Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT (49458 Views)

ESUT NYSC 2013 Batch B Mobilization List Is Out / Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? / NYSC Rejects Three Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by ambrosini593(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2012
Three “graduates” of Enugu State University of Science and Technology mobilised to participate in the National Youth Service Corps scheme have shown lack of competence and intelligence level expected of genuine degree holders, Blueprint learnt last night.

In education circles, questions are being asked over the competence of the university and indeed other institutions of learning.

The three corps members are: Nwankwo Elias Chukwuebuka, a graduate of BSc Electrical/Electronics, with code number NG/11B/1660 and a NYSC call-up number NYSC/EST/2011/1777093; Mbah Linda Akunna, a graduate of BSc Electricals/Electronics with code number LA/11B/5245, a call-up number EST/2011/178882 and matriculation number ESUT/2005/96998, and Okochi Adaeze Kate, a graduate of Geography/Meteorology, with code number AD/12B/0389, call-up number EST/2012/148292 and matriculation number ESUT/2006/10400.

According to documents obtained by Blueprint, the three “graduates,” who are serving in Niger, Lagos and Adamawa states respectively, were rejected, with formal letters sent to the state coordinators by their areas of primary assignment and forwarded to the NYSC headquarters in Abuja.

The national headquarters, in a August 29, 2012 letter signed by the Director General of NYSC, N.T. Okore-Affia, had informed the NUC of the presence of corps members who displayed “glaring lack of academic ability and intelligence level expected of genuine Nigerian graduates, which were consistently exhibited by the three students from the Enugu State University of Science and Technology.”

Attaching copies of letters from NYSC secretariats in Niger, Adamawa and Lagos, Okore-Affia noted: “As contained in the reports, the corps members exhibited signs of incompetence and low intelligence level which range from inability to complete registration formats correctly to not being able to teach pupils at nursery school level. These inadequacies led to their rejections by their employers in their various states of deployment.”

The case, according to an insider’s account, has baffled the National Universities Commission (NUC) and prompted the setting up of a committee to “verify the integrity of the degrees,” and find out if there was collaboration by the university.

Federal education authorities are suspecting a wide-ranging scam that might have been going on for years.

To unravel how the three corps members were mobilised, the NUC has already set up a panel, comprising officials of NYSC, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and the State Security Service (SSS).

The mandate of the panel, according to a letter dated September 24, 2012 signed by NUC Director of Quality Assurance, Professor C.F. Mafiana, “is to fully investigate the report with a view to identifying the culprits, including others similarly mobilised and their collaborators, and ensuring sanctions accordingly. The team would be chaired by a visiting professor in the NUC.”

Out of the three corps members, Okochi could hardly write the Roman figures from one to 10 in words, just as she could not write three states and their capitals. She could not provide the names of two major rivers in Nigeria, just as she failed to name three countries that share border with Nigeria.

Akunna, according to the documents, was rejected by Kings College, Lagos, after it was discovered that she was grossly incompetent to perform her duties.

A further test on her by the Lagos state NYSC secretariat revealed that though a graduate of Electricals/Electronics, she never passed any of the science subjects at the secondary school level.

The third fellow, Chukwuebuka, who was posted to Niger state, was rejected by a nursery/primary school known as FEMA Schools because of his inability to read and write.

Having been rejected by two employers, he had to be reposted by Niger state NYSC to a bakery, pending the final determination of his case by the NYSC national headquarters.

When queried on his incompetence, Chukwuebuka proved his incompetence when he responded in writing: “I awarded a degree in Enugu State University of Science and Technology I have a probeam in my university am manegn my siefe to funsh my school.”

A source disclosed last night that members of the panel would soon commence probing the circumstances under which the “graduates” were released by the university to participate in the NYSC scheme.

http://blueprintng.com/2012/10/exclusivenysc-rejects-illiterate-graduates/

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by PrinceNN(m): 8:55am On Oct 15, 2012
this is outrageous

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Demdem(m): 8:58am On Oct 15, 2012
These ones obviously bought their certificates. It needs to be investigated no doubt.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by doja(m): 8:58am On Oct 15, 2012
Waooooo.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2012
ambrosini593:

The third fellow, Chukwuebuka, who was posted to Niger state, was rejected by a nursery/primary school known as FEMA Schools because of his inability to read and write.

Having been rejected by two employers, he had to be reposted by Niger state NYSC to a bakery, pending the final determination of his case by the NYSC national headquarters.

When queried on his incompetence, Chukwuebuka proved his incompetence when he responded in writing: “I awarded a degree in Enugu State University of Science and Technology I have a probeam in my university am manegn my siefe to funsh my school.”

Laugh wan tear my belle o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Dangote...are you sure some people are qualified to drive your trucks grin cheesy.

54 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by mrLt: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2012
Hmmm Eshoot

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by MadCow1: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2012
IN CAMP, I had the misfortune of being Platoon Leader and MY GAWD!!!! shocked shocked NIGERIAN Graduates are pretty dumb..

There was one that couldnt even spell out 'NYSC'.. One couldnt wirte a formal letter.. One couldnt speak proper english..

