Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,440 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:25 PM

A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) (940 Views)

Greenmouse Website Wears A New Look (review Needed) / Website Review Needed / Postoffice.com.ng - Review Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by greenmouse(m): 8:08am On Oct 18, 2012
Dear Nairalander pls help me review this school website,

Its meant to be colourful following its a school primary website.

www.havilahroyalschools.com

Lets do the test run together.

Thanks alot.
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by yawatide(f): 11:11am On Oct 18, 2012
IMHO, of all the sites you have submitted here for review, this is the best!

1) On the home page fading photos section, the first photo features a boy in green with pot belly. I think his presence in that photo spoils the whole thing. I would take it out.

2) Contact form submit button goes to a broken page

3) Photos section: Just name the nav bar, "photos" and use one of the many free jquery (for instance) slideshow plugings. The way you are going about it now, if they have 1,000 photos, that page will be super long. Besides, such plugins will make the page more attractive.

Good job!
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by Afam4eva(m): 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
The website is colorfully beautiful.

I've not checked other parts of the site yet...

Nice work though.
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by OkwaIfugo(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
Even though at the top right hand corner the about us and contact us are going away from their boxes still I can throw away 2 salutes to you.

I love the event page. You are really trying in your trade.
80% for my ratings.
Keep it up.
Kudos.
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by yawatide(f): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
Two more things:
- Especially on the "teachers" page, consider adding their names. That will make it more personal.
- On the page with pictures, get rid of the header image at the top. This will give the page more real estate and make it look less busy
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by greenmouse(m): 11:53am On Oct 19, 2012
Thanks my fellow webmasters,
I appreciate n will update some of the suggestion in sequel to what the client want.
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by sisqology(m): 12:11am On Oct 20, 2012
Where do you get all these jobs from :s
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by damola1: 1:30am On Oct 20, 2012
A nicely done site. Clean..... also, get a better logo at the top left hand corner.. Will be proud of the site if I was the skool owner.. good job..
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by greenmouse(m): 10:12am On Oct 20, 2012
damola1: A nicely done site. Clean..... also, get a better logo at the top left hand corner.. Will be proud of the site if I was the skool owner.. good job..

Thanks so much, the owner love it with passion....
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by greenmouse(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2012
sisqology: Where do you get all these jobs from :s

@sisqology, Is God that gives me the Jobs.
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by sisqology(m): 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2012
greenmouse:

@sisqology, Is God that gives me the Jobs.

Forget jare and give me one wink

Between, the menu items are overlapping! Ɣọ̥μ̥ need some spaces(padding) there
Re: A Nursery/primary School Website(review Needed) by dxter486: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2012
Very nice site. Thumbs up!

I think you have reached your goals in terms of design and functionality. Here are few minor things I noticed:

- The Mission statement text overflows to the footer in FF only.
- Schools Section content overflows at the bottom in FF only.
- There are several images that are missing ALT tribute:
images/logo.jpg
images/home.png
images/slider1.jpg
images/slider1.jpg
images/slider2.jpg
images/slider2.jpg
images/slide3.jpg
images/slide3.jpg
images/slide4.jpg
images/slide4.jpg
images/slide5.jpg
images/slide5.jpg
images/play_children.jpg
images/DSC_0361_filtered.jpg
images/DSC_0153_filtered.jpg

- There is no description metatag
- It would be nice if you could add Favicon

There are a couple more small issues. I checked your website using http://iwebchk.com, here is the report for your site:

http://iwebchk.com/reports/view/havilahroyalschools.com

Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Are Not Making 6 Figures As A Webmaster / I Need Someone To Partner With My Blog... On A 50/50 Sharing Deal. / How To Generate Traffic To Your Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.