Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu (12647 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Blame Kachikwu For Your Party’s Woes, Okorie Tells Tinubu / You Are 70 Not 60 - Pdp Tells Tinubu / Awolowo’s Dynasty Cannot Be Rubbished - H.I.D. Awolowo Tells Tinubu And Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by HammedSodiqq: 5:25am On Oct 16, 2012
The Mimiko Campaign Organisation has advised the ACN leader, Bola Tinubu, to behave like a statesman worthy of the toga of the national leader of a political party rather than like a common street boy in his manners and utterances.  
The organisation gave the advice to Tinubu in Akure following what it termed “unwarranted verbal attacks” by him against the person of the Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko.

It expressed regret that a leader could employ the use of raw and dirty language.  
The MCO’s Director of Publicity and Media Relations, Mr Kolawole Olabisi, while berating Tinubu, stated that there was nothing to show for it in the state under the ACN governors.  

“Pray, isn’t it absurd that Tinubu could be asking the people to vote for his party when all over the South-west where he controls, governance is at it lowest ebb. It has been industrial disputes galore as workers and government are at loggerhead over unpaid salaries and emoluments.

Students of higher institutions are groaning while they pay through their noses. Yet, they say they want to capture Ondo State which is better governed than any of these states and has become a benchmark in the art of good governance in Nigeria.  
“When the so-called leaders dance naked on national television and unleash verbal abuses on a sitting governor of a state who has done nothing but high sense of respect for him as well as assault the sensibility of the people of Ondo State, then such leaders should be prepared to be disgraced.

“How can a leader also ask the people of Ondo State to re-enact the terrible episode of the 1983 election violence if his party should lose the election?

“We urged the security operatives to be abreast of all the vituperation and pure incitement of the people by Tinubu and other leaders of the ACN at today’s so-called redemption rally of theirs and take note of unfolding events as the election approaches, “ MCO advised

Meanwhile, Tinubu has described Mimiko as a liar for saying that he did not collect any money from him during his struggle to reclaim his mandate.

The ACN leader specifically stated that he gave Mimiko both money and vehicle, stating that Mr Wole Olanipekun, who Mimiko called as witness, was not there when they discussed.

Tinubu said he gave millions of pounds during the forensic investigation of voting materials, adding that one lawyer, Osinbajo, was the one moving from Bristow to Israel all for Mimiko.

Speaking at a rally to round off  ACN’s national campaign for its candidate in this weekend’s gubernatorial election held at the Democracy Park in the heart of Akure, the state capital, Tinubu alongside the governors of Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Lagos and Edo States said it was only when all the states in the South-west came under one political umbrella that the issue of integration can be possible and which would strengthen the old Western Region politically, socially and economically.
The remarks of each of the speakers, who asked the electorate to reject Mimiko from the Alagbaka Government House, was the waving of red card to signify the sending out of the incumbent from office.

While asking the electorate to protect their votes, the former governor of Ogun State, Segun Osoba and Tinubu urged the people to do what they did to those who rigged election in 1983.

Osoba, who said the people of the state remained in the forefront of rejecting rigging in 1983, asked them to come out early in the morning, cast their votes and protect same like they did in 1983 when popular candidates were rigged out in the South West states.

The former governor said the people of the state have a lot to gain be joining the mainstream of the South-west politics, adding that when he interrelated with other states of the region when he was the governor of Ogun State.

Tinubu expressed happiness that Mimiko himself said Governor Babatunde Fashola who he supported as the Lagos State Governor did well saying the prayer of any parent is that their children should do better.

“He calls me godfather, I am a positive godfather. Godfather here is for development, it is for progress. All I want in the South West is what Awolowo did. The shoe of Awolowo is too big for me. All I want is a vision, the liberation of the South West and Ondo State”, he said.

Tinubu described Akeredolu as the best candidate for the Saturday’s election when all his attributes are taking into consideration.

Speaking, the ACN candidate, Akeredolu said though the state is richly blessed but had been suffering because it lacked good leaders.

While assuring the people that he would win the election, Akeredolu declared three day fasting for the electorate because of the election. He urged the electorate to fast on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday saying it is ACN that will liberate Ondo State.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/behave-like-a-statesman-mimiko-tells-tinubu/127775/

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by oxatto: 5:34am On Oct 16, 2012
You all are thiefs I pitty ƒσя this nation, may d Ǥõõϑ ǦƠ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅̊. See us through.

