Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October (11101 Views)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / How Kabir Grabbed A Man’s Testicle To Survive Hajj Stampede. Vanguard News / Eid-el- Kabir Day To Be Marked 26 October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by Sodiq33(m): 6:32am On Oct 18, 2012
Eid-el- Kabir Day to be marked 26 October print
Published on October 17, 2012 by · No Comments

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, on Wednesday declared 26 October as Ed-el-Kabir Day following the sighting of the new crescent on Oct. 16.

This is contained in a statement signed by the Chairman, Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs to the Sultanate Council, Prof. Sambo Junaid.

The statement said, ” The sultanate council advisory committee at its meeting on October 16, reviewed reports received from various moon sighting committees across the country.

“They have duly confirmed the birth of the new moon of Zulhijja, 1433 After Hijra of the Holy Prophet with effect from Wednesday, Oct. 17, which is the first day of Zulhijja.

“Friday, the 26 of October, is the 10th day of Zulhijja, 1433 AH, which is the Ed-el-Kabir day.

“His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar wishes all Muslims a happy Ed-el-kabir. May Allah accept our religious deeds, Ameen.”

From Saudi Arabia also came reports that The Saudi Supreme Court on Tuesday announced that pilgrims would ascend mount
Arafat (Standing on Arafat) on October 25 and that the first day of the Islamic calendar month of Eid Al-Adha will be October 26,

The court said that the lunar month of Dhul Hijjah would start on Wednesday, October 17, in accordance with what had been reported
to the Supreme Court by courts and committees in charge of sighting the crescent of the lunar month of Dhul Hijjah.

A statement from the Saudi Arabia government issued by the Director of Public Security, Gen. Saeed Bin Abdullah Al-Qahtani,
posted on the Arafat official Website, announced the Arafat day as pilgrims from various countries including Nigeria converged
on the Holy land..

“Prince Ahmad Bin Abdul Aziz, Minister of Interior and Chairman of the Supreme Hajj Committee, will on Saturday evening inspect
arrangements for this year’s Hajj season,” the statement added.

The statement disclosed that no fewer than 1.4 million pilgrims from 160 countries have so far arrived for this years Hajj.

Pilgrims from Nigeria are about 95,000.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/17/eid-el-kabir-day-to-be-marked-26-october/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by jigawatts(m): 8:31am On Oct 18, 2012
God bless us all and grant us all the blessings of the Eid and make us witness many more celebrations.......... In sha Allah ..... AMIN smiley

I broke d jinx... First to comment grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by obicentlis: 8:32am On Oct 18, 2012
Make we fly? Mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by HayZee06(m): 8:38am On Oct 18, 2012
obicentlis: Make we fly? Mtchewwwww
Must u comment on wat doesn't concern u...mtseew

7 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by HayZee06(m): 8:41am On Oct 18, 2012
Happy Eid in advance 2 all muslim bro nd sis...may we witness more of it. AMIN

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by sushieater: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2012
oga no vex, atleast it comes with a public holiday

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by eastman11: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2012
Let the Sultan use the Ed-el-Kabir festival to strongly condemn religious violence and Boko activities and start a campaign for religious tolerance. His inability to use his position as head of muslems to speak out against killings by Boko makes him an accomplice.
He should equally champion the cause of education in the North with the same zeal with which they are struggling for power at the center, the level of illiteracy in the North is horrible.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by Foxybone(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2012
jigawatts: God bless us all and grant us all the blessings of the Eid and make us witness many more celebrations.......... In sha Allah ..... AMIN smiley

I broke d jinx... First to comment grin grin grin

Yeah.. I just pray that Boko Haram keeps it low during the celebrations, can't imagine horse riding being cancelled.... Choi!!!

Anyway, have your dad been found
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by u3fine(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2012
WiLl that 26th be declared a public holiday?
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 18, 2012
Eyin Oluwa Eyin Mimo, Fun jo Atorun Wa Mimo Ayo Ta ye Ko le Fun Ni
Oluwa Lo Fi i lele
Lati Ko Ru gbin lo so orun so run so do baba mimo
Oluwa yi ☺ yan ojise re si nu ijo mimo yi...
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by sindyko(m): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2012
U are welcum EL-DIL-KABIR, HALAN WASALAM WAMORI ABA.
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by sindyko(m): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2012
U are welcum EID-EL-KABIR, HALAN WASALAM WAMORI ABA.
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by dammiedot(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2012
Long story, when is the public holiday please? And I tot it was gonna be two days?

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by jigawatts(m): 8:52am On Oct 18, 2012
Foxybone:

Yeah.. I just pray that Boko Haram keeps it low during the celebrations, can't imagine horse riding being cancelled.... Choi!!!

