Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang (8448 Views)

Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / Picture Of Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa'adatu Barkindo-Musdafa / Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Idileke: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2012
A senior police officer was among the robbers who went on a shooting spree and killed 23 people in Dogon Dawa village of Kaduna State on Sunday, Emir of Birnin Gwari Alhaji Zubairu Jibril Mai Gwari said yesterday.
The robbers launched a pre-dawn attack on the village apparently to free their four detained colleagues arrested by vigilante days earlier. They killed the village head, one of his sons, some neighbours as well as nine worshippers coming out of a mosque.

Mai Gwari spoke yesterday when he received visiting Governor Patrick Yakowa, General Officer Commanding (GOC), 1 Mechanised Division, the state Police Commissioner and the Director of State Security Service (SSS).

He said the police officer in question led the team of armed robbers to Dogon Dawa, and urged authorities to prosecute him.

Later last night, Mai Gwari also spoke to Daily Trust, vowing to ensure the police officer faced justice.

“Since I made my statement in public and before the governor and other security chiefs, I know what I am saying. The police officer who my people and the armed robbers call OC led the gang to massacre my people,” the emir said.

“He has also attempted to stop the arrest of the four suspected armed robbers when the Dogon Dawa vigilante went to arrest them. After the Dogon Dawa vigilante had arrested the four suspects, the same OC followed them in a car and attempted to rescue the four suspects.

“In the same vein, when the gang of the armed men came to Dogon Dawa, the same OC directed the gang. He showed them the places to attack. Some of my people heard the members of the gang calling his name, OC, but he cautioned them to stop calling him with his popular name, OC.

“This is why I would personally ensure that the man is investigated and prosecuted for massacre because what happened at Dogon Dawa was massacre. The issue is not an issue of transferring the officer, it is an issue of taking the officer to court and (having him) prosecuted, which I would personally ensure.”

Daily Trust learnt yesterday that the Zaria Area Command of the Police Force ordered the arrest and detention of the police officer in question.

However, the emir of Birnin Gwari said that the officer is nowhere to be found, “and nobody can sweep this case under the carpet.”

Hours after the killings on Sunday, a survivor and son of the killed village head told Daily Trust he heard the voice of a police officer among the robbers who attacked the village.

“We are suspecting that (a police officer) might have accompanied the gunmen because I heard his voice. Another reason that makes us to suspect him was that when our men went to arrest the four suspected armed robbers, (he) told them that they would see the consequences of their action,” Abdulrahman Ahmad said.

Attempts last night to get the Kaduna State Police Commissioner Olufemi

Adenaike or the command’s spokesman DSP Aminu Lawal to respond to the Birnin Gwari emir’s allegation were not successful. Their phone lines were not connecting and they did not reply to text messages sent to them.

Mr. Adenaike was present when the emir made the allegation.

Earlier in the afternoon, DSP Lawal told Daily Trust that investigation into the killings had begun and that security had been beefed up in the area.

Governor Yakowa yesterday told residents of Dogon Dawa that his government has taken the necessary steps to protect their lives and properties. He said he had to cancel his foreign trip because of the seriousness of the attack, which he added would be discussed in today’s state security council meeting.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/178926-police-officer-led-kaduna-killer-gang-emir-says
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by brotherlyn(m): 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
Of a truth, signs of the end time.
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by LoaditeDOTcom: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
Let him be killed

1 Like

Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
Not surprised. Anything can happen in that legal terrorist group angry
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by mcevans1(m): 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
He should be stoned to death!!

