Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,956 members, 7,803,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan (9346 Views)

Cultist Clash: 9 Students Shot Dead In Abia State University (ABSU) / No Cult Clash In YABATECH, Management Says / 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by mukina2: 2:00am On Oct 19, 2012
SOME students were injured while a number of vehicles were vandalised when students of Government College, Ibadan (GCI) and Apata Community Grammar School engaged one another in a clash in Ibadan, Oyo State, on Thursday.

As a result, commercial and academic activities were paralysed for some minutes at the schools and in the area, Apata-Ganga area of the state capital.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that trouble started on Wednesday, when some students from both schools went to engage in gambling, during which a student from Apata Community Grammar School, simply identified as “Idan,” was alleged to have manipulated the game.

On Thursday, some of the students of Government College who lost their money to Idan the previous day, stormed the premises of the Apata Community Grammar School and beat up the boy. This led to a free-for-all.

Sources said the GCI boys were overpowered and fled to mobilise their mates, who laid an ambush for the students of the Apata Community Grammar School during the closing hour.

When the Nigerian Tribune visited the scene at about 3.00 p.m, some teachers of GCI were seen using canes to send students back into the school premises.

When contacted, the state police command said no vehicle was vandalised, adding that it was only a mere argument among the students.

The state Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr Clement Adoda, told the Nigerian Tribune in a telephone interview that the divisional police officer (DPO) in charge of the area said there was nothing like clash among the students.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/lead-stories/49465-secondary-school-student-gamblers-clash-in-ibadan
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Afam4eva(m): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2012
Nobody wants to be outdone by bokoharam and Aluu...Even secondary school students? Na waoo

3 Likes

Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by OgeneDom(m): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2012
Why are Nigerians becoming violent in every little misunderstanding. People should have the fear of God to foster unity and peace in our country.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by venorite(m): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2012
And these useless police will always say otherwise....nigeria and nigerians,which way forward?
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Rooneyboy(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2012
are they really sure those are secondary schools ?
If really they are then indeed Nigeria's future is "VERY BRIGHT"

3 Likes

Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Lastuff007(m): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2012
na wa o. dats how cultism starts
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2012
I didn't know there were still students in these secondary schls that fights like this.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2012
Chai! Ihe neme...going down the memory lane,i remember our fights and tussles against our seniors then.There was neva an inter school fight.but now...Ihe Neme!
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Profkomolafe(m): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2012
Those boys are the upcoming NUTRW &RTEAN of oyo state... Among those boys, we have the upcoming LAMIDI ADEDIBU

2 Likes

Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by fankasibe: 9:05am On Oct 19, 2012
These students are d true Nigerians, their act could eventually lead them into d state house of Assembly,Rep, or senate.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by PlantainBoy(m): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2012
Too bad.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by johnstar(m): 9:06am On Oct 19, 2012
Ow dose dis concerns lag ppl undecided
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Twhizzy1993(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2012
madt boys
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Jayloy: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2012
naija don finish. SMH and leave thread.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Seemyfather(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2012
Cha! Gone are those days... Anyway, that was then sha.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by sunnyp1(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2012
Foolish boys how much them dey put #10 hissssd
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Sike(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2012
Na wa o!
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by teniyi(m): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2012
In Islam, gambling is prohibited!
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 19, 2012
Those small boys, eh! Next story please..
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Esinwaju: 9:37am On Oct 19, 2012
Seemyfather: Cha! Gone are those days... Anyway, that was then sha.
Memories I tell ya. It used to be deadlier in those days. Secondary school students with broken bottles, sticks with nails driven in to them and even charms! One weapon that readily comes to mind is the butcher's knife, popularly referred to as the ''Lebe''. Every bad boy went to school with one because you never could tell when the other school would attack. Principal cups and inter-house sports used to be very tense chai!

4 Likes

Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by seedord247(m): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2012
This is a thing that happen everywhere in the world especially usa not nigeria alone and most of us that graduated from naija high school passed thru this so stop the hyprocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by blackmale(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2012
lmao,,,@ ;IDAN;..which kind name be that! grin
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Feraz(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2012
teniyi: In Islam, gambling is prohibited!
Did the article mention anything about Islam? undecided undecided
Our education is really finished

2 Likes

Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by dridowu: 10:08am On Oct 19, 2012
D 9ja i grew up is PEACE but now violent here and there. But y God ?
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by dridowu: 10:10am On Oct 19, 2012
teniyi: In Islam, gambling is prohibited!
is d article above related to religion ? Mr Teminyi, am so ASHAME of u. NITWIT

1 Like

Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by gbadexy(m): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2012
Esin waju: Memories I tell ya. It used to be deadlier in those days. Secondary school students with broken bottles, sticks with nails driven in to them and even charms! One weapon that readily comes to mind is the butcher's knife, popularly referred to as the ''Lebe''. Every bad boy went to school with one because you never could tell when the other school would attack. Principal cups and inter-house sports used to be very tense chai!
Na sooooo.
U sabi! Are you based in lagos?
In my school then(government college lagos), there was even a time one student brought a double barreled gun in a nap sack during such encounter.
They use lebe and UTI, plus enough charmed rings.
Its good that such things are gone in secondary schools now.
I guess the police people know why they said mere argument because that was pale compared to what happens in the late eighties and early nineties.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by femozy0311(m): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2012
Govty Boys, that is in them. They will never succumbed to any form of a ride from anybody. it's just unfortunately that great schools like GCI is now breeding bad products, though this is common among secondary schools from generation to generation. The fact remain that as long as the school, i.e.. Government College Ibadan, continue to be the one hosting Apata community high school, there will always be clashes between them. This is not the first time and I don't think it will be the last. Just because of claim for supremacy among them.
I could remember a scenario where some students of Apata community high school was walking while we are on the assembly ground reciting school song and national anthem, many years ago (23years), the act of those students cost
the whole of their school a serious beating and they were chased out of their school premises. And many of such clashes occurred that I witnessed..
That is GCI I used to know
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Worthyisthelamb: 10:13am On Oct 19, 2012
[quote
author=Esin waju]Memories I tell ya. It used to be deadlier in those
days. Secondary school students with broken bottles, sticks with nails
driven in to them and even charms! One weapon that readily comes to mind
is the butcher's knife, popularly referred to as the ''Lebe''. Every
bad boy went to school with one because you never could tell when the
other school would attack. Principal cups and inter-house sports used to
be very tense chai![/quote]

you are right. gone are those days when we were still in 'Aye Brown'!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Should Students Focus On: Future Ambition Or Course Of Study? / ASUU Strike: Detailed List Of Schools That Have Joined / SUMMARY - In Dependence By Sarah Ladipo Manyika [1]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.