Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

What Is The Significance Of Easter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Significance Of Easter? (1196 Views)

Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Significance Of Easter? by karyurdey(m): 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2006
[b]Hmmm
Everybody do celebrate Easter but do we really understand what easter means. You can post your thought.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Easter? by exu(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2006
It's the day when Christians celebrate the suicide of their God.

After all he planned everything that has and will ever happen.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Easter? by welborn(m): 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2006
my dear exu, when you say things like this you expose the spite of your own heart. Even when you do not believe in a particular worldview, faith or ideology, do you have to be so acrid in your statements?
Re: What Is The Significance Of Easter? by karyurdey(m): 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2006
exu you dont have to discriminate. This is want is causing the religion crisi in Nigeria. Looking at what you have just said. Jude has said it all about this people in the book of Jude1 vs 10. Mind your speech next time. i will alos do as jesus did in his life time
GO AND SIN NO MORE
Re: What Is The Significance Of Easter? by exu(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2006
seeing as Seun hasn't read this thread or noticed the error in the title, I politely suggest that the initiator change the title:
"What is the significance of Easter?"

Also, for those complaining about what I said- please tell me how/if what I said was untrue.

You should be grateful that I even aknowledge the story of Christ- I could just dismiss it as a fairytale.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Easter? by welborn(m): 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2006
@exu, millions have dismissed it as a fairy tale or worse, so no one owes you an applause for even acknowledging the story of Christ. You can disagree with someone or a worldview without being caustic. Does that make sense?
Re: What Is The Significance Of Easter? by Horus(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2007
Easter: the hand-me-down myth

The truth is that those so-called wise and prudent theologians know absolutely nothing about the so-called resurrection simply because it never happened. Easter, or the celebration of the resurrection, is merely a tradition, a tradition that you have been taught from childhood, and coming into maturity you have accepted it because that is what you were taught. That is what you read bout. That is what your parents made you observed every Easter Sunday. Thus, you continued to go along with it and before you knew it, you had carelessly assumed what you now believe without question or proof. Easter is the feast of feasts celebrated in honor of the risen Christ. You have even reached the point where you will defend vigorously and emotionally your belief, a belief that can lead you straight to hell.

It has become human nature to flow with the stream, and to go along with the crowd, to believe and perform like those around you. And, even when you stumble on the truth, you will not believe because like the majority of the people, you stubbornly refuse to believe what you are unwilling to believe. There is an old saying that says:

He who is convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Source: http://factology.com/archive/20050326.htm

(1) (Reply)

Christ Doctrine Or Church Doctrine.which Is Gaining Ground. / My Resume By Jesus Christ (p.h.d Kingofkings) / Is God Fair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.