Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? (5209 Views)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / Best Inspirational Books By A Nigerian Author / Famous Nigerian Author Chinua Achebe Is Among The Beauty Of The Hudson Valley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
I am looking forward to reloading my small library, and I would love to have more of Nigerian novels, and some good ones by other good African novelists. So plz recommend good novels written by Nigerians home or abroad, which you have read from beginning to end.

...possibly too, drop a hint on where and how to get them...thanks and cheers smiley!
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Caracta(f): 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
Everything Good Will Come by Seffi Atta.

Purple Hibiscus

Half of a Yellow Sun

Things Fall Apart, etc.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
Caracta: Everything Good Will Come by Seffi Atta.

Purple Hibiscus

Half of a Yellow Sun

Things Fall Apart, etc.

Thanks so much, but I have read all of em except the one in bold...that means I will have to find it...Things Fall Apart and half of a yellow sun by Chimamanda are amongst my best novels...so so touching and entertaining.... smiley Thank u
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Caracta(f): 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
Everything Good Will Come is actually a very good novel that potrays Nigeria and Lagos life. The main character lived at Ikoyi & while i read the book, it reminded me of places i've been to. You'll enjoy the book. It's thought-provoking.

There's another book, THE BOY CALLED 'IT' and THE MAN NAMED DAVE. Same author, can't remember his name. It's a biography. You'll love it.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
Caracta: Everything Good Will Come is actually a very good novel that potrays Nigeria and Lagos life. The main character lived at Ikoyi & while i read the book, it reminded me of places i've been to. You'll enjoy the book. It's thought-provoking.

There's another book, THE BOY CALLED 'IT' and THE MAN NAMED DAVE. Same author, can't remember his name. It's a biography. You'll love it.

Oh that sounds interesting...is it on Amazon, do you have an idea?
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Caracta(f): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2012
The author is Dave Pelzer. It should be on Amazon. You can Google it and see what comes up.
That book made me cry. I have lots of books, both local and foreign, maybe i'll just sift through them when i get home, and send you the ones by Nigerian authors.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2012
Caracta: The author is Dave Pelzer. It should be on Amazon. You can Google it and see what comes up.
That book made me cry. I have lots of books, both local and foreign, maybe i'll just sift through them when i get home, and send you the ones by Nigerian authors.

thanks a bunch, always there to render positive assistance to people, stay blessed smiley will google it when I get home.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by agb2011(f): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2012
Blackbird by Jude Dibia
Unbridled by Jude Dibia
Night of a Creaking Bed by Tony Kan

1 Like

Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
agb2011: Blackbird by Jude Dibia
Unbridled by Jude Dibia
Night of a Creaking Bed by Tony Kan

Thanks a bunch smiley, will check them out...just got Imagine This by Shade...still searching for the one caracta recommended angry
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by jaymdee(m): 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
Diaries of a Dead African by Chuma Nwokolo
Ghost of Sani Abacha by Chuma Nwokolo
Yellow-Yellow by Kaine Agari
Fine Boys by Eghosa Imasuen
The Phoenix by Chika Unigwe

1 Like

Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by tubolancer(m): 5:53pm On Oct 18, 2012
Please try and read my book- A Thorn in her life. The book is on lulu.com.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Caracta(f): 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
tubolancer: Please try and read my book- A Thorn in her life. The book is on lulu.com.
I've seen a preview of it. I love the frontcover too. How do i get a copy...not softcopy?
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by agb2011(f): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
jaymdee:
Yellow-Yellow by Kaine Agari
i'd av added this but i'v been trying 2remembr d author's name.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
Some of the books were not at bookworm bookshop here in Lagos, how & where can I find them?

The problem I have with lulu & amazon is payment/shipment...I also have a book on sale at lulu.

1 Like

Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Jayboy124: 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
Think Farafina has very nice books. Always check out their cathlogues and website.

Most of the good ones I would have mentioned have already been mentioned.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by tubolancer(m): 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2012
The book will be available on Amazon kindle on friday,you can download it with $3.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by dominique(f): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2012
Diaries of a dead African by Chuma Nwokolo is one of the most interesting and thought provoking nigerian novels i've read in a while. A sad book with hints of humour.
you can also check out 'Onaedo, the blacksmith's daughter' by Ngozi Achebe.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
dominique: Diaries of a dead African by Chuma Nwokolo is one of the most interesting and thought provoking nigerian novels i've read in a while. A sad book with hints of humour.
you can also check out 'Onaedo, the blacksmith's daughter' by Ngozi Achebe.

Must lay my hands on this book...so much had been said about it...can't wait to be entertained smiley Thanks dom...
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by sholay2011(m): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
Hi. You can also lay hands on my book when it's published. it's entitled 'Louder'.
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
sholay2011: Hi. You can also lay hands on my book when it's published. it's entitled 'Louder'.

what a short title....must be interesting from the title...do make it worth it...wishing u the best in that grt endeavor smiley

1 Like

Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Tinkybabe(f): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
'Triumph of the water lily' by Stella Osammon.Quite an old novel but I bet you it's worth the read.
'Dazzling Mirage' by Olayinka Abimbola Egbokhare is another..very nice and engaging novel(set to hit the big screen soon,still under speculation though)
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
Tinkybabe: 'Triumph of the water lily' by Stella Osammon.Quite an old novel but I bet you it's worth the read.
'Dazzling Mirage' by Olayinka Abimbola Egbokhare is another..very nice and engaging novel(set to hit the big screen soon,still under speculation though)

Nigeria is really producing more authors lately....wow...I feel so inspired...lots to lay hands on...thanks Tinky smiley
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by ATMC(f): 7:20am On Oct 26, 2012
There was a country by chinua achebe
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
ATMC: There was a country by chinua achebe

Have already ordered the amazing war memoir...I can't afford not to read my mentor's possibly last publication, that would be a heinous crime sad...I have read some parts of it, its really gona be awesome...thanks though for mentioning wink
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2012
"Bitter Taste of Honey" by Me,Chukwuezue Nnabuike
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
nnafather: "Bitter Taste of Honey" by Me,Chukwuezue Nnabuike

Is it presently on sale? where can I find it?
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Lurve(f): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2012
smileyfor me its Sparkling Emerald by roni t. Davies.u cn gt it @ amazon
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by AmazeBalls(f): 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2012
Akachi Adimora Ezeigbo's books esp the most recent "Roses and Bullets"
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Switup: 8:00pm On Nov 17, 2012
O common, dont tell me no one has read 'I Do Not Come To You By Chance' by Adaobi Trica Nwanube..
It is humour epitomized
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by agb2011(f): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
AmazeBalls: Akachi Adimora Ezeigbo's books esp the most recent "Roses and Bullets"
O boy! Dat book is dry!
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by AmazeBalls(f): 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
agb2011:
O boy! Dat book is dry!
Well dats ur opinion, for me it was worth reading,plus I love her style of writing
Re: Recommend An Interesting Novel(s) By Nigerian Author? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2012
Swit up: O common, dont tell me no one has read 'I Do Not Come To You By Chance' by Adaobi Trica Nwanube..
It is humour epitomized

The title sound interesting...is it a recent publication
AmazeBalls: Akachi Adimora Ezeigbo's books esp the most recent "Roses and Bullets"

Have heard of it mentioned somewhere too...lots to lay hands on, maybe another xmas gift for me...thanks smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods / Chinua Achebe Rejects 50 Cent’s $1m For Use Of His Book Title / How I Spent The Ramadan Holiday – Reflection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.