Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances (5355 Views)

NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi / NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / Senate Approves Increment Of Nysc Allowances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by semid4lyfe(m): 3:35am On Oct 19, 2012
Written by Taiwo Olanrewaju, Kola Oyelere and Ademola Adegbite Friday, 19 October 2012

SOME members of the Batch ‘C’ corps members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), in Adamawa State, on Thursday, were stranded in Yola, the state capital, following the non-payment of N20,000 state allowance by the state Post-Primary School Management Board (PPSMB).

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the corps members, immediately after the collection of their discharge certificates at their various local government areas, besieged the PPSMB office for their allowances, but were disappointed, as their names were omitted in the list.

Addressing them in his office, the state director of PPSMB, Alhaji Haruna Tola, attributed the problem to negligence on the part of school principals, adding that the board had compiled the list since February.

10 bag awards in Oyo
In Oyo State, 10 out of the 3,560 2011 Batch ‘C’ corps members, who successfully ended their service year and had their passing-out parade ceremony on Thursday, distinguished themsel-ves while an undisclosed number of corps mem-bers had been penciled in for sanctions.

The state NYSC direc-tor, Pastor Olaonipekun Alao, in his speech at a brief ceremony held at the secretariat of Ibadan North Local Government Area of the state, noted that two of the 10 corps members bagged the state honours award, while others got the chairman’s award.

He, however, added that names of erring corps members had been sent to the NYSC disciplinary committee, adding that he was awaiting further instructions from Abuja.

State chairman of the governing board of the NYSC, who is also the Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Mr Dapo Adesina, described the corps members as the best in Oyo State so far, adding that the governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, was impressed with them.

The two corps members who got the state award were 27-year-old Igba Teso and 24-year-old Odunayo Elizabeth Amosu.

Teso is from Gboko, Benue State and a gradu-ate of Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi. He served at Ilora, where he built a block of two classrooms for First Baptist Primary School, Ilora.

Amosu is from Iworo, Badagry, Lagos State, a graduate of the Lagos State University (LASU), who served at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan and bagged the chieftaincy title of Atunluse of Iseyin, for donating grinding machi-nes, pop corn machine and N25,000 to widows in Iseyin.

5 to repeat programme in Kano
In Kano, the state NYSC coordinator, Alhaji Bashir Salisu Yakasai, said five corps members, who absconded during the service year, would have to repeat the exercise.

This is just as he said out of the 2,100 members that registered in camp, 1,079 redeployed due to alleged security challenges.

Speaking during the passing-out parade in Kano, Alhaji Yakasai said eight of the corps members who served in the state got different awards.

Alhaji Yakasai, however, charged prospective corps members to be deployed in the state not to entertain any fear, saying adequate protection of their lives and properties would be guaranteed.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/49480-corps-members-stranded-in-adamawa-over-allowances
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by donigspain(m): 5:41am On Oct 19, 2012
**smiling**
You all know why am happy, right? gringrincheesy
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by tchaik(m): 5:55am On Oct 19, 2012
5 to repeat programme in Kano
In Kano, the state NYSC coordinator, Alhaji Bashir Salisu Yakasai, said five corps members, who absconded during the service year, would have to repeat the exercise.

Absconded? Is that the correct term? So the youths should stay in BH infested States? Hell NO!!!!
Those 'corpers' should be given a medal, and until this BH ish is properly addressed; many more will still abscond!

3 Likes

Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by azimibraun: 6:06am On Oct 19, 2012
I left plenty of money in sokoto cos I had no time 2 wait for what am danm sure wnt come.. Dt ws before Boko haram o! I jst wonder wt dis kids are still doin in adamawa in d Boko era. May b dey wnt 2 mk headlines" stranded corp members Bombed or shot dead by suspeced boko haram members. Aint u guys lucky to hv bin alive in dt state?
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 19, 2012
Hmn,
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by Burger01(m): 6:37am On Oct 19, 2012
O ma se o. You guys better forget the allawis and get your butts outa there. Adamawa wan play wayo with ur monies. They know you guys wouldn't risk your safety for the damn paltry allawi. Please come back home. Don't make headlines with Boko Haram. Safe journeys to you all.
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by antontech(m): 7:16am On Oct 19, 2012
They are alive after 1 year in adamawa,they should leave that place now or boko will strike...
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by passionate88: 7:19am On Oct 19, 2012
Those adamawa ppsmb people bad.. Them dey bank on d fear of bh so that d students go run leave their allowances... Northern thieves...
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by Twhizzy1993(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2012
this na bad tin o.wen will naija start keeping to date stipulated
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by ifyalways(f): 10:55am On Oct 19, 2012
This govt is heartless !

Students that went up north against all odds and at great risks to themselves have to beg to get their paltry allowance
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by Peter262: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2012
ADAMAWA NA MY HOMELAND, BOKO HARAM DOESNT HAVE A PLACE IN MY STATE SO U GUYS SHOULD BETTER MIND UR BIZNESS, AS FOR THE CORP MEMBERS,,GOD WILL SEE THEM THROUGH
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by Mankind8(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
Peter262: ADAMAWA NA MY HOMELAND, BOKO HARAM DOESNT HAVE A PLACE IN MY STATE SO U GUYS SHOULD BETTER MIND UR BIZNESS, AS FOR THE CORP MEMBERS,,GOD WILL SEE THEM THROUGH
guy na u put ursef 4 people mind o... Adamawa is the most piecises_ful ni!!! Blood seeking land. MAY I NOT BE POSTED NORTH NEXT TWO WEEKS
Re: Corps Members Stranded In Adamawa Over Allowances by CrazyMan(m): 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2012
ifyalways: This govt is heartless !

Students that went up north against all odds and at great risks to themselves have to beg to get their paltry allowance
That's Nigeria for you my dear...

(1) (Reply)

LEARN THIS SKILL, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID. / I Need Help About My Trip To Katsina For Nysc / Nassarawa Batch A 2015, Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.