Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business (15385 Views)

Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / President Jonathan Commissions 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant (photos) / Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by prettyG: 11:22am On Oct 16, 2012
Geometric Power Systems Limited has announced that its 140 megawatts (MW) Aba Integrated Power Project (IPP) will come on stream in the first quarter of 2013.

With a financial outlay of about $500 million, the project which is expected to come on stream between January and February 2013, will, according to the project managers, guarantee steady electricity to the industrial city of Aba and its environs.

A management team from the firm, comprising the Project Manager, Group Five of South Africa, Johan Riekert; Project Manager Pauwels/EMO Africa, Slobodan Bajkovic; and Project Manager, ABB/GEC Power Lines, Joseph Otejere, stated that the first phase of the power project is nearing completion.

“This is an integrated power project because it has a power plant and distribution network where we also have sub-stations, power line as well as gas pipeline all embedded in the project,” said Riekert. “Phase one of the project has 140MW and phase two is 540MW which is to serve as additional unit to the existing one while the phase three is 100MW which will be come later.”

The project team also explained that Aba has three sub-stations and that sufficient electricity could not be delivered to the people because of inadequate evacuation infrastructure. This, they said, informed the decision to build another sub-station to complement the existing ones in Osisioma, Factory Road and Port Harcourt Road.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/nnaji%E2%80%99s-power-plant-set-business

7 Likes

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by SkyBlue1: 11:35am On Oct 16, 2012
It is like all power projects are coming online next year. Well, next year is just round the corner, and 2013 is either going to be quite progressive or terribly disappointing. Whatever the case, at least states now have the authority to generate power exclusively for their own use as granted by NERC, so some people need to start asking their state govenors what they are doing as well. If Nnaji's company can deliver power in Aba, good for him and good for them.

5 Likes

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by taharqa: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
Great Great...dis the way to go. Private cops and State govts can get involvd in any of d Power value chain, localise supply within a region and providing permanent solutns to same. Rivers, Lagos, Akwa-ibom, Bayelsa are already doing this, which wud force oda state govts to do same- 9jarian needs every additional power it can get. When this integratd project( Generatn and Distributn) by a Private company comes on stream, Aba and environs shld hv 24/7 Power. One can only imagine what this wud mean for the shrewd businessmen and manufacturers in Aba 'the Japan of Africa'. God BLESS you Prof Barth Nnaji......by d way, the Distribution companies wud be partially privatisd TODAY. These are Exciting times

4 Likes

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Daresh(f): 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
Good news for the manufacturing industry in Aba and in Nigeria as a whole. Cost of production needs to go down.
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Kemy11(m): 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
Atleast one goodnews coming from Aba. There ve been goodnews drought in that city for over a decade now. Praise the LORD! grin

10 Likes

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by cdamsel(f): 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
Wld believe it wen I c it undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by acidtalk: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
Truth be told, will Nigeria's BIG Oil players sit and watch Nigeria have steady power supply?

The likes of Emeka Offor, Wale Tinubu, Adenuga, Otedola, Dangote and others. Well no wonder they have all been scampering to all bid to own Power Plants.

Some so called Big Oil guys will definitely feel the heat when there is steady power supply in Nigeria.

Scarcity and Hoarding (like they are doing now) will now be the order of the day all year round.
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
I hope in the near future, Nnaji will expand his tentacles to all parts of the east.
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Gadgetmobil(m): 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2012
am so enjoying power now dat I pay my bills with speed and relish.
The best time to have Prepaid meter is now.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by otokx(m): 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
story, story let us wait till then.
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by jude33084(m): 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hmmm! Good news smiley now cost of production will drop cool

I trust Aba guys, τhis is no dulling in trems of mass production wink. I hope quality control will be put in place tongue
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by jawjaw1: 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
Way to go Prof., way to go!
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by lacasa: 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
*yawns* ..goes to the nxt story
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by iverson2319(m): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
Seeing is believing
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
Are all those megatwats for Aba alone ? Which other cities/states are included?
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
please they should also flex their muscles to imo state since its close to abia state. nice one from professor nnaji.
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva: I hope in the near future, Nnaji will expand his tentacles to all parts of the east.

