Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

wife material - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / wife material (1075 Views)

Examples Of House-wife Material In Pictures(what You Should Look Like) / Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

wife material by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
tongue
Re: wife material by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
Oko_AGB: Hello NLders.

I am a Benue guy, Idoma in particular. Met dis great Igbo gurl from Umuoji in anambra state and we ve been dating for 2yrs now. I'm thinking of moving to d next level and my family asked how much of the marriage traditions of her place I know. Frankly I don't know much and I don't want to ask her cos I don't want to create unnecessary pressure for myself just yet, besides I want an objective picture of everything.
she is d first daughter and her family are not based in d east, therefore didn't grow up in d east at all. These are some of the info I want including other helpful tips
1. What is d first step to take in approaching the family of the girl.
2. Is there anything special to note since she is d first daughter?
3. Estimated cost of traditonal "list".
4. Must the marriage take place in d east?

Am a big fan of inter-tribal marriage. 2 of my siblings are married to people of other tribes. I love this gurl. I just hope money won't be a barrier cos I ve heard so many unpleasant stories about marrying from d east but I want to believe most of them are exaggerated.

Thanks for ur anticipated responses

Really? Are there no more women in your village?? I think you are making a very big mistake ! You are probably marrying an " "... Nonsense!
Re: wife material by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
Why do u tink am making a mistake? Be explicit. If u can't tell me here send me a mail. Thanks.
As for d question abt girls in my village I'll just let it pass
Re: wife material by ifyalways(f): 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
Don't fret,he's just acting up cos you intend marrying his sweet sister.He caught the same bug as Pagan9ja though that one goes ballistic when it's Oyibo/AA-Naija union. tongue

@Topic,if this request is genuie and no hidden motives of starting up a WWE,the best and most appriopriate answer you'll get is from your girl,Go ahead and ask her! Why ?
There are no more set, rigid laws when it comes to bridal list and bride prize.Everything is now flexible and the girls dad( immediate family) can decide what to be or not. The community might have their own expectations but the girls dad and uncle weilds the most weight and everything ends at their table.

If you are thinking of marrying this girl someday,it's best you jokingly find a way to ask her how traditional marriages are conducted in her place,how she wants hers to be and what her expectations from her hubby on her t. wedding are.Some brides can be petty and want to milk their man dry just to show off,you know.

1 Like

Re: wife material by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
Are there no people from Anambra on nairaland? undecided
Re: wife material by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
Oko_AGB: Are there no people from Anambra on nairaland? undecided

Well,I am an Umuoji boy.
Re: wife material by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Well,I am an Umuoji boy.

An unhelpful one

(1) (Reply)

The National Pledge / We Know Yorubas, Baribas, Hausas, Igalas, Fulanis, Tivis, Kanuris, But...this? / Who Is Ladi Kwali: Everything You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.