Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) (8979 Views)

We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / ''the Lies Of AIT And GEJ In Their Buhari Documentary'' - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by jason123: 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
First of all, I must say, KUDOS to GEJ and PHNC. The Power Supply situation in Nigeria has greatly improved. At least, you get 16-20 hours of constant POWER SUPPLY which is unusual and welcomed considering how it was during my last visit to Nigeria (YEARS back).

Concerning Lagos state:

Lagos state has GREATLY IMPROVED. The traffic lights (most people adhere to it but you trust Lagosians, a few, especially the Okadas and Danfos break the lights), Lasma guys enforcing the law (I see everyone with their seat-belts strapped on, no answering of calls etc), the street sweepers cleaning every nook and cranny (God bless and reward them abundantly), BRT functioning well within their designated lanes, the RRS and ambulance (Rapid Response Squad) vehicles and personnel stationed at strategic places all over the state, monuments (eg Lekki-Ikoyi bridge. The first suspension bridge in West Africa is almost completed. I saw the bridge myself and felt a sense of pride being a Nigerian), parks (eg Oshodi looks good now compared to 10 yrs back), the dump site and recycle center at Ikeji (I think Alausa)- and before I forget, the roads repair personnel cannot be left out. They work day in and out to ensure smoother roads (I see them alot in different places with their trucks parked and the guys repair the little pot-holes with bitumen and granite), although most roads in the states are still VERY bad.

Indeed, Governor Fashola has tried! He has tried compared to other states. I traveled round with the exception of the SE and most of the SS (cause of the kidnapping situation). I also could not visit Delta state but I stayed in Edo state for a while (I really enjoyed it! To my Edo brothers, ere gue! wink) and to be honest, Governor Oshiomole really tried on Ring road and its environs but the rest is not praise worthy but the people of the state love him undecided (He is better than the Igbinedions)-more can be done in the state. As for other states (Most of the NC, SW, NW; , all I can do is SMH!!!! sad. Only Ogun state and a few towns in Oyo state tried)

Back to Fashola,

My dear Fashola fans, FASHOLA CAN DO MORE.

1) Most of the roads are TERRIBLE! Iyana paja, Mushin, Apapa/Wharf etc are in VERY TERRIBLE STATES! Haba!!! What is he doing? He has tried, YES but more can definitely be done!

2) The LASMA guys are thieves! How can one know whether a road allows one-way traffic or two-ways. Yes, there are sign boards before you enter some very few roads but MOST are without sign boards.

3) The money collected in Lekki is just absurd! 300N just to enter Lekki and come out?! Haba, that's too much!

4) The "thieving" Ojuyobo (Tinubu) has virtually owned the whole Lagos state and indeed, most of the SW except Ondo where MIMIKO will DEFINITELY WIN (I spent some time there and I know how the people feel)!

Fashola has tried but more can certainly be done!

11 Likes

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by otokx(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
nice report.

1 Like

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
Errr...I still like where I de.. Thanks for.the info BTW.. lipsrsealed
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by aljharem(m): 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
lol I told you tinubu was a waste of time grin

congrats anyway

1 Like

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by AndreUweh(m): 11:18pm On Oct 19, 2012
alj harem: lol I told you tinubu was a waste of time grin

congrats anyway
Alh Uche, don't let Eko ile see this your post lest you not be in trouble.
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by aljharem(m): 11:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
Andre Uweh:

why ? He knows the reason why I do not like Tinubu. I share his ideas but not the same route

1 Like

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by 2million1(m): 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
My concern is where u wrote 16 to 20hrs of electricity....cuz in my area we've nt had up to 2 hrs of constant electricity since the begining of this week
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by FreeGlobe(f): 12:05am On Oct 20, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Which one is Alh Uche again? Haram will not kill me grin
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by lacasa: 1:49am On Oct 20, 2012
Fashola has set the Pace

#1 Governor

Sai 2015 cool
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by karlmax2: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2012
jason123: First of all, I must say, KUDOS to GEJ and PHNC. The Power Supply situation in Nigeria has greatly improved. At least, you get 16-20 hours of constant POWER SUPPLY which is unusual and welcomed considering how it was during my last visit to Nigeria (YEARS back).

