Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video (10080 Views)

Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution / Pictures Of Arraigned Suspects Of The Fuel Subsidy Scam. / Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by fitzmayowa: 12:49am On Oct 15, 2012
ABUJA—INSPECTOR-General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, has received the video tape of the alleged bribery transaction involving Mr. Farouk Lawal, former Chairman, House of Representatives Probe Panel, from the State Security Service, SSS, and commenced further investigation of the scandal.

This was sequel to the directive by the Attorney-General of the Federation, Mohammed Adoke, that the report submitted by the Police Special Task Force probing the $620,000 subsidy bribe scandal, be re-investigated and grey areas cleared.

It was gathered that since the receipt of the video and commencement of investigation to clear grey areas, there had been immense pressure on the IGP by some members of the House of Representatives, prominent northern citizens and politicians.

Accusations that the bribery scam issue was allegedly a set up by the Presidency to rubbish the integrity of the House have also resurfaced.

Vanguard gathered that Lawal had continued to report to the police every two days and signs attendance register, though the police are in a fix as to whether to join Femi Otedola, the complainant as a suspect.

As a result of the pressure, Vanguard gathered that the dexterity and sense of purpose with which the police hierarchy was pursuing the case may be waning as even the Presidency that earlier wanted a quick resolution of the bribery scam, may have backed down on the matter.

source
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/igp-receives-620000-subsidy-scam-video/

1 Like

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Techwriter: 1:44am On Oct 15, 2012
A day is coming when God will judge the secrets of men. Just like the video (if true) will be an undeniable evidence, so will it be on that day because God sees in secret. Before u are quick to judge Farouk examine your secret life because the CCTV camera of heaven is video-ing you.

4 Likes

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Nobody: 2:19am On Oct 15, 2012
#scratches head.....

I really don't know what to say...

#continues to scoop water out of my room #Flood tinz!

17 Likes

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by yeye4live(m): 2:24am On Oct 15, 2012
Imanuelle: #scratches head.....

I really don't know what to say...

#continues to scoop water out of my room #Flood tinz!
If am u I wil turn my room in2 a swimin pool n invite chiks wit bikinis n co, dats fun shae u get

2 Likes

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Nobody: 2:51am On Oct 15, 2012
yeye4live:
If am u I wil turn my room in2 a swimin pool n invite chiks wit bikinis n co, dats fun shae u get

Sum gehs cud be mammy-wota!
I don't want any1 transforming into a hippo ovanyte.

10 Likes

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 15, 2012
Viewing this topic: jideflash(m), digospel2, laidback(m), Imanuelle and 18 guest(s)
All of una go SLEEP abeg

*evil hours of d day*

1 Like

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by free2ryhme: 2:58am On Oct 15, 2012
dvdon: Viewing this topic: jideflash(m), digospel2, laidback(m), Imanuelle and 18 guest(s)
All of una go SLEEP abeg

*evil hours of d day*

...including you
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Dollarman101: 3:04am On Oct 15, 2012
Let still see if GEJ was in the video,telling Farouk to collect bribe from Otedola. These house of reps members are really funny, I thank that this case is not going to die down like this. We must see the end..... Bad belle people would be put to shame.

3 Likes

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Bukkyade: 3:24am On Oct 15, 2012
This is just the beginning, we must get to the root of these matter and see who is corrupt, these members jus feel they can jones us. Bunch of hypocrites,thinking they are smart.
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by JimmyBoy1: 3:25am On Oct 15, 2012
Are we saying the IGP that IGP has just received the tape after 3 months or so?
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Gorillaunit: 3:28am On Oct 15, 2012
Farouk get ready for more issues, cause your problems has jus begun.
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by tonyx4x44(m): 3:34am On Oct 15, 2012
I thought the topic meant:
IGP Receives $620,000. Subsidy Scam Video

3 Likes

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by chrisxxx(m): 4:04am On Oct 15, 2012
Set up or no set up anybody which bribery is in his blood system will explore for it at any given opportunity. Can u say u were set up to give your allowances to the poor? Can u say u were set up to put your fingers into fire?
Stop this set up page.
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by acidtalk: 4:32am On Oct 15, 2012
Enough of all this back and forth nonesense on this scam issue.

The culprits (giver and taker) should be prosecuted (oh sorry! Such only happens to the poor man in nigeria).

Someone tell me Farouk's allowances has been suspended since that issue came up.

If it was in a sane country, Farouk would have long resigned.

NIGERIA IS A DOOMED PIT!!!

2 Likes

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Wsdm: 4:43am On Oct 15, 2012
This administration is just characterize by parties of unseriouse men. If they could be handling a very clear case like this, what about other covert cases? I am so ashamed for them. They replicate a child in the cradle. May we through God's guidance stand one day to reclaim our land from this colonialism. If not for our sake, for the sake of our little innocent children.
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by aitanofi(m): 4:45am On Oct 15, 2012
I thought the issue is dead, well hope this development bring about justice in our land.
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Maxymilliano(m): 5:12am On Oct 15, 2012
I laugh in Swahili at the way this subsidy saga is going. Probe report was submitted in April, bribery allegations was made in June, Jagaba denied receiving bribe money from Lawan in July, IGP requested and just received a video evidence in October, no arrest has been made so far and no serious prosecution from any corner.

