Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria (12162 Views)

How To Spot A Fake Samsung Charger In One Picture. / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics / Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by gboyex(m): 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
Government officials and telecom operators in Nigeria have heaped praise on Nokia for the introduction of a solar phone charger. They believe the move will help to sustain continued growth in the mobile industry and offer users in rural areas a new opportunity to access mobile phones.

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) told IT News Africa/Bikyamasr.com that the move should boost efforts to increase mobile penetration within rural areas and “where there is not electricity in all homes, this new charger can alleviate the issue dramatically.”

Nokia said in a press statement that the DC-40 portable solar charger is now available in the country. Industry experts feel that this could help solve many of the problems that have plagued the country’s efforts to extend mobile phone penetration to rural areas.

“It is a pilot product designed and marketed by Nokia to test the viability of solar charging as an alternative mobile phone charging system,” said a report in The Punch, announcing the new charger.

With the NCC demanding telecom operators improve customer service and mobile operators complaining about a lack of rural access, the charger could be the boost the sector needs to enter previously untouched markets.

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2012/10/nokia-introduces-solar-phone-charger-in-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by francis247(m): 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
so what's the price and where can one get it?

1 Like

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by MadCow1: 11:02am On Oct 17, 2012
Okay
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Mankind8(m): 11:04am On Oct 17, 2012
Oboy, our money go finish for all these new method of extortion with tech oo.,
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2012
What of BlackBerry? Abi dem sef no go follow make solar charger? Ayam tired of carrying my charger about looking for where to charge my phone! angry

3 Likes

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2012
Nokia all the way. He do dey for SLOT?
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Standing5(m): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2012
Long Long Overdue . . . I can't wait to pounce on one of those and charge my 'call centre' forever!!!
BTW how much is it going to cost?
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Mankind8(m): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2012
Mankind8: Oboy, our money go finish for all these new method of extortion with tech oo.,
abi I lie?
no money to eat but we still buying what we cant eat at 100k +

1 Like

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Chookym(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2012
pls whats the price

1 Like

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by NET1(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2012
nice innovation.
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2012
berem: What of BlackBerry? Abi dem sef no go follow make solar charger? Ayam tired of carrying my charger about looking for where to charge my phone! angry

Looking at the displayed image, it seems to work with a USB cord.
Since our blackberry phones can also charge via USB, then its also a + for us!

1 Like

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:19am On Oct 17, 2012
this is nice.
hope other mobile companies will follow suite.
BB what are you waiting for?
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2012
great. so i should dump my iPhone for a Nokia. ??
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by alkadriyar(m): 11:22am On Oct 17, 2012
Exposing ur phone to the sun, you knw what that means.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Leemak: 11:23am On Oct 17, 2012
are we going to b putting our phones under d sun togeda wit d charger?......if yes, den our phones wil not last long ..........

1 Like

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by 360command: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2012
All you need is buy multi pin charger(complete set) which might not come with the solar device for charging phones.but what i want to kno is, can it charge my laptop? I guess its a NO.
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by mkpologwu(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2012
There will be electricity all over d country within d next few months! So y bother with solar charger!

1 Like

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by 360command: 11:29am On Oct 17, 2012
Leemak: are we going to b putting our phones under d sun togeda wit d charger?......if yes, den our phones wil not last long ..........
you dont need to put your phones under sun,its like a solar calculator,do you put or use your calculator in the sun? I guess not.once the solar charger is charged by the sun,it stores solar energy in it, so as you can charge it with your phone.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 17, 2012
gboyex: Government officials and telecom operators in Nigeria have heaped praise on Nokia for the introduction of a solar phone charger. They believe the move will help to sustain continued growth in the mobile industry and offer users in rural areas a new opportunity to access mobile phones.

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) told IT News Africa/Bikyamasr.com that the move should boost efforts to increase mobile penetration within rural areas and “where there is not electricity in all homes, this new charger can alleviate the issue dramatically.”

Nokia said in a press statement that the DC-40 portable solar charger is now available in the country. Industry experts feel that this could help solve many of the problems that have plagued the country’s efforts to extend mobile phone penetration to rural areas.

“It is a pilot product designed and marketed by Nokia to test the viability of solar charging as an alternative mobile phone charging system,” said a report in The Punch, announcing the new charger.

With the NCC demanding telecom operators improve customer service and mobile operators complaining about a lack of rural access, the charger could be the boost the sector needs to enter previously untouched markets.

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2012/10/nokia-introduces-solar-phone-charger-in-nigeria/
very nice ideal from Nokia to Africa
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Victorisrael(m): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2012
Hw much pls?
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by tempex88(m): 11:32am On Oct 17, 2012
this tin wey china don do full 9ja market na him nokia dey use boast. they have refused to be innovative hence blackberry snatch 9ja market from them. now that RIM sef has refused to be innovative watch apple or samsung take charge with their smart phones
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by tonym1(m): 11:34am On Oct 17, 2012
Its nothing new and they were already in the market, I have had one for over 5 years grin
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by GChux1: 11:35am On Oct 17, 2012
Mankind8: Oboy, our money go finish for all these new method of extortion with tech oo.,
You are not forced to buy. It's two ways, either you buy or you don't.
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by 360command: 11:35am On Oct 17, 2012
mkpologwu: There will be electricity all over d country within d next few months! So y bother with solar charger!
i guess u did not read d article well enough.hopefully.there will be electricity all over the country but will there be electricity in most rural areas? This device is not meant for people in the cities per say but its meant for the areas where there is no electricity.people in those areas will need it as long as its affordable.i was in a rural area where there is no electricity.i was faced wit two challenges which is no light to charge my phone and also no much of coverage network around except you go to hilly zones for signal to come.
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Emmaville(m): 11:36am On Oct 17, 2012
abeg, e fit charge blackberry fone? cool
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 17, 2012
This thing has been available since which year?
Re: Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria by Mankind8(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2012
then, nepa can go to hell abi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Is Recharge Card Sold In Your Area / January update: Download Dream League Soccer 2020 Mod For Android (DLS 20) / Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.