Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood (1154 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by Neversaydie: 11:46am On Oct 19, 2012
Bauchi State Acting chairman of Northern Brotherhood Movement (NBM), Aminu Danmaliki lamented that after 36 years of spearheading the affairs of the country, the Northern Nigeria has little or nothing to show.
Danmaliki attributed the stunted growth of the region to bad and corrupt leadership.

He stated this on Wednesday at a media chat in Bauchi, affirming that the problem of the North was not lack of political power.
According to a visibly angry Danmaliki, the northerners had ruled the country for over 36 years with nothing to be proud of, stressing that the major problems of the region were lack of vision and selfish interest of Northern leaders .

He added that the Northern Brotherhood Movement is aimed at promoting peace, progress, unity and brotherhood among the various ethnic groups in the region.

He advocated for of a competent leader such as General Theophilus Danjuma (rtd) to lead the Northerners.

While lamenting that Northern leaders had failed in their respective responsibility, especially in uniting the people of the North by discarding religion, Danmaliki said barley a century after Nigeria was amalgamated in 1914, there was still no unity in the North.

He said: “Since the exit of Sardauna, which organisation has promoted peaceful co-existence among Northerners? Where have you seen? Muslim and Christian brothers living together in peace?

“Northerners failed to come up with a leader, hence our decision to champion the appointment of Danjuma as our solution.”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/19/we-ruled-nigeria-36-years-nothing-show-northern-brotherhood/

1 Like

Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by EkoAtlantic: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
Who says Northerners ain't thinking?!
Some of them have brain to know the obvious truth
cool

2 Likes

Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by kambah(m): 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
The northerners have failed in all ramifications. The leaders are nothing bt a bunch of selfish person

1 Like

Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by Pysam(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
So they knoe before I tot they re not seeing the poverty and backward mentality of their people

1 Like

Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by nduchucks: 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
Danjuma ko, Dan daudu ni.

I will support Danjuma as soon as he admits that he unlawfully "stole" acquired oil blocks belonging to Nigerians and became a multi billionaire because of the shady deals. All of these old politicians belong in prison, frankly - From OBJ, IBB, to Danjuma, Edwin Clark, and others.

They need to let the younger generation take over, these old fools have done enough damage.

4 Likes

Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by edoyad(m): 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2012
ndu_chucks: Danjuma ko, Dan daudu ni.

I will support Danjuma as soon as he admits that he unlawfully "stole" acquired oil blocks belonging to Nigerians and became a multi billionaire because of the shady deals. All of these old politicians belong in prison, frankly - From OBJ, IBB, to Danjuma, Edwin Clark, and others.

They need to let the younger generation take over, these old fools have done enough damage.

You will do us well to offer the names of the younger people you want to see being mentioned.
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by 2million1(m): 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
These politicians are just using the term "northern region" to enrich them selves and suck naija dry
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by nduchucks: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
edoyad:

You will do us well to offer the names of the younger people you want to see being mentions.

For now, just note that those old fools are no longer acceptable. I can assure you that there are quite a few younger people who are qualified. I know you will not have any objection to Rev. Kukah since religion is a key issue with you people. You people have basically destroyed my street/town because of this.

Jokes aside, its time to move on, the generation of the Danjumas has failed woefully.
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by edoyad(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
ndu_chucks:

For now, just note that those old fools are no longer acceptable. I can assure you that there are quite a few younger people who are qualified. I know you will not have any objection to Rev. Kukah since religion is a key issue with you people. You people have basically destroyed my street/town because of this.

Jokes aside, its time to move on, the generation of the Danjumas has failed woefully.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to support the Kukah idea. Religion should have its own sphere different from politics, that's not saying they can't influence some decisions.

About destroying your street, i hope your family was not unsmart enough to settle around gonin gora or anywhere across the bridge. Same way I wouldn't settle at rigasa and environs
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by Callotti: 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2012
Spoken like a patriotic Nigerian.
No mention of 'secession' o.
Admission and recognition of transgressions is the hallmark of a humble spirit.
Way to go! kiss
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by NiceKid2(f): 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
According to a visibly angry Danmaliki, the northerners had ruled the country for over 36 years with nothing to be proud of, stressing that the major problems of the region were lack of vision and selfish interest of Northern leaders
I'm telling you! Can you imagine, out of the 52years of post-independence rule in Nigeria, the North has held power for a greater part. Yet mos northern states are being ravaged by poverty. Most northern politicians are only concerned with enriching themselves and stacking up wealth for their generations yet unborn. They selfishly don't have the affairs of the masses at heart, which is rather unfortunate
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by Rossikk(m): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2012

My brother, you're being unduly idealistic. What makes you think whoever succeeds the likes of Danjuma would be any less likely to 'arrange' themselves even as they're bearing the leadership mantle? In fact the younger they are the more likely they'll be to want to 'secure their future' as it were.

