Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

[Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. (2069 Views)

[Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! / [Help Request] Help With Database Connectivity Error / [Help Request ] I Want To Learn Programming, what are the requirements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by Vicony4real(m): 10:57am On Oct 15, 2012
Are you good at database designing?
I want to have a knowledge of dbms for academic purpose.
see how you can help!
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by suneepet1: 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
Database is all about drawing tables and your ability to manipulate the tables itself with whatever language you can use.the best way to learn it is by starting up a project that will involves tabulation of informations.simple.
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by GideonG(m): 5:05am On Oct 23, 2012
There is nothing like database designing.
You don't design database, you work with database.
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by mkwayisi: 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
GideonG: There is nothing like database designing.
You don't design database, you work with database.
No, there's something like database design. Database design is a process of building a data model that accurately represents your database. It is in your design that you specify the various entities, attributes and relationships that comprise the whole database system, i.e. if you're working with the relational data model. Read more on this at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_design

3 Likes

Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by olyjosh(m): 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
There is nothing like database design like they meant- but database is been design, model as a structure of tables of data grouped together called relational database.(They are being achieved in form of tables)

I think you don't have to argue with those guys since you said you want to learn it cos they are both speaking from practical/programming perspective.

Anyway, What type of database did want to learn?
Did you know anything about STANDARD QUERY LANGUAGE?(basis of most database querying languages)
What did you intend to use it for?

Though I don't know what you wanted to use it for but I will advice you to learn MYSQL or ORACLE, since Access among other are going out of use.

For low level database go for Microsoft Access or Excel (lol).

Knowlegde is power.

Call me if you need more tips-08061662025
No midnight call please...

1 Like

Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by Garriisback: 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
olyjosh: There is nothing like database design like they meant- but database is been design, model as a structure of tables of data grouped together called relational database.(They are being achieved in form of tables)

I think you don't have to argue with those guys since you said you want to learn it cos they are both speaking from practical/programming perspective.

Did you know anything about STANDARD QUERY LANGUAGE?(basis of most database querying languages)

Though I don't know what you wanted to use it for but I will advice you to learn MYSQL or ORACLE, since Access among other are going out of use.

Knowlegde is power.

Bros Abeg English No be by force, Next time use pidgin. Your entire post dosen't make sence.
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by mkwayisi: 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
@olyjosh:
structure of tables of data grouped together called relational database
No way, man. A relational database is a database organized based on the relational model.

STANDARD QUERY LANGUAGE?
Did you mean to say Structured Query Language?

learn MYSQL or ORACLE, since Access among other are going out of use.
Are you serious? Access is by far the number one *desktop* database system.

For low level database go for Microsoft Access or Excel
I always thought Excel is a spreadsheet application. Never knew it was a DBMS too.

Expect mine too wink

5 Likes

Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by digitalsimboja: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
Garri_is_back:

Bros Abeg English No be by force, Next time use pidgin. Your entire post dosen't make sence.

Techie talk session nt a language(English) tutorial

1 Like

Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by vicsdon: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
The best way to be fit in data base is to master excell. I can give u a complete ebook on excell for just 2500 naira. If u are interested, text ur name and ur email address to me on 08130946474 and I will send u my account payment details. And an email containing an attached file of the doc. after payment. U can also send an email to vicsdonnely@yahoo.com
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by Vicony4real(m): 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
Garri_is_back:

As if you are perfect. Hiss
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by Vicony4real(m): 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
olyjosh: There is nothing like database design like they meant- but database is been design, model as a structure of tables of data grouped together called relational database.(They are being achieved in form of tables)

Knowlegde is power.

Thank you! thank you!! thank you!!!
I will give you a call sir.
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by olyjosh(m): 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
mkwayisi: @olyjosh:
structure of tables of data grouped together called relational database
No way, man. A relational database is a database organized based on the relational model.

STANDARD QUERY LANGUAGE?
Did you mean to say Structured Query Language?

learn MYSQL or ORACLE, since Access among other are going out of use.
Are you serious? Access is by far the number one *desktop* database system.

For low level database go for Microsoft Access or Excel
I always thought Excel is a spreadsheet application. Never knew it was a DBMS too.

Expect mine too wink

You sabi die but over sabi come dey worry you sha... I love those...
Thanks
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by olyjosh(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
Well, some of these post are interesting but not technical
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by ska8erboi(m): 1:00am On Nov 06, 2012
If u need materials (pdf and videos) on Oracle 11g let me know. I also av the software itself...
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by jachar: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
There are many apps which allow you to practice drawing tables and references. Unfortunately, almost all of them are paid and you can use them free only through a trial period which is limited in time. I know only two applications that you can use for free. The first is an open-souce app named Sea Quail which is very basic and simple, sometimes even too simple for more professional applications. The second one is Vertabelo which is commercial in general but you can use it for free if you work on few models with only several tables. Vertabelo is good to learn database modeling and SQL 'cause it checks the state of your model in real time and displays error messages. You can also preview the SQL code of your model. Both apps works completely online (no installation is needed).
Re: [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. by GoodBoi1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 12, 2015

(1) (Reply)

I Found This 6 Months Pregnant Girl Trying To Hang Herself. / See The Question I Was Asked During An Online Interview / [Help Request]How Do I Upload Images Into My Database using Visual Basic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.