
Hello, any new info and advise about travelling to burkina faso in 2019?
Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by Ndipe(m): 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2021
Re: Travelling To Bukina Faso by nickybabey: 10:32am On Dec 04, 2022
@ibis or anyone else share your journey to Ouagadougou? I want to travel there

(1) (Reply)

Egyptair Vs Ethiopian Airlines - Which Should i fly? Help guys / Interesting Things About Monaco / 800k Uk Visa...agent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.