Concerning Lagos state:

Lagos state has GREATLY IMPROVED. The traffic lights (most people adhere to it but you trust Lagosians, a few, especially the Okadas and Danfos break the lights), Lasma guys enforcing the law (I see everyone with their seat-belts strapped on, no answering of calls etc), the street sweepers cleaning every nook and cranny (God bless and reward them abundantly), BRT functioning well within their designated lanes, the RRS and ambulance (Rapid Response Squad) vehicles and personnel stationed at strategic places all over the state, monuments (eg Lekki-Ikoyi bridge. The first suspension bridge in West Africa is almost completed. I saw the bridge myself and felt a sense of pride being a Nigerian), parks (eg Oshodi looks good now compared to 10 yrs back), the dump site and recycle center at Ikeji (I think Alausa)- and before I forget, the roads repair personnel cannot be left out. They work day in and out to ensure smoother roads (I see them alot in different places with their trucks parked and the guys repair the little pot-holes with bitumen and granite), although most roads in the states are still VERY bad.

Indeed, Governor Fashola has tried! He has tried compared to other states. I traveled round with the exception of the SE and most of the SS (cause of the kidnapping situation). I also could not visit Delta state but I stayed in Edo state for a while (I really enjoyed it! To my Edo brothers, ere gue! wink) and to be honest, Governor Oshiomole really tried on Ring road and its environs but the rest is not praise worthy but the people of the state love him undecided (He is better than the Igbinedions)-more can be done in the state. As for other states (Most of the NC, SW, NW; , all I can do is SMH!!!! sad. Only Ogun state and a few towns in Oyo state tried)

Back to Fashola,

1) Most of the roads are TERRIBLE! Iyana paja, Mushin, Apapa/Wharf etc are in VERY TERRIBLE STATES! Haba!!! What is he doing? He has tried, YES but more can definitely be done!

2) The LASMA guys are thieves! How can one know whether a road allows one-way traffic or two-ways. Yes, there are sign boards before you enter some very few roads but MOST are without sign boards.

3) The money collected in Lekki is just absurd! 300N just to enter Lekki and come out?! Haba, that's too much!

4) The "thieving" Ojuyobo (Tinubu) has virtually owned the whole Lagos state and indeed, most of the SW except Ondo where MIMIKO will DEFINITELY WIN (I spent some time there and I know how the people feel)!

for the fact that this is coming from a GEJ critic on nairaland is a wellcome developement.I would have loved u mentioned a thing or too about the ongoing remodelling of the MMA.

2 Likes

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by ITbomb(m): 8:48am On Oct 20, 2012
jason123:
I traveled round with the exception of the SE and most of the SS (cause of the kidnapping situation).

See this man o, Wetin u get , u no know say kidnappers get choice for kidnappee. Na ur type dem dey waste money buy food for but u no get anybody to come pay ur ransom

2 Likes

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by warrior01: 9:11am On Oct 20, 2012
ITbomb:
See this man o, Wetin u get , u no know say kidnappers get choice for kidnappee. Na ur type dem dey waste money buy food for but u no get anybody to come pay ur ransom
Abeg, mind your business; na you dey give am money wey him dey take travel?
@ op, thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by bid4rich(m): 9:34am On Oct 20, 2012
Thanks for the info man, i'll definately travel up to Nigeria this December. I want to see it for myself
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by Noiseless2: 9:35am On Oct 20, 2012
Huu huu! Alhj_harem aka jason123 aka lacasa, continue fooling yourself with multiple nairaland ids, soon you will appear with ancelot,torkata and many more. Get a life boko haram.
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by dridowu: 9:37am On Oct 20, 2012
Eko oni bajeeee ooooo
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by mikuz(m): 9:52am On Oct 20, 2012
ITbomb:
grin grin grin
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by UNLEASHED(m): 9:58am On Oct 20, 2012
Noiseless2: Huu huu! Alhj_harem aka jason123 aka lacasa, continue fooling yourself with multiple nairaland ids, soon you will appear with ancelot,torkata and many more. Get a life boko haram.

