Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (55762 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by lateef4me(m): 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
I nominate Eziachi and Okija juju ......
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 6:43pm On Oct 17, 2012
Charles.nerd:

If an Igbo man who does not align with popular views and conventional Igbo ideology nominates a candidate,would his /her nomination stand?. Please, can you provide more details on the highlighted.

According to section (A) no 3 of the nomination rules, you are disqualified as well as others who are not Igbo'S but guilty of the same crime grin grin, anyway your case was not specifically mention on the (No3) but on my point of view as a full blood igbo son you are guilty as non Igbo's who are guilty of the law.This is just my opinion, hopefully my fellow tribunals take stand.While you wait to hear from other tribunals you can take your time and review the Section (A, of No3)Such forumer has not directly or indirectly
through his actions (posts) denigrate or
caused the denigration of any or other Igbo
group/sub group, state, cultural institutions or heroes.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2012
An Eze should have a lolo.Its fair that we should provide equal opportunity for everyone,irrespective of sex. That would encourage other Igbo ladies on the romance board and raise their political consciousness.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
Charles.nerd:
An Eze should have a lolo.Its fair that we should provide equal opportunity for everyone,irrespective of sex. That would encourage other Igbo ladies on the romance board and raise their political consciousness.

Eze needs a queen as well lol...

I nominate Ifyalways as the queen lol..

Add Afam to the list for Eze.. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2012
Where is Sam_ikenna?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

According to section (A) no 3 of the nomination rules, you are disqualified as well as others who are not Igbo'S but guilty of the same crime grin grin, anyway your case was not specifically mention on the (No3) but on my point of view as a full blood igbo son you are guilty as non Igbo's who are guilty of the law.This is just my opinion, hopefully my fellow tribunals take stand.While you wait to hear from other tribunals you can take your time and review the Section (A, of No3)Such forumer has not directly or indirectly
through his actions (posts) denigrate or
caused the denigration of any or other Igbo
group/sub group, state, cultural institutions or heroes.

So are you effectively saying that a full blooded Igbo man can be disenfranchised because he has a different ideology from the norm?.That would be unfair and subjective in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
Charles.nerd:

Meanwhile, dayokanu and Bluetooth should be appointed as roving cultural ambassadors of the Igbo nation.. grin grin grin
e nwakwala nwa! Maka gi ni zi? For whaaaat! angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by FrankC3: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2012
Charles.nerd:

If an Igbo man who does not align with popular views and conventional Igbo ideology nominates a candidate,would his /her nomination stand?. Please, can you provide more details on the highlighted.

Well, I am not a member of the electoral team but I think such a person need to canvass his position and persuade others to buy into his ideology and this should be done over time before we gain his trust that he is really after our good. We need to know where he is coming from and this idea must be strongly supported by strong logic and excellent knowledge of where we are coming from as a people and where we are going to. The performance of the idea in the market place of ideas determines how we view such person.

In the spirit of uche onye adi ya njo, all views are welcome, but anya anyi ga adi ya. All strange ideologies and unpopular views shall be canvassed and debated and marketed. That is the Igboness of Ndigbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
Charles.nerd:

Yes your suggestion is reasonable and i must assure you that it has been noted as well. The election commission are working towards that due time factor if we are unable to carry the lolo thing along this year hopefully next year it will be fully carry along. Meanwhile i will like you to have a look on the respond our Honorable commissioner PointB had given to our beloved sister who was first to raise the issue.

PointB: @Those nominating PointB, thanks for the confidence, but I am already the electoral commissioner, hence not eligible.

OnlyTruth is does not also need nomination, he is already pre-qualified by the virtue of incumbency.

@Odunnu,
The Lolo idea sounds very romantic. We could try it sometime as soon as we are able to work out the modality, roles and responsibility. Perhaps, during the inauguration in culture section the elected may opt to choose a Lolo from the list of eligibles. But for now let's focus on nominating two people each for Eze.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
lateef4me: I nominate Eziachi and Okija juju ......
Okija juju can never be an Eze ndi igbo NL! Just count him out!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
berem: e nwakwala nwa! Maka gi ni zi? For whaaaat! angry

Nne cool down grin grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2012
Charles.nerd:

So are you effectively saying that a full blooded Igbo man can be disenfranchised because he has a different ideology from the norm?.That would be unfair and subjective in my opinion.

Our stands simply means that you cannot reject us in times of difficulty and turn back to celebrate with us when things are rosy.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Yes your suggestion is reasonable and i must assure you that it has been noted as well. The election commission are working towards that due time factor if we are unable to carry the lolo thing along this year hopefully next year it will be fully carry along. Meanwhile i will like you to have a look on the respond our Honorable commissioner PointB had given to our beloved sister who was first to raise the issue.

[/b]

Ok thanks.I didnt see that earlier.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Our stands simply means that you cannot reject us in times of difficulty and turn back to celebrate with us when things are rosy.

Then how can you convince me that you (the electoral team) are different from the proponents of the Osu caste system if you disenfranchise a brother/sister because his/her views does not align with conventional views?.I think you guys should review that part of the constitution to be more explicit and inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
I also nominate Andre Uweh, he is eminently qualified too.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
Let's keep the nominations rolling in.

