Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood (26653 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies / Grammatical Errors In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
Its no news that our first lady has really made many people laugh due to her poor articulation of English Language, however our entertainment industry (Nollywood) seems to have overtaken madam Patience by miles in this area with their breathtaking "gbagauns" especially when shown in subtitles. This is more alarming when you realise that all these videos from Nollywood are being broadcast all over the world.

Perhaps it would help a lot if producers can just try to get people who can at least translate for them in proper English and stop this embarrasment

I was able to get some snapshots of hillarious "gbagaun" subtitled scenes in some Nollywood movies.
Enjoy:

http://thekushchronicles..co.uk/2012/10/the-gbagauns-of-nollywood.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
I agree with you daddy, but help me ask her., where did she get all this pregnant?

12 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
Susan, can I explanation? grin

7 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
Akin, the last time I came here, the play that we play cause my pregnant that's why cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
Let be happy, the deal is strucked!

What of if I does it?

8 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
cheesy
I should abortion?

Are you pregnants?

Did he bought them on your name?

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2012

I was dump folded, I have no word to alter!

Good morning, What if I don't good morning?

4 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Dahbutter(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
[size=40pt]Lmaol[/size] grin grin grin
Awon olodo

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Dahbutter(m): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
Chei! See as my people fall my hand for open air! *Ashame is catching me* embarassed grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Maleeq(m): 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
hahahaha....this thread is make me laughter alot! grin

8 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
ahh, kilode naw? why they no putting correct subtitle? just see as all these bullets don injure my eye.

5 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by kokoye(m): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
irecruit: NICE PICTURE, BUT DID THEY WENT TO NEW YORK JUST FOR PICTURE?

https://www.nairaland.com/1047385/pictures-ay-wife-mabel-new#12177575

1,500 Likes...and counting
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by rabonni(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
they are all yoruba movie rubish

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by 9jii(m): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hahaha this is very shy thing.
But I not blame them coz nobody is about mistake.

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Ramcie(f): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hehe! cheesy cheesy .yoruba movies are very interesting just the translation that kills it . What baffles me the most is that, in virtually all the Yoruba movies I've watched, a girl always gets pregnant outside wedlock. There is always " Mo ti loyun " am sure I didn't get the spelling right but I believe it's means " am pregnant " . I need answers plzzzz. Why must they always get pregnant it doesn't speak well of our society you know.

11 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by amosy007: 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
Choi.. See bombastic gramatical erroinism, fallinmetric from the oasophagus of our embamatricism nollywood translatorship!
I yaf die..

N:B- always make sure u are close to ur dictonary b4 u read my post grin

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Ramcie(f): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
" where did she got all this pregnant " indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by omooloye: 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
And all these are on AfricaMagic? Shai! I have no word to alter too. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ha ha ha!!! Are these peoples knowing english more than me? Btw, @op! Are you among of my mind? You putting wetin I wan posting after b4. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
lol grin
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by haruna1970(m): 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
@op. Those artiste converse in local dialect. They didn't utter such gibberish. Many of them act in Nigerian english movies. The fault is from tha translator who also passes as the editor of the film.

3 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by lolaluv1(f): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ramcie: Hehe! cheesy cheesy .yoruba movies are very interesting just the translation that kills it . What baffles me the most is that, in virtually all the Yoruba movies I've watched, a girl always gets pregnant outside wedlock. There is always " Mo ti loyun " am sure I didn't get the spelling right but I believe it's means " am pregnant " . I need answers plzzzz. Why most they always get pregnant it doesn't speak well of our society you know.

My dear, na so we see am....
Nowadays, that's the typical happening. Get preggies, then rush a walk down the aisle. SMH! undecided undecided
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by juman(m): 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
1000,000 likes .... and still counting. grin
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by omonla5: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
Lol

10 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by amosy007: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
rabonni: these are all yoruba movie rubish
igbos dnt translate becoz they speak english buh dey gbagaun more than these ..

This translation goes on noticed sometimes buh d spoken gbagauns are always obvious

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Standing5(m): 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
Boy friend mi yen to wa ni House of Senate

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by lolaluv1(f): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
@ topic
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yels, ke!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by monsuruad(m): 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
why are all these GBAGAUNS from our own yoruba movies? undecided
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by demolakol(m): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
These guys fall my hand bigtime!!!!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
amosy007:
igbos dnt translate becoz they speak english buh dey gbagaun more than these ..

This translation goes on noticed sometimes buh d spoken gbagauns are always obvious
Stick to the topic and leave Igbos out of your BS.

11 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Afam4eva(m): 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
I've seen some worse subtitles than this. Even in some Indian movies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bbnaija S4 Winner, Mercy Eke, Endorses S6 Housemate, Maria / BBNaija: Debbie-Rise Evicted From The Big Brother House / How Housemates Nominated Themselves For Fake Possible Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.