Anyway, have your dad been found

NOT YET OOOO, I have put ma trust in God, I dont need to worry, Life goes on wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by JOYJACOB: 8:52am On Oct 18, 2012
u3fine: WiLl that 26th be declared a public holiday?
Before? dey might even add monday to it. wink jez hoping coz i danm need a holiday

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by obicentlis: 9:04am On Oct 18, 2012
HayZee-06:
Must u comment on wat doesn't concern u...mtseew
Cos am afraid to hear of bomb blast.
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by kunletade(m): 9:07am On Oct 18, 2012
May we witness the celebration in peace... But e for make sense if the celebration fall on the 25th... But all the same we say Aliamdulilahi Robialamin
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by maclatunji: 9:15am On Oct 18, 2012
jigawatts:

NOT YET OOOO, I have put ma trust in God, I dont need to worry, Life goes on wink wink wink

True. Yet, may he return safely.
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by mdbissalla(m): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2012
its ur wish to fly or not. as for me, keep flying and never return... bizi body
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by djojo(m): 9:20am On Oct 18, 2012
insha Allah we shall all witness this year EID in joyful, peace and happiness and i pray for all my mothers, sisters, brothers and fathers who will be performing their Hajj for their money, energy and time will not be in vein.

we that did not go to Hajj let us pray and fast on Arafat day May Allah subhana wattalla accept our Ibadah.Amin
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 18, 2012
eastman11: Let the Sultan use the Ed-el-Kabir festival to strongly condemn religious violence and Boko activities and start a campaign for religious tolerance. His inability to use his position as head of muslems to speak out against killings by Boko makes him an accomplice.
He should equally champion the cause of education in the North with the same zeal with which they are struggling for power at the center, the level of illiteracy in the North is horrible.

Maybe you expect him to carry megaphone and come to the front of your house before you know he has been condemning BH and religious intolerance in general. If you don't listen to the news, then that is your problem. Google is your friend still. Google 'Sultan condemns boko Haram/religious violence' and see what comes out. Some people sef.

Or you expect him to carry gun and go battle BH himself before you know he condemns it.

4 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by shyna501: 9:36am On Oct 18, 2012
₪☺, private holiday!! Mayb Ʊ jst came frm zambia. Ʊ're askin' if there 'll be public holiday
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2012
Happy Eid-l-Kabir in advance! May Allah accept our sacrifice, enable us to witness many more of it and be pleased with the entire muslim faithfuls ameen.
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by maxygirl(f): 9:47am On Oct 18, 2012
Is it just on the 26th? i thought it was usually 2 days
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by MurphyG1(m): 9:54am On Oct 18, 2012
Happy Eid-El-Kabir to all muslims. May Allah make us to witness more and more of it in good health, wealth and happiness. Amin!
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by sunkoye: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2012
eastman11: Let the Sultan use the Ed-el-Kabir festival to strongly condemn religious violence and Boko activities and start a campaign for religious tolerance. His inability to use his position as head of muslems to speak out against killings by Boko makes him an accomplice.
Education is the last tin on his mind.the more the north is educated the more the sultan loose his absolute power and grip. if the oba in ma village sneezes, i'll give him procold...lol

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by realsammie(m): 10:01am On Oct 18, 2012
well, i'm only looking foward to the meat and public holiday
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by AAAdam(m): 10:09am On Oct 18, 2012
shol: Eyin Oluwa Eyin Mimo, Fun jo Atorun Wa Mimo Ayo Ta ye Ko le Fun Ni
Oluwa Lo Fi i lele
Lati Ko Ru gbin lo so orun so run so do baba mimo
Oluwa yi ☺ yan ojise re si nu ijo mimo yi...
aikin banza, harara a duhu.
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by zangbah: 10:28am On Oct 18, 2012
MAY ALLAH accept our worship and grant us paradise. islam the most organised and only true religion chosen by Almighty God for all mankind
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by zangbah: 10:34am On Oct 18, 2012
realsammie: well, i'm only looking foward to the meat and public holiday
Your love for muslim is only for food and worldly. look up to Islam and understand muslim the more, they are human being like you subject to mistake and correction.may God help us
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by eastman11: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2012
Jarus:

Maybe you expect him to carry megaphone and come to the front of your house before you know he has been condemning BH and religious intolerance in general. If you don't listen to the news, then that is your problem. Google is your friend still. Google 'Sultan condemns boko Haram/religious violence' and see what comes out. Some people sef.

Or you expect him to carry gun and go battle BH himself before you know he condemns it.

It seems you find it difficult to digest English, I said Sultan should STRONGLY condemn Boko and their madness, that means he ought to mount a serous campaign against Boko ideology and their distortion of koran. He is the custodian of Islam and should use his position to set the record straight on the best way to practice the religion which you claim to be peaceful. I mentioned education because i know Yeruba muslems can not engage in this kind of mad extremism you see in the North, their own wahala na tribalism which does not bother me since it cannot affect the cost of garri.
Re: Eid-el-kabir Day To Be Marked 26th Of October by zangbah: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2012
Jarus:

Most people comes to know that BH was the creation pdp, mis5, mis6, cia and mosaad just to create confusion and the north is there first target, those who opposed them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can the Imam Stand Higher Than Those Behind Him for Prayer? / Believe In The Prophets and Books- False Beliefs Attributed To Some Prophets. / Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.