Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (24260 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by benbrains(m): 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
[size=20pt]NO, it Is not a sin[/size]

But, it is strongly recommended that U̶̲̥̅̊ stay off because of the spirit behind it and the thought it inspires.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
This ? has been boggling my mind for long..until God did something strange (as HE always does) about it. I needed to buy a memory card at ikeja and it was on a sunday when the computer villa is empty. Met no seller but met a guy selling charger and other electricals on my way going who dug one out but didnt read on my phone. He then brought another,this time a used one which my phone accepted. On quick check i noticed and saw the used card CONTAINED MORE THAN 100 FOREIGN GOSPEL ROCK SONGS MOST OF WHICH I ONLY HEAR ON SUNDAY RADIO AND WISHED I HAD ON MY MEM CARD. And the koko is that i love secular rock songs soooo...toooo much! Nickelback,puddle of mud,coldplay,dido,3 doors down,creed,cranberries,iris,....and i dont know what to do! I feel God knows i love rock and He needs me to get down with gospel rock,praising Him than be down with secular,worldly rock that sound so good like Dido's "Life for rent",or Nickeback's "Photograph",Coldplay's "Speed of sound and Clocks",Puddle of mud's "Take it all away",....God please talk more to me,pleeease, You know i love You and love singing and shouting Your praise.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by matrixme(m): 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
I personally believe that there are fine secular songs that just portray the state of mind of the artiste, not really illuminati-minded or something that are worth listening to. I wouldn't want to mention names. After all, songs have always existed before Christianity came. I also think that there are many genres of Gospel music nowadays that could keep one hooked and continually listening-in, ike rap, rock, R&B and the likes, if you don't allow yourself to be indoctrinated into believing that the devil now possesses all gospel artistes that are singing extreme music genres. We're mostly being blind-folded religiously these days from the spontaneity of life.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Adeebiwa09(m): 1:01am On Oct 19, 2012
In my experience, it is sinful for a christian to do anything not approved by his pastor.
Whilst the rest of us just get on with life and enjoy the little pleasures, the christian spends all his life wondering whether everything he does, or even thinks, is sinful.
Poster, get a life. If secular music bothers you, do not listen to it.
[b][/b]
Wel whle i agre wt most of wat u say we nid to b vry kiaful of wat we call pleasur cos ova 90% of it is or can lead to sin, by d way drs ds tin goin abt dat makes pple tink d christian lif s borin, my guy i v neva seen or xperienced anytin lik it talk abt just hvin joy ovaflowin in u constantly na praya make we talk, bible study, manifestatn, results name it, guy d christian lif s enjoymnt. Dnt let a pastor b d only 1 2 tel u do ds, dnt do ds, u no get bible go n study n ask God to teach u wat to do...
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by tpia5: 1:11am On Oct 19, 2012
secular music or what passes for "textspeak" here on nl?

what exactly needs to be discussed, of the two?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Adeebiwa09(m): 1:18am On Oct 19, 2012
Abt whether secular musics are ryt or nt, i wuld say dat to a vry large xtent its nt gud 4 a christian to listen to dm, reasons are:
1. Dy dample ur spiritual life or activities, tink of tryin to pray or read ur bible and al u kip hearin in ur mind or head is doz songs its hard 4 u 2 hear God or comunicat wt hm.
2. Its modifies ur mind and tink, its nt because sme1 is iluminati or nt, luk around u wat d kind of lif or mindset doz wu are engrosd in it v.
3. Its usualy money and time wastin, instead of usin ur time 4 important tins u go 4m one to anoda playin doz sound b4 u knw it u v nt dne wat nids to b don or aw much u spend 4 albums and shows, screamin whle standin e.t.c
4. It corupts d mind, mst of d sound produced 2day hz no meanin, sme1 singin abt wat hapend 20yrs ago wats my busines, worst of al s d video dy use stupids n posesd gals wu cme and dance eroticaly xposin sensitv part of dr body, dats nt gud 4 a christian, imagine listenin to songs abt sex, smokin, drunkenes e.t.c
stil dr are sme u may listen to, one of d tins d bible say we shld speak of(and listen to) are tins dat minista grace to ur soul, songs dat tel u u wl make it, u r g8t, or wl b g8t, abt nigeria bcmin beta e.t.c i dnt tink anytin s wrng wt dat as lng as it meets d abv 4 requirement

