Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood (26650 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies / Grammatical Errors In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by jamal230(m): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Na 4 yoruba movie u go c al diz gbaguan
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by boron10(m): 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
flanrey: grin grin
Poor translations sha...
If you know the number of gbagauns recorded on NL daily you will weep... I can't help but wonder what some Nlanders smoke
Try and go through mynd_44's (the self acclaimed brainee)posts, you'll sure get a handful of gbagaun grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Diligence: 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
I think there is hardly enof tym to edit some of these translations considerg 'unique unity' of time, place and action as regards marketg these films, so anytg goes; such a pity...if u don't really want to translate to Englang, pls u myt as well leave it as 100% yoruba movie...

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
Seun shaGARRI: [size=24pt]I HAVE DEAD OOOO!!![/size]

Are you alright? Jeez! What a funny fvcking you!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by boron10(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
papaejima1:

The OP committed the WORST "gbagauns" with the bolded.
Is your spellchecker dead?
Breathtaking not breadth taking undecided
[b]Snapshots [/b]not snap shots undecided
[b]Hilarious [/b]not hillarious. undecided
Omo,I ring bell for you-o, gbagaun, gbagaun,gbagauuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Don't be an a.s.s, these are spelling errors.

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by deshclones(m): 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
Lol

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2012
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by AdeniyiA(m): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
abeg na understanding na im matter, no be our mama language.
BTW,if d person who wrote it made a mistake,wat abt d typewriter?
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by teeluv(m): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
meeen.. this english haff kill me oo. ahn ahnn kilode..
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by UNLEASHED(m): 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
That is the least fraction of the many 'gbagauns' I use to see. It is so funnies but you gatz to knows that English is not our fost languaje. I can make some snapshots of the little ones I see but first thing first, my gelfrend is pregnancy and gatz to go to horsepital.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by purplekayc(m): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2012
"What a betrayed" una go kill me for dz nairaland 1 day grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by BrutusOj(m): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
emmysenior: Ha ha ha!!! Are these peoples knowing english ; :DDmore than me? Btw, @op! Are you among of my mind? You putting wetin I wan posting after b4. cheesy
this is Nairalandwood gramatical error grin
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by searay(m): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ramcie: " where did she got all this pregnant " indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy
the prenants was got bought at Alba Market

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by searay(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ramcie: " where did she got all this pregnant " indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy
the pregnants was got bought at Alba Market
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by purplekayc(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
boron10:

No ne only spelling error... cheesy
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
these movies are the clinnest

saw that in a preview

1 Like

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by pek(m): 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
amosy007:
igbos dnt translate becoz they speak english buh dey gbagaun more than these ..

This translation goes on noticed sometimes buh d spoken gbagauns are always obvious
check your own English!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by jamoskky(m): 8:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
Nawa for dis our obodo Nigeria oooo. Guy u self no try at all u jst open dem yanch make d whole see.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
Meanwhile graduates of English language can't get jobs.

Pity.

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
Damn.....my people have killing me oooohhhhhh!
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
MOre grin grin

But why did chief acted this way?

2 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by tope3x(m): 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
OH MY GOD...LMAO...I CANT BELIEVE THIS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
boron10:

Thanx bro, I wonder why the guy is on my case sef dey carry dictionary pursue me, abi papajima1 dey work for Nollywood grin grin grin
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Abbott(m): 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
The person you have killed is dead. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by bigdoo: 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
Nice observation indeed. I have always seen such mistakes in some of our Nollywood movies, but could not be bothered as English is not our native language.
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by jkross(m): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
There are more quarks than pros in the Nigerian movie Industry..especially all these made in oluyole Ibandan movies..
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by papaejima1: 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
boron10:
And what would you call those subtitles, Typing Errors?
SMH
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
Y'all should stop justifying this shame with "English is not our native language"...It is our official language, dammit!!! There is no excuse whatsoever for someone to constantly shoot bullets unless he/she did not go to school. Try applying for a job with a gbagaun-filled CV and see whether your potential employer will consider whether English is your native language or not.

4 Likes

Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Yeske2(m): 8:54pm On Oct 16, 2012
juman:
1000,000 likes .... and still counting. grin
Mistake, 10,000,000 likes and counting. . . .
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by papaejima1: 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
swiftycool:

Thanx bro, I wonder why the guy is on my case sef dey carry dictionary pursue me, abi papajima1 dey work for Nollywood grin grin grin
The dictionary no hate you-o. Even google sef na ur friend! grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by Yeske2(m): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
lola.luv:
@ topic
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yels, ke!
As in?? That's my moniker and how do you mean?
Re: Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood by swiftycool(m): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ramcie: Hehe! cheesy cheesy .yoruba movies are very interesting just the translation that kills it . What baffles me the most is that, in virtually all the Yoruba movies I've watched, a girl always gets pregnant outside wedlock. There is always " Mo ti loyun " am sure I didn't get the spelling right but I believe it's means " am pregnant " . I need answers plzzzz. Why must they always get pregnant it doesn't speak well of our society you know.

But many english and other nollywood movies in other Naija languages do same now, remember the popular running to vomit scenes mostly of a very young girl, perhaps it potrays our real societal issues transcending all tribes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bbnaija S4 Winner, Mercy Eke, Endorses S6 Housemate, Maria / BBNaija: Debbie-Rise Evicted From The Big Brother House / How Housemates Nominated Themselves For Fake Possible Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.