Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) (58205 Views)

Patron Of Matrimony (the Complete Story) / The Complete Assassin / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by movmentish(m): 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
Come @op after u manage make me smile today u com vex me again......guy post the remaining part abeg jor
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by d7thcaller: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
[quote author=vascey]

You forgot to add ' Praaaaaaaaaisseeeee the Lord, Alleluyaaaaa"

Ahahahahahahahahahah
Lmao
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by damola1: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
I don read am finish.. d boy sabi write, hin head correct..
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Adeebiwa09(m): 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
Guy, burrows ryt? Let me start by WARNIN U, U SHLD KNW DAT 9JARIANS R INPATIENT U BETA BRING DAT TIN OUT NW, b4 we get hookd up wt anoda.
But i must truely comend u, ds story s superb i tel u, ds r d tins we nid 2 dvelop wt, mre grease 2 ur elbow. Its lik d first or secnd story i read wt litle or no sensuality bt stil vry interestin, wow, gud job my guy
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by derus(f): 7:45am On Nov 07, 2012
Y not go to AFFORdable dy a more reliable. kiss
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Evie007: 8:17am On Nov 07, 2012
better hurry with the new episodes oh
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by DAvIt0(m): 8:44am On Nov 07, 2012
nawa oooo
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by fijiano202(m): 8:47am On Nov 07, 2012
when is 6-10 coming out,ur awesome,the way u mix ur english,pidgin and yoruba with the street credibility is awesome
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Ifilinwa(f): 8:50am On Nov 07, 2012
Abi u pple blind ni?? D OP said "Episode 1 - 5" u dey want 6.. If na merlin naw, na ow many episode u go c for season 5, buh stil u go jeje dey wait.. @OP, abeg episode 6 neva wan come out, abi na season 2 we dey wait for??
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by kufzy: 10:17am On Nov 07, 2012
Na beg i dey beg u, try complete dis story
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by thedareafolabi: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
EPISODE SIX - THE MAN: ALHAJI S.K.SALMAN

“Edwin Babatunde Alexander”. Alhaji called, reviving me from the shock of his initial statement. “We want to build, develop and maintain a vibrant Client Base Development Department for all our businesses at SKS, we know that is what you do at El-paso and you do it very well. We also know you are the “Arrow head”, you know the models and strategies very well and I understand you are not well celebrated too.. Tell me, how much is your annual income?” He asked.

“Two point six million sir” I lied

“Well, that means you earn an average of two hundred and twenty thousand naira monthly? Not bad, any other benefits or grants?” He questioned,
“No sir” I replied, I know this man knew I lied the first time and I won’t lie to him again, he is a very intelligent old man.

“Babatunde,” Alhaji continued, ” I know your Boss does not pay you has and when due, my sources also tells me you are a very intelligent, hard working, and diligent lad, I have noticed you are humble, full of life and handsome too.

What are you doing in El-Paso? Babatunde what?

SKS wants to build a world class Client Base Development Department and you have the job has the overall head if you want it.
To start with SKS will double your present annual income, get you a suitable apartment for your new status, an official car of your choice to go with it and you and your family also have an all expenses paid three week holiday yearly, I choose the destination.” He paused looked in to my eyes, then continued

“To show our commitment that we want you as one of our own, our lawyers can meet to discuss and secure your job legally, so you can do your job with piece of mind, but Babatunde, I am a man of my words, you can do your findings about Salman Kashimawo Salman, you will not be disappointed and Allah is my witness I will treat you like my son” He explained patting me on the shoulder

“Thank you sir, I appreciate your generous offer, but I’ll need time to think about it sir, I am sincerely excited, I can’t make any decision right now, I beg you to give me time to think it through, I will get back to you soon” I requested very gently.

Alhaji continued; ” I know how you feel, Babatunde and sure, I will give you time to take your decision, Allah will guide your path” he gave me another pat on the back as he invited to show me his mansion.