At this point, the nomination list is taking shape. We have the following nominations

Odumchi 3
Sam Ikenna 1
ezeagu 1
Obiagu1 1
Elueme 1 ?
Agaba123 1
Nchara 1
Eziachi 1
Okija juju 1 *
Andre Uweh 1

Key
* Protest recorded.
? Igboness questioned
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2012
PointB: Let's keep the nominations rolling in.

At this point, the nomination list is taking shape. We have the following nominations

Odumchi 3
Sam Ikenna 1
ezeagu 1
Obiagu1 1
Elueme 1 ?
Agaba123 1
Nchara 1
Eziachi 1
Okija juju 1 *
Andre Uweh 1

Key
* Protest recorded.
? Igboness questioned

Correction.I also nominated Andre Uweh,he should have two nominations not one.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2012
The top 2 nominee will be polled against OnlyTruth in a general election.

Please let's not forget that part of the rules indicates that the nominee must at the very least accept their nominations. It implies that nominees who do not accept their nomination at prior to polling may be disqualified. We don't need absentee Eze, the stakes are very high.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
Charles.nerd:

Correction.I also nominated Andre Uweh,he should have two nominations not one.

Yes you did. Unfortunately Afam's nomination of Andrew Uweh did not count. Those directly involved in the process might have to sacrifice their right to nominate to avoid conflict of interest.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
PointB:

Yes you did. Unfortunately Afam's nomination of Andrew Uweh did not count. Those directly involved in the process might have to sacrifice their right to nominate to avoid conflict of interest.

Ok.That was a good decision by the electoral team.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
Please inform our brethren in other sections that Eze ndi Igbo election is here again.

Keep them aware so that non of us is left out.Also do not forget to inform other friends of Igbo those who love Igbo culture to join us.

YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN,

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by bittyend(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2012
No nomination for Pa Dede and his thesaurus induced English, nah? shocked

I nominate myself, I'm the Eze of Igbo girls in the real world! cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Ejine(m): 7:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
Please noooooooo! No Okija Juju biko! grin
De guy go put flooding water for our garri.
Plus, going by section (3) of the rules, he is not eligible, since he has made fun of Igbos of Imo and Abia extraction grin

So make we wuruwuru am for the second time by denying him a chance grin cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by chosen04(f): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
Igbos making history once more even in a "strange" (sic) forum (Strange cos their numerous attacks weakens us not)

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ejiné: Please noooooooo! No Okija Juju biko! grin
Plus, going by section (3) of the rules, he is not eligible, since he has made fun of Igbos of Imo and Abia extraction grin

I will take this as second protest against his candidacy.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ejiné: Please noooooooo! No Okija Juju biko! grin

nna kwe m n'aka! This is the real reason he shouldn't be nominated talkless of being an Eze! Anyi acho ka ara gba ndi ara biko!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by manny4life(m): 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2012
Having read through Eze Onlytruth's speech, one word "PRICELESS"...Your words are wisdom and encouraging. God will continue to impact you with his endless knowledge and understanding.

@PointB and the tribunal officers, it takes strength and patience to assume such responsibility...thank you.

Having been on these forum for a while now, I have learned different shared ideas from interesting folks on here. Although I respect so many folks on here, but I humbly submit these two for nomination -

1. Odumchi - This man is very well versed in Igbo tradition, when I read his post, I just love them (no homo). Prime example was a thread he opened about juggling cultural obligations and religion at same time. His post are VERY insightful YET thoughtful.

2. Eziachi - One of NL most respected Veterans. I admire his words of wisdom and YET neutral, it's just amazing. His versed, spoken demeanor is very important to the this post.

@PointB and Tribunal Officers, please accept my nomination for these two... Thank you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2012
Noted Manny. Thanks.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
9ja_I_hail: Please inform our brethren in other sections that Eze ndi Igbo election is here again.

Keep them aware so that non of us is left out.Also do not forget to inform other friends of Igbo those who love Igbo culture to join us.

YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN,

I love Igbo culture and food, joined you - however, you rejected me... sad
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ujchief(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
manny4life:
@PointB and Tribunal Officers, please accept my nomination for these two... Thank you.
u're welcome.
Pls, mods could u help us move this to frontpage so our brothers in other sections can participate, send in their nominations and accept or decline nominations. We intend to carry everyone along.
Thanks.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
shymexx:

I love Igbo culture and food, joined you - however, you rejected me... sad

Thanks for loving our food and culture but here we are talking about our pride and heritage which we cannot afford to toy with, as i am typing this is 3am here and i am still awake monitoring this thread so that invaders or hijackers will not take us by surprise.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
ujchief:
u're welcome.
Pls, mods could u help us move this to frontpage so our brothers in other sections can participate, send in their nominations and accept or decline nominations. We intend to carry everyone along.
Thanks.

Seconded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply)

Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN / Samuel Achi: Pantami Was Imam When ATBU Muslims Killed My Son In A Mosque / Why Buhari Sacked Buratai, Other Service Chiefs - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.