1 Like

Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
Wonders shall never end.
Nigerians pls lets go back to the drawing board.
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by LoaditeDOTcom: 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2012
brotherlyn: Of a truth, signs of the end time.
brotherlyn: but He should be set as example.
brotherlyn: Of a truth, signs of the end time.
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by AMvanquish: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2012
Nigerian Police Force!! With all these negativity, even if u were 2
Give them a chance! U must have a rethink
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by phemybof(m): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2012
Among d gud dia must be bad. For jesus himsef av 12 deciple n 1 is an enemy til death. Nobody to trust in ds nation again,police,sss,army,navy.... Whose job is to protect ar heavy to be reliable. Sinc april 4,1988 wen dia uniform av bin change frm brow khaki to complete blak,since den dia life av bin change to begry n bribery life. i av bin fearin dem. It seems vigilantee is about to rulin n workin ad nw
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by hotwax: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2012
and some loons were here to say the attackers are Kaduna christians. Christians dont just attack. They only kill to revenge.

As stubborn as Kaduna youths are, they dont cause trouble and when those hausas starts one, they reply them back.

I knew they are not Kaduna youth.

1 Like

Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Goldenheart(m): 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2012
all of em re monkey with d red assss
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Goldenheart(m): 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2012
all of em re monkeys with d red assss
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
And some peeps said it was a religious attack. I was abused for pointing the truth.

They should bury their head in shame for lack of critical reasoning.
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by EXCELLENCEAbia: 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
The issue is not an issue of transferring the officer, it is an issue of taking the officer to court and (having him) prosecuted, which I would personally ensure.”
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Wsdm: 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
There is no organize crime that goes unchallenged in this country without the involvement of the police. It is when we start seeing injustice done to other as been done to us that we will overcome this brutality. May they rest and the reverse of peace should go to the perpetrators of this heinous crime.
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by OSIBOY2(m): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
All north sucks nw,coz d bad once have spoiled d names of d gud once
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by BJ4REEL(m): 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
Truth be told,80% of those policemen are mere touts nd hoodlums...most of dem illiterates....i once witnessed a scene,where a policeman was harassing a harmless woman...he was shouting and threatning her wit his finger on d TRIGGER (more lyk,ready to shoot)....
Lol....i wsnt d one being confronted,but i really feared for that woman that day,..coz even his colleague dat tried 2 calm him down,was vehemently rebuffed....
D woman get liver sha....i alwayz advice,avoiding confrontatn at all cost,wit a policeman,especially wen dey are armed....b4 dem carry person do test-run.....life no get duplicate abeg.....

Bottom line....d police force we have NOW ,is beyound redemption!
Unless sumfin is done fast,lyk overhauling/purging d force of all d illiterates......
Nowadayz,itz almost impossible 4 a crime 2 be pepertrated,without their finger print all over d place.....

2 Likes

Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by EXCELLENCEAbia: 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
The issue is not an issue of transferring the officer, it is an issue of taking the officer to court and (having him) prosecuted, which I would personally ensure. he is vowing now because a traditional ruler died and officials came. If it is a common man The officer will disappear.
Nigeria Sorry, THE dead Sorry, law enforcement prosecute and officer die WITH your gang
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by kabba7(m): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
The problem of the police passeth all undersrandind but then they are a reflection of the larger Nigerian society,whose ruling class are brigands.
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by mrrock: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
All these points to one thing.
Signs of a failed state.

1 Like

Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by jude33084(m): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
According Ť☺ τhe emir, τhe case should not be swept under τhe carpet meaning τhe Emir has seen cases swept under τhe carpet by τhe police before? undecided Hmmm! Wahala dεy oh! cheesy
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by 1shortblackboy: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
Well I guess no one is suprised that a police officer is a prime suspect in this. Of all d state agencies na dem worst pass

1 Like

Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Fidelcruiz(m): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
Idileke: A senior police officer was among the robbers who went on a shooting spree and killed 23 people in Dogon Dawa village of Kaduna State on Sunday, Emir of Birnin Gwari Alhaji Zubairu Jibril Mai Gwari said yesterday.
The robbers launched a pre-dawn attack on the village apparently to free their four detained colleagues arrested by vigilante days earlier. They killed the village head, one of his sons, some neighbours as well as nine worshippers coming out of a mosque.