In the garden, Alhaji told me the story of his diligent beginning in Offa a beautiful town in southern Kwara State Nigeria, his missionary school education and how he got a scholarship to study in Kings college London. He returned home in 1974 to work for Kingsway Nigeria Ltd as a junior accountant, there he rose to the position of chief accountant before leaving to start SKS Consulting in 1986, An Accounting, Auditing and Capital Development and Advisory Firm. He told me the sad story of how he lost his beloved wife, Alhaja Meinunat Ibiwunmi Salman to cancer five years ago, the mother of his three kids, Funke Kafilat salman, Sulaiman Kashimawo Salman jnr and Omolabake kareemat Salman.

Alhaji also took time to ask me about my past, my parents and my future plans, I answered diligently and sincerely, he shared fatherly advice with me at some point and I marveled at this man again.

I love this Guy already.

You guys nko?

Funke caught up with us in the garden and walked me to my car, I almost asked her if this was a set up but I was too excited, nervous and tired to talk, I just wanted to get home lock my door and be alone in my room.

I opened the passenger door of the SUV and the red eyes of my friend welcomed me, I apologised lightly, Funke noticed and whispered” eeyaa, I forget to send food to your driver, he must be tired and hungry”, loud enough for my guy to hear.

She opened her purse, squeezed some notes in her hand and stretched it to my “Driver”. I winked and begged him to collect it, I almost laughed loud. I apologized to wole “my driver” and teased him to share his tip with me to lighten the atmosphere.

” How did it go? You nailed it abi” he Asked

“Not yet jare, so how much is your tip?” I joked back

The tip was five thousand naira, we laughed at Funkes gesture and Wole warned me not to have anything to do with her, else he will “do tafofo” for Anike.

I promised to fulfill my end of the deal and I forced another “5k” in his top pocket as I dropped in front of my house.

“Oko Anike baby...!” Wole teased

“Oko Ruth”. I replied before he zoomed off.

Now, I am alone on my bed, tired, hungry, blank, worried, restless, and excited at the same time.

It is going to be a long night and a longer weekend… my people help me o…..

3 Likes

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by thedareafolabi: 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
enjoy it guys, soory you had to wait this long.... thanks for all your comments o... your boy just dey do hin thing ni.. unah head dey dia too... ori yin wan be..!

3 Likes

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Foxybone(m): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
thedareafolabi: enjoy it guys, soory you had to wait this long.... thanks for all your comments o... your boy just dey do hin thing ni.. unah head dey dia too... ori yin wan be..!

Wow.... Come and ride on oo... Meanwhile..... Anyone that criticises this thread can receive this..... grin grin grin
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
your head dey there too. hmmmm... see as everybody was just guessing anyhow.lol. moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee cheesy
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by confieey(m): 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hope we wont wait that long again abi? You are good nevertheless. The moral lesson off this story so far is that 'Packaging' is a virtue! grin
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
OP, a few grammatical errors here and there in your last piece but it is good nevertheless.

1 Like

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by confieey(m): 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
Foxybone:

Wow.... Come and ride on oo... Meanwhile..... Anyone that criticises this thread can receive this..... grin grin grin
Chineke meeeeeeeee! ROTFWMTLU! cheesy[quote author=Foxybone]
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by semid4lyfe(m): 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Episode 6 dropped the ball somewhat.

It wasn't as interesting as the previous episodes. . . .
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by legendprac(m): 9:30pm On Nov 07, 2012
Subscribing
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Evie007: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2012
cry why is it sooooooooo short
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Turbocharged: 8:43am On Nov 08, 2012
Guy, you're on point. Carry go
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Telthetruth(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
thedareafolabi: EPISODE SIX - THE MAN: ALHAJI S.K.SALMAN
I love this Guy already.

