Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? (7045 Views)

Why The Wrong Sleeping Position Can Kill Your Baby. / 10 Incredible Uses Of Bosom Milk / Tips For Nursing Mothers On How To Increase Bosom Milk Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by intrepid: 4:38am On Oct 19, 2012
Women in the UK and U.S are selling their bre@st milk online, despite serious concerns that it could be harmful for babies. Mothers can donate and receive breast milk for free via milk banks. These centres store bre@st milk for babies whose mothers can't bre@stfeed. However, they give priority to babies who are sick.

Mothers are using community forums, including Facebook, to make some quick cash out of their extra milk.

Buying bre@st milk is tempting to new parents struggling to express their own, as it provides babies with better protection against illnesses and allergies compared to formula. The banks collect expressed milk from pre-screened mothers who have a plentiful supply and a baby under six-months old. It is then pasteurised before it is offered to nearby hospitals.

But today doctors in Germany warned new parents against privately obtaining their baby's food through social networks such as Facebook.

The Professional Association of Pediatricians said that although bre@st is generally the best option for newborns, mothers unable to bre@stfeed should not turn to the internet.

SOURCE

Women are selling their bre@st milk online and buyers are buying too. As this is happening in the Western countries now with the attendant problems, some of our people will soon begin to see it as the new ''swag'' for whatever reasons they may adduce.

I am yet to understand fully why a healthy woman who has no bre@stfeeding or bre@st milk production impediment would choose this.

So question to NLDers, would/can you buy bre@st milk. . .even from an approved bre@st bank to feed your baby?
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by ektbear: 5:50am On Oct 19, 2012
I wasn't even aware of this. But now that I am, yes...it seems to be more nutritious/beneficial for babies than formula.

So if my wife couldn't breastfeed, why not?
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by Gudintent: 5:58am On Oct 19, 2012
N to the capital NO!

Eeeeeeeughhhhhh undecided
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by greatgod2012(f): 5:59am On Oct 19, 2012
So, they now sell breast milk, hhmm, nothing wey no go happen 4 dis world but............ I dont know what to say again, na wa o!
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by Christambasador: 6:05am On Oct 19, 2012
Very touching...
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by jamp: 6:09am On Oct 19, 2012
Yes naaa.

If you can buy treated cow milk for your baby why can't you buy treat human milk for baby.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by ektbear: 6:10am On Oct 19, 2012
jamp: Yes naaa.

If you can buy treated cow milk for your baby why can't you buy treat human milk for baby.

well said
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by UmericanGirl(f): 6:17am On Oct 19, 2012
I received breastmilk from other mamas for one of my children. I did not go through a milk bank because they pasteurize it. I prefer to leave the milk intact and get all of the benefits for my child. Pastuerizing kills too many of the good bacteria and changes some of the compounds of milk. In the case where I received it for my son I was unable to produce enough on my own. He had to be fed through a tube.

I have also pumped my own breastmilk and donated it to other moms who were in need. This case I was able to produce enough for my son who was still getting breastmilk and my newly born daughter and still have extra.

Its really not that big of a deal. Breastfeeding is natural. I would rather take milk from a stranger than feed my child a chemical laden formula.

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by agohavivi(f): 6:23am On Oct 19, 2012
I see nothing wrong with sourcing for human milk as an alternative to formula or cattle milk. It's way better to nurse a baby with it provided the woman from whom it's sourced is healthy and adheres to a high level of hygiene. After two babies I've come to realise the importance of breast milk as against formula. Human milk truly is the ultimate. Seriously, do we really have such sites? I doubt it.
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by MadCow1: 6:26am On Oct 19, 2012
Yes I will..

Abi na my chest ehn go suck?!

Its good for the childs health.. I can sacrifice the health of my child for nothing.
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by kayswag100(m): 6:28am On Oct 19, 2012
H

2 Likes

Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by ariyebaba(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2012
NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,...................... PAP,AKAMU,OGI,KOKO WELL PREPARED WITH REQUIRED INGREDIENTS WILL DO THE MAGIC.
smileycheesy

3 Likes

Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by larrymoore(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2012
I pray notin would happen to d mothr of my baby so l wont ve a need to look for dat elsewhere.
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by chii8(f): 6:32am On Oct 19, 2012
By the time they are thru wt using preservatives on the bossom milk,it wl b same wt cow milk
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by Sissy3(f): 6:36am On Oct 19, 2012
most definitely not
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by kunlekunle: 6:38am On Oct 19, 2012
they use it for making ice cream,not for babies.
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by Ignatio(m): 6:40am On Oct 19, 2012
I find it alarming that people with no health issues say it's ok to buy breast milk for their babies. Abi una no wan make the thing fall? It must obey gravity o.
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by remmyton(f): 6:49am On Oct 19, 2012
Ignatio: I find it alarming that people with no health issues say it's ok to buy breast milk for their babies. Abi una no wan make the thing fall? It must obey gravity o.

grin grin
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by Ariyke: 6:58am On Oct 19, 2012
I dont knw undecided bt i pray nothing happens to me after giving birth so i wont be needing it.
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by bory09(m): 7:07am On Oct 19, 2012
in the western world is not big deal but in nigeria eeeyah things will change most especially those desperate business muggler. Pikin with abnormal character go just full street because make na no 4get mad woman breast milk no get different taste. Be careful o becos made in ABA na for real
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 19, 2012
Not in Nigeria. Cos you can't be sure that the breast milk you are buying is not fro pepper seller (pepper milk) or breast milk from the fish sellers in Iyana Ipaja (fish milk) or it could be breast milk from insane woman (insane milk). I don't trust Nigerians.. They can even sell breast milk from Aluu (Aluu Milk) and ur child may start behaving like Aluu. I beg, NO!!!

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by freecocoa(f): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2012
NO I wouldn't, I don't pray to be in a situation like that anyways.
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by AntiGbagaun(f): 7:27am On Oct 19, 2012
jamp: Yes naaa.

If you can buy treated cow milk for your baby why can't you buy [size=15pt]treat[/size] human milk for baby.
angry

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by Cupidkc(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2012
bory09: in the western world is not big deal but in nigeria eeeyah things will change most especially those desperate business muggler. Pikin with abnormal character go just full street because make na no 4get mad woman breast milk no get different taste. Be careful o becos made in ABA na for real

simply put Nigerians wil abuse it.
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by AntiGbagaun(f): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2012
kayswag100: why expose my babies 2 diseases like hepatitis nd HIV?

U'knw, dat formula [size=15pt]wulnt[/size] harm (especially when dey dont miss [size=15pt]deir[b][/size][/b] immunization)

When my twin girls were born, their mum was writing exams in d S/west. SMA formula did d magic. 2day, dey r healthy 14-month olds!
angry
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by dridowu: 7:35am On Oct 19, 2012
Breast milk so sweet but ...............m.......
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by condralbede(m): 7:38am On Oct 19, 2012
If we can buy cow milk 4 our babies,why cn't we buy bosom milk for them too?abeg okoli pass me d kpoli.
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by free2ryhme: 7:41am On Oct 19, 2012
ekt_bear: I wasn't even aware of this. But now that I am, yes...it seems to be more nutritious/beneficial for babies than formula.

So if my wife couldn't breastfeed, why not?

You need to see a doctor!
Re: Would You Buy bosom Milk For Your Baby? by knockturnal(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2012
Now how does this affect the price of Cowbell and peak milk in the market grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl's Nipple Is Hairy; Is This Normal? / How To Cure Infertility Using Aidan Fruit / What Natural Remedies Can One Use To Flush Out Excess Blood Sugar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.