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by jamesacho(m): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2012
Na wa o.nemesis
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by tlaret24(m): 9:02am On Oct 15, 2012
ohhhhhhhh short of words
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by semid4lyfe(m): 9:02am On Oct 15, 2012
Out of the three corps members, Okochi could hardly write the Roman figures from one to 10 in words, just as she could not write three states and their capitals. She could not provide the names of two major rivers in Nigeria, just as she failed to name three countries that share border with Nigeria.

Akunna, according to the documents, was rejected by Kings College, Lagos, after it was discovered that she was grossly incompetent to perform her duties.

A further test on her by the Lagos state NYSC secretariat revealed that though a graduate of Electricals/Electronics, she never passed any of the science subjects at the secondary school level.

The highlighted is really bad shocked undecided

How did they get admission in the first place? No be na wa, na real wa
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by nyce03(f): 9:02am On Oct 15, 2012
Naija Universities I hail ooo, Ђ☀̤̣̈̇w did they manage to graduate, still tinking.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Whobedatte(m): 9:02am On Oct 15, 2012
Thats the decadence/rot our educational system has fallen . No nigerian university ranks amongst the top 5000th. A unmittigated state of emergency needs be declared in that sector.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by slimyem: 9:02am On Oct 15, 2012
How come they caught just three...??
They are in their thousands on Nairaland,local government offices,secretariats,schools and a lot more other sectors in the country,,
Smh!!

10 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by maclatunji: 9:03am On Oct 15, 2012
I wonder why people feign shock about these things. I once met a graduate of Economics Education who couldn't define Economics. Until we appreciate knowledge and ability for what they are and not paper certificates, we will continue to go round in circles and never make substantial progress in terms of economic growth and development.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Afam4eva(m): 9:04am On Oct 15, 2012
lol grin grin grin
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by faceit: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2012
the foundation was faulty. students dont read to pass anymore, they only want ''parise''to pass waec, jamb and even when they get into the university, all they do is ''runs'' with lecturers been their accomplises.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by maclatunji: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2012
slimyem: How come they caught just three...??
There are in their thousands on Nairaland,local government offices,secretariats,schools and a lot more other sectors in the country,,
Smh!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by kenkruse: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2012
Mad Cow: IN CAMP, I had the misfortune of being Platoon Leader and MY GAWD!!!! shocked shocked NIGERIAN Graduates are pretty dumb..

Their was one that couldnt even spell out 'NYSC'.. One couldnt wirte a formal letter.. One couldnt speak proper english..

You're all the same. angry

91 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by jigawatts(m): 9:04am On Oct 15, 2012

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Horlawoomey(m): 9:05am On Oct 15, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin I BROKEN DOWN IN TEARSES, ROLLING ON THE FLOOR.

12 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by optimistD(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2012
this is serious. But some of us will fail that question about border sharing roman figure.... but if he wrote this, “I awarded a degree in Enugu State University of Science and Technology I have a probeam in my university am manegn my siefe to funsh my school,” then the pupil he was teaching are in trouble.lol

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by justwise(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2012
@Op.

This is completely senseless way of treating people's personal details, why did you put up their full names and NYSC details?

8 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by optimistD(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2012
jigawatts: When queried on his incompetence, Chukwuebuka proved his incompetence when he responded in writing: “I awarded a degree in Enugu State University of Science and Technology I have a probeam in my university am manegn my siefe to funsh my school.”

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
y are u laughing?
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Femsyn(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2012
I weep for country, Nigeria.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 15, 2012
Ok.... This has made my day!! He awarded d degree to ESUT eekwa?
Enyi'a enter HolyGhost market and get a shop!!

7 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by VellyG(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2012
Mad Cow: IN CAMP, I had the misfortune of being Platoon Leader and MY GAWD!!!! shocked shocked NIGERIAN Graduates are pretty dumb..

Their was one that couldnt even spell out 'NYSC'.. One couldnt wirte a formal letter.. One couldnt speak proper english..
Pls check your spellings and I don't think you are different from them either.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by KYO1: 9:09am On Oct 15, 2012
“I awarded a degree in Enugu State University of Science and Technology I have a probeam in my university am manegn my siefe to funsh my school.”
What is happening to our educational system in this country?people buy their way to get what others labour to aquire.
Its unfortunate
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by Afam4eva(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2012
There are thousands of these kind of graduates throughout the federation and it's a pathetic situation.
Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by slimyem: 9:09am On Oct 15, 2012
...and the ones who sold them certificates didn't even do well...
Why sell them certificates of electrical/electronics and Geography/metereology...courses wey nor be beans..
Why not sell them certificates of social studies or Primary science...?cheesycheesycheesy
#just saying#

9 Likes

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:09am On Oct 15, 2012
This is what happens when you work your admission and refuse to work your nysc parols.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Reject Illiterate Graduates Of ESUT by datola: 9:10am On Oct 15, 2012

Are you not a "Nigerian graduate"?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

NYSC Confirms Death Of Corps Member In Osun Orientation Camp / Female Corps Member Dies From Gunshot Injuries (Photos) / Ebe Corper, Francisca Okonkwo Dies In Accident In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.