She opened her purse, squeezed some notes in her hand and stretched it to my “Driver”. I winked and begged him to collect it, I almost laughed loud. I apologized to wole “my driver” and teased him to share his tip with me to lighten the atmosphere.

i see....... from the description of your episode 2, i put it to you that you already love to work with S.K.SALMAN.

It is going to be a long night and a longer weekend… my people help me o…..

indeed yea.... praising God for the new job...............lol

i believe ur partner is gonna be expecting a better outcome from................becareful on hw u handle it oooooooooooo
good one though
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by LloydIy(m): 9:22am On Nov 09, 2012
Nice one again, but would appreciate you take your time for the remainder of the stories. smiley
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by prettiest1(f): 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
Won't you take up the job offer? What will you tell your soon-to-be ex boss cos from the look of things, that contract will not be given to him. will you now return the money you collected from him? hmmmm God has really sliced and buttered your bread. Don't waste time to think before alhaji change his mind.
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by UjSizzle(f): 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ohmygawd! Y'all guessed wrong hehehe.
I love your story OP, even though this last episode didn't make me laugh as hard as the others.

You should take Sisi_Kills advise and make this a tele stuff like scrubs smiley.

Waiting for the rest.
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by brat4222(m): 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
Nice write up. Keep it up.
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Ice4jez(m): 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
the problem with dis stuffs is dat the write take long to paste the rest so pple get fustrated.make i go carry novel way i know start n finish jor
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by thedareafolabi: 10:19am On Nov 14, 2012
Episode Seven - “CROSSROAD”

It is 3.a.m in the middle of the night. I have had less than three hours of sleep since I left The Salman’s residence yesterday, I can also confirm to you that there are twenty small squares of ceiling in my room, something I have never noticed….

“Should I call Anike? I thought,

No, if I do, she will know something is wrong with me and I will have no choice than to tell her, but I don’t want to tell her yet, not even over the phone.

I should call “Maami” then, but what will a grown man like me be doing calling his mother in the depth of the night like a baby.

My Dad nko? Forget the guy jo, he is too strict, he will just tell me to take the right decision and remind me of how he took care of himself without disturbing his parents when he was my age, if i am lucky and he is in a good mood, he will order me to go and pray about it and take my decision as directed by God… Hmmmmm…

How about My Boss chief Kosamotu Alake, What should I tell him? How do I even explain what happened to him?, first, I must return the Advance he sent to S.K’s P.A, since Alhaji S.K Salman has concluded no contract for El-Paso, what will I say is the reason for the return now? The Boss is smart he will suspect foul play and I dare not tell him I am leaving to take up an appointment with SKS consulting, I will be called degrading names; Traitor, shameless greedy boy, “Woman wrapper” and all, that is if he doesn’t curse me and call security to throw me out of El-Paso plaza.

The Boss has been taking advantage of me for a long time, I have worked for him with nothing to show for it, and he only paid me on Wednesday to motivate me so we can win the Salman’s job. Why should I consider or even pity him? Ehn..? Why… I need a plan; a way to get out of this, one extra brain won’t be too much to ask for right now Baba GOD.

The soulful sound of the call to prayer from the mosque on my street reminded me it was 5.30a.m as usual, I rolled to the side of my bed, went on my knees and started to pray..

“Dearest God in heaven, I know you love me, I have always seen your hand of favour in all that I have embarked on in my life, thank you now and always, Dear God as you already know, I am confused, worried and scared about the course of my life and successful existence on earth, “Oluwa o” you are the God of wisdom, you blessed David with the wisdom to defeat Goliath and you stood by him, pleased God, I am facing my Goliath now bless me with the wisdom to make the right decision and stand by me through the journey.

Dearest God, I am scared o, but because I have you I will worry no more. Bless my parents, my siblings and my heart; Anike, protect us all from evil now and always. Amen.”

I read the psalms like mum says I should always do and crawled back in to my bed, trying very hard not to worry.
Some minutes passed and my heart beat was increasing again, I pick up my phone and dialed Anike’s number..