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Ezebu(m): 3:27am On Oct 19, 2012
if u wish 2 be a medical doctor,u go 2 medical school,read medical books & write their exams.If u pass u get a licence 2 practice medicine.Same applies 2 Christianity & heaven.1st Corinthians 10:31 says,"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God"
verse 11 adviced us not to cause any1 to stumble & d@'s what we do when we listen or watch secular music video it begins to show in ur action:boys braiding & wearing earrings,girls dressing indecently thus leading fleshly minded ppl 2 immoralityU r what u hear,read,see,etc.Why did God advice us in Joshua 1: 8?Does what happen in beer parlours,club etc glorify God?Hw long shall Christian continue to be carnally minded comforming 2 d world?No ye not d@ 2 b carnally minded is death?Read ur bible always 2 learn d ways of God,Watch 1Gospel channel 331 for ur gospel music,watch good Christian broadcasting channels and dont waste ur tym watchn things d@ takes u away 4rm God.email chucksezebu@yahoo.com if u want further explanation.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Ezebu(m): 3:28am On Oct 19, 2012
if u wish 2 be a medical doctor,u go 2 medical school,read medical books & write their exams.If u pass u get a licence 2 practice medicine.Same applies 2 Christianity & heaven.1st Corinthians 10:31 says,"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God"
verse 11 adviced us not to cause any1 to stumble & d@'s what we do when we listen or watch secular music video it begins to show in ur action:boys braiding & wearing earrings,girls dressing indecently thus leading fleshly minded ppl 2 immoralityU r what u hear,read,see,etc.Why did God advice us in Joshua 1: 8?Does what happen in beer parlours,club etc glorify God?Hw long shall Christian continue to be carnally minded comforming 2 d world?No ye not d@ 2 b carnally minded is death?Read ur bible always 2 learn d ways of God,Watch 1Gospel channel 331 for ur gospel music,watch good Christian broadcasting channels and dont waste ur tym watchn things d@ takes u away 4rm God.email chucksezebu@yahoo.com if u want further explanation.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Zodiac61(m): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
afam4eva:
Jesu Christi cry

@topic
I think as a Christian, you shouldn't be listening to songs that don't glorify God. But the thing is, if we're to follow the scripture religiously then there are so many thing that we should not be doing apart from listening to secular music and they include; Having unbelievers as friends, Wearing clothes that are wordly etc
Continue living in the christian ghetto.
What exactly are clothes that are worldly?
Why do you people make christianity out to be moronic?
Do you ever consider the insanity in what you write?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Adeebiwa09(m): 1:05am On Oct 20, 2012
Ehn, actualy dr s such a tin as worldly clothes, ds rubish abt christianity bin outdated or old skul s vry iritatin and stupid. Wat u wear ax urself if Jesus wl wear it, luk at boys sagin, plaitin hair, putin earrings, tattoo, wearing g.string e.t.c and gals wt panty holes, mini, micro, spageti, bum short, tank top, d rubish dy cal fashion wt dr cleavage, bra n pants showin e.t.c al around(actualy ok if u wear dm insid ur aus) are al worldly and r nt to b worn by christians bt wat dy do 2day dy justify by been civilizd, nonsence, pls we nid 2 b kiaful and dnt fal short of God
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Zodiac61(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2012
glucogenic: wink

So Ur Pastor approves evrything U do? God is the standard NOT a Pastor.
You make an unwarranted assumption that I am a Christian or that I have pastor. Unlike you, I think for myself.
But something occurs to me, why has so much time and space been wasted on such a stupid question?
Surely, the poster such be able to read what the bible says about listening to secular music. Afterall, it is claimed, on a regular basis, that it has all the answers.
The fact that such a question has to asked, and the fact that there has been no definitive answers shows that Christians just make up the rules to suit them.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Zodiac61(m): 8:58am On Oct 20, 2012
Richy.:

Funny statement bro. so if your pastor said to you fast and Pray for a week and your wife approached you; for you to fulfill your matrimonial duty within that week, you simply tell her pastor said i should zip up for a week abi? lipsrsealed
You clearly do not understand sarcasm.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by glucogenic: 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
Zodiac61:
You make an unwarranted assumption that I am a Christian or that I have pastor. Unlike you, I think for myself.
But something occurs to me, why has so much time and space been wasted on such a stupid question?
Surely, the poster such be able to read what the bible says about listening to secular music. Afterall, it is claimed, on a regular basis, that it has all the answers.
The fact that such a question has to asked, and the fact that there has been no definitive answers shows that Christians just make up the rules to suit them.
Can U read? If U can read my post again!
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by AdexOmoby(f): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
Some secular music still have very good lyrics while some dont. I think its the lyrics dat mkes up a very good song, not the name. I wud advise u dnt listen to any music that isnt good for ur ears;all those ash, butts and turn me on, lick ma bla bla kind of songs dnt av good lyrics.
U wud knw a good lyric by the kind of experience u have in ur body and spirit.
Som music makes ur mind dirty and imagine all bad sorts. Does arent goood. I wud advise you listen to songs dat have good worth, help u think postive, big and show very good human sense of decency whether dey are christain lyrics or not.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by highyo: 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Xymc...:
I have just been really haunted recently by this and i'm sure many other people have this problem. So i decided to ask here to possibly get an answer... If you can help,please do!