1 Like

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by 5alive(m): 6:08am On Oct 16, 2012
Mimiko, why, why, why, why? Ur noise is too much
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by ektbear: 6:11am On Oct 16, 2012
Why do Nigerians like giving unwanted advice. Mimiko, do you think Tinubu really wants to hear any words from you?
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by butpro(m): 6:13am On Oct 16, 2012
Tinubu offererd million of pounds in ondo state for what?..hmmmmmmmm. That's why he wanted mimiko to pay 5% of ondo allocation to his account every month. ACN just lost 5 votes here in OWO.

6 Likes

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by micklplus(m): 6:17am On Oct 16, 2012
To tinubu, don't talk too much. Put your strategies in place if you have any.
To mimiko, keep working, if at all you've done anything that is worthy of praise oo. Don't engage in verbal missiles. You don't have to be scared of losing nah

To Akeredolu, you be SAN nah? Forget rhetorics! Show us what you've got!

To Ondo people, its your state mehn! You know what you want.

To INEC, just do your job !

To all of una, make shut up and get the job done ASAP!

2 Likes

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by groovy400: 6:17am On Oct 16, 2012
Millions of pounds!!!!!!!!! shocked
Asiwaju, source of fund please?
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by luvinhubby(m): 6:21am On Oct 16, 2012
This Tinubu is a very shameless man, must he ruin whom he can't control, i agree with Mimiko, he is a tout & by the way WHO KILLED FUNSHO WILLIAMS?

8 Likes

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by passionate88: 6:22am On Oct 16, 2012
---- some people useless o... Now una master of d west dn say him b godfather bt wn general elections reach acn go say no to godfatherism... Useless party led by a useless man...

4 Likes

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by chymystique(f): 6:24am On Oct 16, 2012
*jst passing by* lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by aare07(m): 6:28am On Oct 16, 2012
Ondo electorate, Say No Political Slavery by Tinubu
Vote wisely
VOTE MIMIKO........................................................................................................................................................................
INSHA ALLAH RAMON,MIMIKO WILL WIN
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by highlandre(m): 6:36am On Oct 16, 2012
I don't believe in words, I focus on votes. If Mimiko feels he's done well enough to be re-elected, then he should pay less attention to A.C.N's campaigns and rallies.

But seriously, I think this election is the most competitive in the recent past in Nigeria. The A.C.N, PDP candidates and Mimiko are very close in their chances of winning Saturday's gubernatorial election. We shall see!
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Aderostock(m): 6:38am On Oct 16, 2012
In jesus name! Akeredolu will win and liberate the people of Ondo. Gbam

1 Like

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Aderostock(m): 6:43am On Oct 16, 2012
Where was Mimiko when Kayode Fayemi was awarded Best performed Governor 2011? Oh I forget, he was busy building fountain and motor park. Mimiko ole, ole. E kigbe ole, ole

5 Likes

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by sucnif(m): 6:47am On Oct 16, 2012
Please can somebody tell Tinubu to allow peace reign in Ondo State?

1 Like

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Lucasbalo(m): 6:54am On Oct 16, 2012
Thifnubu is nothing but a lowlife from Chicago who is a well know sleazy guy that is now trying to turn himself to Yoruba leader. Let the good people of ondo State elect their own leader. Where did this millions of pounds Tinubu allegedly spend on ondo election comes from?. Your days are numbered .
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Osiris211: 6:56am On Oct 16, 2012
Yet another Tinubu's thread? smh!
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 16, 2012
Aderostock: In jesus name! Akeredolu will win and liberate the people of Ondo. Gbam

Oh yeah? Liberate them from freedom into Tinubu's bondage?

1 Like

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Mortiple(m): 6:59am On Oct 16, 2012
luvinhubby: This Tinubu is a very shameless man, must he ruin whom he can't control, i agree with Mimiko, he is a tout & by the way WHO KILLED FUNSHO WILLIAMS?
Mr Big Eyeballs should stop comparing himself with late Chief Awolowo as there are no basis for such. Tinubu wants to enslave economically and politically, the entire South West. Lagos State is under siege already. Just hoping that the good people of Ondo state won't allow this.
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by anonimi: 7:04am On Oct 16, 2012
HammedSodiqq:
The ACN leader specifically stated that he gave Mimiko both money and vehicle, stating that Mr Wole Olanipekun, who Mimiko called as witness, was not there when they discussed.

Tinubu said he gave [size=14pt]millions of pounds[/size] during the forensic investigation of voting materials, adding that one lawyer, Osinbajo, was the one moving from Bristow to Israel all for Mimiko.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/behave-like-a-statesman-mimiko-tells-tinubu/127775/

Has anyone seen Tinubu's personal income tax returns to ascertain if it reflects EARNING millions of pounds that some can be given away
What was his income as Mobil accountant, senator and governor to accumulate "millions of pounds" that can be given away

1 Like

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Osiris211: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2012
Are you from south west? why are you crying more than the bereaved? STFU foool!