But 1st he should reach the Capital of Abia and its environs...
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by webizone(m): 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
I wish I have my power plant too right now, ie if things are actually falling in place.
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Are all those megatwats for Aba alone ? Which other cities/states are included?

I guesss Imo and ebonyi...2nd and 3rd phase wink
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
jude33084: Hmmm! Good news smiley now cost of production will drop cool

I trust Aba guys, τhis is no dulling in trems of mass production wink. I hope quality control will be put in place tongue
[b][quote author=jude33084]Hmmm! Good news smiley now cost of production will drop cool

How do you mean, do you think this is shoe or Shirts
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Afam4eva(m): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

But 1st he should reach the Capital of Abia and its environs...
Of course. he has to conquer Abia state before moving to other parts of the east. But note that it may not be viable for him to spread to other parts of Abia state except Aba and Umuahia. he may want to spread to owerri, Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka and Enugu instead. It's business for him.
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Ournaija: 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
acidtalk: Truth be told, will Nigeria's BIG Oil players sit and watch Nigeria have steady power supply?

The likes of Emeka Offor, Wale Tinubu, Adenuga, Otedola, Dangote and others. Well no wonder they have all been scampering to all bid to own Power Plants.

Some so called Big Oil guys will definitely feel the heat when there is steady power supply in Nigeria.

Scarcity and Hoarding (like they are doing now) will now be the order of the day all year round.

I dont think they will let this come into fruition and allow Nnaji pour sand sand into their garri.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
jude33084: Hmmm! Good news smiley now cost of production will drop cool

quality control ke
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Profshyna: 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tanx 2 prof Nnaji 4 d future promising power stability in d East
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by DANILSA(m): 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2012
lacasa: *yawns* ..goes to the nxt story
BECAUSE NOBI ABOKI NA WHY U DE YAWN, U GO YAWN TIRE, GO BUY LACASARA AND GALA BEFORE HUNGER KILL YOU. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
Of course. he has to conquer Abia state before moving to other parts of the east. But note that it may not be viable for him to spread to other parts of Abia state except Aba and Umuahia. he may want to spread to owerri, Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka and Enugu instead. It's business for him.

Funny enough I dont know the state he comes from, was thinking Enugu, If he is from Abia then I will want him to run for Abia state gov.
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Beync(f): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
lacasa: *yawns* ..goes to the nxt story
will u appreciate good thing for once? even when it's staring right @ ur face, pls carry ur hungry stomach go hug transformer.

5 Likes

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by thelastPope(m): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
This is why he resigned and rightly so! Like GEJ said, he didn't commit any crime. The government knew he was building his own project and that's why they used him in the first place. For his competence.

The prof is an inspiration!
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Afam4eva(m): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Funny enough I dont know the state he comes from, was thinking Enugu, If he is from Abia then I will want him to run for Abia state gov.
He's from Enugu. Nkanu precisely. He's from that community where an Igwe was shot recently.

I remember he contested the Enugu governorship election some years back but was bullied in the party primaries.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by bory09(m): 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
prof barth nnaji is an experience guy when it comes to power generation and distribution. So whatever he says in that aspect he mean it and he will always achieve its plan. Aba people expect miracle from this man, he has done it in usa he will make aba a good start
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by octopusgb: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
prettyG:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/nnaji%E2%80%99s-power-plant-set-business

Who is still in doubt of what the erudite Prof can do? Prof. Nnaji does not only talk reform, he is indeed a positive change agent.
Re: Nnaji's Power Plant Opens For Business by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2012
Nice one with nice vision. trust Aba residents because PHCN is as good as dead once this geometric come on board as they have waited for it so long

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State / Police Kill Abductors Of Bamigbetan (Lagos Council Chief) / Reps Take Over Kogi House Of Assembly -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.