u can get possessd demonically by listening to things like that
because it only bring glory to satan and not God
what belong satan can be dedicated to satan and he alone can possess the listener;
remember he was once the leader of choir
he will acused you in the presence of God.
See that is singing my song, he is praising me, he is my property, he is mine
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Bosch10(m): 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
Xymc1:
Sorry bout that,i meant secular. But what are your views or opinions?
why listen to secular ones,when there are many soul inspiring xtian songs by many anointed pple
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Bosch10(m): 7:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
Truth is, a heavenly concious christian wouldn't listen to a secular song..

Imagine your pastor singing songs of lucifer (Jay z & the likes) .. imagine your bishop dancing with 2face, shouting "nothing dey happen"..

and.. not all "gospel songs" is good for a heavenly concious christian.. nowadays, "gospel" singers act and dress like niggas, gangsters, touts and hooligans.. very soon, gospel singers would fix ciggarette in their mouth on stage.. very soon..

someone said "people want to sin ..and do it in Jesus name"..
I say again, people will start kissing in church in Jesus name, people would start drinking and smoking in Jesus name.. every body now wants to Sin in a christian way.. nobody is a sinner.. we all are christian.. but we still admire the unclothedness of lady gaga and beyounce smiley we love it when jay z praise lucifer with hard core raps... haha ... grin smiley oh f o o. lish christians of the 21st century... oh how we love Big Brother Africaaaaa!!! grin we love it when that guy sleeps with that girl in the house... *winks* wow!! fun time... smiley
What a lovely show.........!!
Hehe... how about those sexyy videos... *winks* hehe... Oh hallelujah... in Jesus name on Sabbath.... Holy spirit is doing something in yout life right now!! grin grin you'll ride your new car in 30days time... Hallelujah...!

#Oh I weep for my generation... ##
i respect ur anointing sir.keep it up.may u nt backslide in Jesus name
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by tpiah99: 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
You shouldn't be on nairaland if you hold these views.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Xymc1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
Bosch10:
why listen to secular ones,when there are many soul inspiring xtian songs by many anointed pple
Hmm, good point!
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Bosch10(m): 6:13am On Feb 04, 2015
Xymc1:

Hmm, good point!
that is it o my broda,the christians of today do look for ways to gratify their sinful wayz.some pple wil quote the bible to back themselves up,and they wil land in hell.may God help us

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by tpiah11: 4:47am On Feb 05, 2015
^ why did you type this in sexuality section:

Bosch10:
I went to a brothel today bt the ashewo dey complain say i dont know how to bleep.She complimented my dick as huge,bt she says that i dont know how to use it.It has become 2 to 3 ashewos who have been saying that.moreso i found out that having sex is not as easy as people think.i feel pains all over my body and i feel so tired and sex becomes boring to me.if i dont do anything to it,i know that my future wife will have cause to complain.pls how do they bleep,help a brother

and then deleted it after i called you out on it?

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by tpiah11: 4:49am On Feb 05, 2015
does that mean you are a regular brothel customer who also jumps on the bandwagon when your ilk open thread to denounce the sin of the day?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Bosch10(m): 5:30am On Feb 05, 2015
tpiah11:
^ why did you type this in sexuality section:

and then deleted it after i called you out on it?

i was a genuine xtian before.i fell that very day.I deleted it when i realised the extent of my stupidity

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by tpiah99: 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
2 or 3 ashewos is not one day.

Shows you are a regular customer.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by Vanderandrew(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
I listen to circular music, even though I am a Christian, As a matter of fact a write circular music for some of my friends into music.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? by eibra: 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2016
imagine...if David when he sang d demons possessing Saul fled because the song was inspired by the holy spirit,what then do you think secular music will do to your soul and spirit?,the truth is whatever the world i.e the crowd goes for is always a counterfeit,it was written come out of among them and be ye seperate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As a Christian How Will You Handle This / Bishop David Abioye Preaching In Nasarawa State / "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.