Mai Gwari spoke yesterday when he received visiting Governor Patrick Yakowa, General Officer Commanding (GOC), 1 Mechanised Division, the state Police Commissioner and the Director of State Security Service (SSS).

He said the police officer in question led the team of armed robbers to Dogon Dawa, and urged authorities to prosecute him.

Later last night, Mai Gwari also spoke to Daily Trust, vowing to ensure the police officer faced justice.

“Since I made my statement in public and before the governor and other security chiefs, I know what I am saying. The police officer who my people and the armed robbers call OC led the gang to massacre my people,” the emir said.

“He has also attempted to stop the arrest of the four suspected armed robbers when the Dogon Dawa vigilante went to arrest them. After the Dogon Dawa vigilante had arrested the four suspects, the same OC followed them in a car and attempted to rescue the four suspects.

“In the same vein, when the gang of the armed men came to Dogon Dawa, the same OC directed the gang. He showed them the places to attack. Some of my people heard the members of the gang calling his name, OC, but he cautioned them to stop calling him with his popular name, OC.

“This is why I would personally ensure that the man is investigated and prosecuted for massacre because what happened at Dogon Dawa was massacre. The issue is not an issue of transferring the officer, it is an issue of taking the officer to court and (having him) prosecuted, which I would personally ensure.”

Daily Trust learnt yesterday that the Zaria Area Command of the Police Force ordered the arrest and detention of the police officer in question.

However, the emir of Birnin Gwari said that the officer is nowhere to be found, “and nobody can sweep this case under the carpet.”

Hours after the killings on Sunday, a survivor and son of the killed village head told Daily Trust he heard the voice of a police officer among the robbers who attacked the village.

“We are suspecting that (a police officer) might have accompanied the gunmen because I heard his voice. Another reason that makes us to suspect him was that when our men went to arrest the four suspected armed robbers, (he) told them that they would see the consequences of their action,” Abdulrahman Ahmad said.

Attempts last night to get the Kaduna State Police Commissioner Olufemi

Adenaike or the command’s spokesman DSP Aminu Lawal to respond to the Birnin Gwari emir’s allegation were not successful. Their phone lines were not connecting and they did not reply to text messages sent to them.

Mr. Adenaike was present when the emir made the allegation.

Earlier in the afternoon, DSP Lawal told Daily Trust that investigation into the killings had begun and that security had been beefed up in the area.

Governor Yakowa yesterday told residents of Dogon Dawa that his government has taken the necessary steps to protect their lives and properties. He said he had to cancel his foreign trip because of the seriousness of the attack, which he added would be discussed in today’s state security council meeting.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/178926-police-officer-led-kaduna-killer-gang-emir-says
We should all be careful these days and also try as much as we could to stay out of trouble because I ve noticed that we don't read good news any where again. God have mercy on me, my tents and my land Nigeria. Let us all pray for peace of our country irrespective of religion or culture.
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Sevenpound: 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2012
no wonder pple have lost all hope in d nigerian police

2 Likes

Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by bigmaut: 12:39am On Oct 18, 2012
Sevenpound: no wonder pple have lost all hope in d nigerian police
We don suffer fo naija after 52 yrs of indpdent d centre can nolonger hold things fall apart undecided
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by ektbear: 12:49am On Oct 18, 2012
What is the name of the policeman?

2 Likes

Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:37am On Oct 18, 2012
OkwaIfugo: Wonders shall never end.
Nigerians pls lets go back to the drawing board.

Wetin u want draw? Ah ok, I forgot. The new Nigerian Map without Bakassi? Ok I will help you distribute the maps.
Re: Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:39am On Oct 18, 2012
ekt_bear: What is the name of the policeman?
Officer Commanding(OC) of the strike force.

(1) (Reply)

TRIBE: So This Is What Tribal Marks Look Like, Opinions Please (GRAPHIC IMAGE) / Second Lieutenant Among Nigerian Soldiers Killed During Capture Of Ikonson / Buhari: We Will Improve Security, Revamp Economy Before Leaving Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.