Mortiple:
Mr Big Eyeballs should stop comparing himself with late Chief Awolowo as there are no basis for such. Tinubu wants to enslave economically and politically, the entire South West. Lagos State is under siege already. Just hoping that the good people of Ondo state won't allow this.
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 16, 2012
Thugs doing what thugs do. Picture how they are praising and chanting for rogues and agberos to their own detriment.

Useless bunch.
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Maxymilliano(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2012
This rogue of a man (Tinubu)will never cease to amaze me, the word 'decorum' and 'decency' seems to have dissappeared from his lexicon and i'm least surprised at his folly.

It will be foolhardy of him if he really think the average man in Ondo State bought the showmanship and puerile theatrical posturings as exemplified at the rally?

I hope he enjoys his follies while it last and come Saturday, Akeredolu will be retired from politics back to his law practice.
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Osiris211: 7:09am On Oct 16, 2012
How much did Dangote gave Jonathan? go kill your self. Fool.

anonimi:

Has anyone seen Tinubu's personal income tax returns to ascertain if it reflects EARNING millions of pounds that some can be given away
What was his income as Mobil accountant, senator and governor to accumulate "millions of pounds" that can be given away
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by takedat(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2012
Mimiko that threw decorum away during their last debate by verbally assaulting others is now preaching civility. Isn't it the norm of politicians to throw banters and jibes against their opponent during campaign? All Nigerian politicians are area boys as nothing really separates them. As Tinubu is a godfather to some so is Mimiko a godfather to many in Ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Rooneyboy(m): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2012
Tinubu na confirmed agbero na, he's proud to be one. Abi u thin say na everybody fit be agbero ?
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 16, 2012
luvinhubby: This Tinubu is a very shameless man, must he ruin whom he can't control, i agree with Mimiko, he is a tout & by the way WHO KILLED FUNSHO WILLIAMS?
I am also asking the same question,WHO KILLED FUNSHO WILLIAMS? Why did WESTERN AVENUE suddenly change to FUNSHO WILLIAMS AVENUE immediately after his death?

Tinubu doesn't surprise me with his Agberolistic style of Godfatherism! He wants ACN to rule Ondo State by all means. Is it really easy to unsit a sitting governor without the might powers of the unknown? It is left for the people of Ondo State to vote wisely and avoid being bought over by some power thirsty thugs!
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2012
In as much that I don't want to talk about this saga but I think someone has forced me now.

Mimiko don't forget there is life after government house.
Mimiko it won't do you any good to shit where you live.
Good or bad you have got a lot to learn from Tinubu.

Don't forget in politics no permanent enemy and no permanent friends.
Don't ever think things will continue going smooth for you.
One day you will need the same set of Thug Like Tinubu to rescue you.

You noise is getting too much.
Let your action speak for you and not all these hollabaloo you are making on the front of newspaper.

2 Likes

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 16, 2012
The millions of pounds Tinubu gave away, is it not Lagos money? tax money? Is it his father's money?

May God punish him and all his generations yet unborn, that greedy old bas.tard
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by tatosh: 7:27am On Oct 16, 2012
I'm confused here, is the election mimiko vs Tinubu or mimiko vs Akeredolu? because this Mimiko guy can't just stop talking bout Tinubu. This is a sign that he respects Tinubu very much. He wants the mans attention so much. Silly backstabbing Mimiko

4 Likes

Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by emeka762001(m): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2012
Ondo people, the devil you knw is better than the angels you dnt knw. Be wise and vote wisely. Dnt allow youselves dnt be deceive by rhetorics
Re: Behave Like A Statesman, Are U An Area Boy?- Mimiko Tells Tinubu by anonimi: 7:30am On Oct 16, 2012
HammedSodiqq:
The former governor said the people of the state have a lot to gain be joining the mainstream of the South-west politics, adding that when he interrelated with other states of the region when he was the governor of Ogun State.

Was it not the same OBJoke's mainstream arguement in 2003 that Tinubu rejected and stopped PDP's tsunami in Southwest then? It is time to stop Tinubu's ACN that has transformed to a bigger monster than PDP.
Why should he expect people to do mainstream now in 2012, nine years after??
I thought the Yorubas say A ko gbodo sun ki a ko ori si ibikan na - we should not sleep and face same direction

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Independence Day Nigeria / No State In Nigeria Is Controlled By Boko Haram - Buhari / Bad Fuel: Queues To Vanish Next Week - Kyari, NNPC, CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.