What is actually going on? Afterall, Otedola already assured that "anything done in darkness will come out in lightness" but how come the lightness is taking so long in coming

4 Likes

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by 2goodbobo(m): 5:27am On Oct 15, 2012
I can bet my Grand mama's house on this that the issue will be swept under the carpet. Dont get your hope high folks. Na Naija we dey o
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by quiverfull(m): 5:30am On Oct 15, 2012
This is my biggest grouse with Jonathan. Nigeria's biggest problem is corruption, and what we need now is not some lilly-livered leader who is too afraid (and involved corruption himself) to rock the boat. If 70% of the time any goverment official is alleged to to have mismanaged or stolen money from the national treasury, they are brought to book, we will see rapid development in the country. This case is a classic example of why Nigeria is in a mess. It's been over 5 months now, and the IGP is just getting the tape? What is the Attorney General of the fed. doing? And there are many more cases like this: the Haliburton case, the Siemens case, the subsidy mess, the Malabu case...just too many. And the consequence of not prosecuting these cases is that other officials are getting more and more brazen in stealing public
funds.

1 Like

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by larrymoore(m): 5:30am On Oct 15, 2012
Forget it! Since l knw dt toyota is made in japan, range rover sport is made in america and corruption is made in nigeria. I dont get surprise any more.

1 Like

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by destinedtee(m): 5:35am On Oct 15, 2012
Sometimes,i wonder what our leaders take us for.....Do they think we are cartoons and don't know left from right ?They prolong issues unnecessarily. undecided
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by jonahgeo(m): 5:58am On Oct 15, 2012
In 3D sef.
Techwriter: A day is coming when God will judge the secrets of men. Just like the video (if true) will be an undeniable evidence, so will it be on that day because God sees in secret. Before u are quick to judge Farouk examine your secret life because the CCTV camera of heaven is video-ing you.

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Sealeddeal(m): 6:09am On Oct 15, 2012
Corruption is not our biggest problem.Corruption is one of the symptoms of our biggest problem.have you asked ur self why its the prominent northern who are working against the trial of Farouk? Thats how other regions/ethnic groups will be working to make sure their son who is a criminal is not tried.thats one of the major things militating against Nigeria development.there are others but corruption is a symptom.its not our probs.it cants stop no matter what the tools govt deployed.it can only stop if govt change the present system of govt.

1 Like

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by mu2sa2: 6:20am On Oct 15, 2012
Sealeddeal: Corruption is not our biggest problem.Corruption is one of the symptoms of our biggest problem.have you asked ur self why its the prominent northern who are working against the trial of Farouk? Thats how other regions/ethnic groups will be working to make sure their son who is a criminal is not tried.thats one of the major things militating against Nigeria development.there are others but corruption is a symptom.its not our probs.it cants stop no matter what the tools govt deployed.it can only stop if govt change the present system of govt.
It's good u name the prominent northerners working against the trial of Farouk. Maybe it's the same people that worked for the acquittal of James Ibori in nigeria!
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by KINGwax(m): 6:20am On Oct 15, 2012
acidtalk: Enough of all this back and forth nonesense on this scam issue.

The culprits (giver and taker) should be prosecuted (oh sorry! Such only happens to the poor man in nigeria).

Someone tell me Farouk's allowances has been suspended since that issue came up.

u belonged to the generations of the doomed pit

2 Likes

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by frankgreat(m): 6:28am On Oct 15, 2012
But seriously, is this a police case? Isn't it suppose to b handled by EFCC or ICPC?
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by olaezebala: 6:49am On Oct 15, 2012
frankgreat: But seriously, is this a police case? Isn't it suppose to b handled by EFCC or ICPC?
because police na dem big papa now
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by ofala(m): 6:52am On Oct 15, 2012
Even if the bribe was a set up, THE FACT remains that Lawal F. Is a crook and isn't suitable for any public service because he and people like him will ALWAYS collect bribe and compromise

1 Like

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by tchaik(m): 6:56am On Oct 15, 2012
acidtalk: Enough of all this back and forth nonesense on this scam issue.

1 Like

Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by chucky234(m): 7:27am On Oct 15, 2012
frankgreat: But seriously, is this a police case? Isn't it suppose to b handled by EFCC or ICPC?
They are being controlled by one man,don't expect anything positive from either of them.
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Bright2(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2012
Did they say Jonathan set him up? Not only set up he even draged him to Otedola's house, rubbish.Oga Jona set more of them up! Itiboribo no get trust!
Re: IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video by Sealeddeal(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2012
mu2sa2: It's good u name the prominent northerners working against the trial of Farouk. Maybe it's the same people that worked for the acquittal of James Ibori in nigeria!
...well,we shall not be at Police headquaters/SSS to put down names or even be in their conclaves to know their plans.thats the works of Journalists and from the piece,you see where they mentioned prominent northerners/politicians.it has always been the normal way.Like i said earlier,there are other reasons why corruption and its fight still persist.Ibori's case may have fallen into that.but for northern/souther issues,it has alot to do with corruption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In 2012 / Ali Modu Sheriff Must Go Next Month - PDP Leaders. / Petitions Flood Senate Over AGF Nominee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.