“Hello Anike baby mi” I teased trying hard to hide my worries.

“Her husband” she replied.. ” Why is your voice like this Tunde? That your oga has over used my husband again abi? God will kuku deliver you from his claws”

“I think he has”, I thought to myself and continued..

” Are you still coming over?”

“Yes I am, but not as early as I promised, have to take my mum to my tailor but I will come sha…. oh. I see… Someone is missing someone already ehnnn.. Oko iyawo oo” She joked.

I confessed to missing her without the fear of been teased, I also begged her to branch the market on her way down; I have missed her wonderful vegetable soup.

I ended Anike’s call and dialed my mum’s number immediately….

“Maami” I called thinking she wouldn’t know who was calling her this early but she did,

“Ah! oko mi, Babatunde Ajani okin, how are you? How is work? And Anike? I have missed you o…..” She sang in a frail voice..

We discussed other family matters before I confessed my worries, she praised me and reminded me of how promising a son I am, she also promised to pray for me and I know that includes consulting her pastors.

she warned me not to rush anything and I should not discuss this with anyone again, ” if your harvest is bountiful, you do not announce it to the world” to use her exact words. She told me my Dad was attending the Community development association meeting when I finally asked of the old man and promised they will both call me later in the day. She prayed for me as usual and we ended our yarn.

I dropped my phone and tried to clear my head and it rang again, I pick it up and Guess who..?

Its Funke Salman.. “Hello,” she sang with that alluring voice again.

I was so confused I didn’t know how to answer..

“Hellooo!” she sang again,

And I finally mumbled. “Hi, Funke, how are you? How is Alhaji...? ”

“Hey, Babatunde, we are fine, sorry if I woke you up o” she begged.

“its okay” I replied.

“Ehhm, I was thinking if your schedule isn’t too tight for the week we could hang out, one of my girlfriends is having a little birthday party on Wednesday at her house in Magodo and I am officially inviting you as my company, what do u say?”

“Ah, Madam, this is a great honour oo, but…” I tried to reply but she cuts in.

“Babatunde no buts jo, just an atmosphere to gist and get to know each other outside the formal stuffs and you are acting like it s a kidnap… we might soon be colleague you know.. Oya jo.. Let’s start getting use to each other and it’s a great honour for me too”. She begged,

See me o, Funke Salman invite me for date I dey form.., wetin dey do me sef? Babatunde, you better smart up and follow her, this will give you the opportunity to get some info and confirm some things too, abi what do you guys think?

I finally agreed to the date and she told me to wear whatever I like, party time is 5p.m and I will join her in her office.

Immediately Funke was off the line the thoughts of Anike sneaked in to my mind, “if she catch you. Huh.. Babatunde, you are playing with fire” I warned myself. But no shaking jo, it’s me nah, “E.B.A The Phenomenon.”

Well, It is not certain I will take the job yet, some things are not clear to me about the whole thing and The Salmans, is it share luck orchestrated by God that made my Boss send me to SKS?, or The Salmans planned and waited for my Boss to send me over? And that He did. Funke and this her party invitation nko, she wants to flirt with me abi?, it’s obvious, even you guys know, well time will tell…..

My eyes are heavy, I think I will take a nap while I wait for Anike and leave you guys to go about your normal day too.. Thanks for standing by me to this point my people, See you on the other side.

By the way will one of you guys please help and wake me up, if you notice I am talking in my sleep please…..

2 Likes

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by kolaoloye(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2012
Good job.Keep it up. grin
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:16am On Nov 14, 2012
Oh my Gawd! I love how the story is going. . .

Can't wait for Episode 8

1 Like

Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Ice4jez(m): 11:37am On Nov 14, 2012
god save u .was about coming for u when i saw the next episode.truely na ur mama born u.oya take five
Re: TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) by Lawconfessor(f): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2012
Becoming really impatience.....dis story should be coming up fast I beg ooooo.

Good work all the way @op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.