The reason those folks chose Danjuma is merely because of the sense of economic dynamism and awareness that he brings to the table. Someone like Danjuma for instance, could lead a push for the northern oligarchy to begin re-investing their foreign-stashed loot in the local economy, develop job boosting businesses etc. He is also a modern business person who understands the requirements for a modern economy.
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by patrickmuf(m): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2012
The Jonathan/sambo 2015 plot has just started...This is just another propaganda aimed at justifying GEJ quest to contest for the 2015 presidential election
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by nduchucks: 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
Rossikk:

My brother, you're being unduly idealistic. What makes you think whoever succeeds the likes of Danjuma would be any less likely to 'arrange' themselves even as they're bearing the leadership mantle? In fact the younger they are the more likely they'll be to want to 'secure their future' as it were.

The reason those folks chose Danjuma is merely because of the sense of economic dynamism and awareness that he brings to the table. Someone like Danjuma for instance, could lead a push for the northern oligarchy to begin re-investing their foreign-stashed loot in the local economy, develop job boosting businesses etc. He is also a modern business person who understands the requirements for a modern economy.

You raised some valid points and yes, I may seem to be too idealistic.

Lets explore Danjuma's candidacy for a minute, under what party do you believe he would run or could run successfully?
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by DerideGull(m): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
Neversaydie: Bauchi State Acting chairman of Northern Brotherhood Movement (NBM), Aminu Danmaliki lamented that after 36 years of spearheading the affairs of the country, the Northern Nigeria has little or nothing to show.
Danmaliki attributed the stunted growth of the region to bad and corrupt leadership.

He stated this on Wednesday at a media chat in Bauchi, affirming that the problem of the North was not lack of political power.
According to a visibly angry Danmaliki, the northerners had ruled the country for over 36 years with nothing to be proud of, stressing that the major problems of the region were lack of vision and selfish interest of Northern leaders .

He added that the Northern Brotherhood Movement is aimed at promoting peace, progress, unity and brotherhood among the various ethnic groups in the region.

He advocated for of a competent leader such as General Theophilus Danjuma (rtd) to lead the Northerners.

While lamenting that Northern leaders had failed in their respective responsibility, especially in uniting the people of the North by discarding religion, Danmaliki said barley a century after Nigeria was amalgamated in 1914, there was still no unity in the North.

He said: “Since the exit of Sardauna, which organisation has promoted peaceful co-existence among Northerners? Where have you seen? Muslim and Christian brothers living together in peace?

“Northerners failed to come up with a leader, hence our decision to champion the appointment of Danjuma as our solution.”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/19/we-ruled-nigeria-36-years-nothing-show-northern-brotherhood/

The above show of shame is nothing but a well calculated and deceitful shenanigan akin to the trolling of July 29. 1966. Granted the Bauchi State Acting chairman of Northern Brotherhood Movement (NBM), Aminu Danmaliki allegedly lamented the 36 years misrule of Nigeria by the individuals from northern region of Nigeria, he did not find it fit to pronounce that individuals from southern region of Nigeria should be given chance to stay on power for 36 years.

Rather he deceitfully played the trump card of 1966 by calling for a northerner who happens to be Christine like Gowon to assume the leadership of the northern regional political fronts. I am thrilled Danmaliki noticed there has never being a sense of unity in the northern region talk less of Nigeria. The truth remains Nigeria lacks any form of unity and the simplest solution is for nation states in Nigeria to sue for separation.

Both USSR and Yugoslavia do not exist in the form we used to know them. The most irony of the story remains USSR was an undisputable major arms supplier to Nigeria during the war of secession.
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by Onlytruth(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2012

I highlighted the solid points in your comment.
Don't allow idealists with no sense of history confuse you.

Danjuma understands modern economy? I de laff.
Tell me what is there to understand about cornering your nation's oil blocks, leasing or selling it to whoever can pay, and sitting back to enjoy your loot
proceeds. lol

Younger Nigerians are even more foolish than older ones. SMH.
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by vyqtour(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
smiley
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by MeAndYou(m): 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
Very unfortunate if u ask me
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
May God bless the Igbo nation,we Igbos have developed our region without having a shot at the centre.Who said Igbos aren't the best?Come to my village and see were guys are singlehandedly building roads,schools,libraries etc.

Igbo Kwenu!
Re: We Ruled Nigeria For 36 Years With Nothing To Show – Northern Brotherhood by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
Northern leaders may have failed her people but the Notherners have not tried enough in their own capacity.

It's easy to blame IBB or Danjuma but people can actually choose to make progress, try to succeed and educate themselves against all odds!

This is how the south has progressed over the years. People take responsibility for their individual progress and by so doing the society succeeds!

Don't wait for Government or leaders all the time!

(1) (Reply)

GOVERNOR Amosun Of Ogun State Cedes 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State / . / Breaking News National Secretary Of Ohanaeze Warn Gej About Second Term Bid..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.