BUSTED!
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by chucky234(m): 10:02am On Oct 20, 2012
karl max: for the fact that this is coming from a GEJ critic on nairaland is a wellcome developement.I would have loved u mentioned a thing or too about the ongoing remodelling of the MMA.
Ignorant they say is a disease,what has Lagos assessment got to do with GEJ,beside my Lagos is in terrible state. You need to visit Mushin,Okomaiko,Ajangbadi,Orile,Festac town,Maza-maza,Amukoko,Ajegunle,Ketu,Ijora-badia,Aguda,Coker,Okota,Ejigbo,Ipaja where majority of Lagosians live to see the horrible state of roads and the living condition of the people in those areas before you eulogizes GEJ.
By the way power has since returned to its usual poor state,there is absolutely nothing to celebrate.

1 Like

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by justsayemma(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2012
M not a fan of Tinubu,bt 1 questn I kip askin is hw many of our saint politicians would ve run Lagos state 4 months without fed alocation? I wuld ve lov d Op 2 also tel us hw many fg project has been completed in SW,b4 praisin GEJ
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by jason123: 10:26am On Oct 20, 2012
karl max: for the fact that this is coming from a GEJ critic on nairaland is a wellcome developement.I would have loved u mentioned a thing or too about the ongoing remodelling of the MMA.

MMA is still bad but manageable! GEJ has really tried! I passed through Omotosho power plant and I see people working! It is really a pleasant scenery.

ITbomb:

ROMFL! grin grin grin grin
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by frankcimc(m): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2012
Nice one there OP, same here I did enjoyed lag too, but I realize Lagos is divided into two now the island and the mainland, the differences are becoming too obvious. The mainland is full of madt ppl Lol smiley
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by jason123: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2012
justsayemma: M not a fan of Tinubu,bt 1 questn I kip askin is hw many of our saint politicians would ve run Lagos state 4 months without fed alocation? I wuld ve lov d Op 2 also tel us hw many fg project has been completed in SW,b4 praisin GEJ

First of all, NA ONLY SW DEY NAIJA? Go to other states and see things yourself! He will still come to the SW. Other regions lack Federal presence and GEJ is correcting that. In the SW, Omotosho power plant is working. That, I commend GEJ for.
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by jason123: 10:31am On Oct 20, 2012
frankcimc: Nice one there OP, same here I did enjoyed lag too, but I realize Lagos is divided into two now the island and the mainland, the differences are becoming too obvious. The mainland is full of madt ppl Lol smiley

Glad you did smiley!

@ the highlighted, you can't be more correct!
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2012
pictures would be nice
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by Hardfact: 11:03am On Oct 20, 2012
chucky234: besides my Lagos is in terrible state. You need to visit Mushin,Okomaiko,Ajangbadi,Orile,Festac town,Maza-maza,Amukoko,Ajegunle,Ketu,Ijora-badia,Aguda,Coker,Okota,Ejigbo,Ipaja where majority of Lagosians live to see the horrible state of roads and the living condition of the people in those areas.
Chuks you must be in tune with the stark realities staring the people in the face in Lagos!
In his first 4 years Gov Fash made palpable moves at people-oriented projects but this time its a different kettle of fish, more like "revenue-oriented projects". Forget the flowers you see around the highways. Forget the hype. The interiors give the real picture. Many projects seem abandoned. For eg I know of a major road somewhere in Orile, among many others which have been put in more sorry state in the name of being "under construction" since 2008. Taps dont run anymore, etc
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by RickyRoss1(m): 11:32am On Oct 20, 2012
jason123: First of all, I must say, KUDOS to GEJ and PHNC. The Power Supply situation in Nigeria has greatly improved. At least, you get 16-20 hours of constant POWER SUPPLY which is unusual and welcomed considering how it was during my last visit to Nigeria (YEARS back).

Concerning Lagos state:

Back to Fashola,

Nice report, I commend fashola as well, and I know he needs to do more, he concentrates mainly on the high brow areas, i mean the big men quarters, he forgot the poor people that voted him in.

Re- SE, South East is very safe, nobody is kidnapping you unless you come back and start bragging and boasting and club endlessly. I come in and out of Nigeria with rich friends and poor friends, none has been kidnapped. If you use your head you will be safe in Nigeria, but if you start calling people weeks or months b4 u come home, and u start telling them how much investments you have, you will be betrayed by your best friend. I don't tell anyone my going out and coming in except my immediately family. You can come home with 20 million dollars and invest it and go back without problem, but once you start clubbing a lot and start going from one joint to another one day people will notice your extravagant lifestyle and set you up.

Next time come to PHC, Enugu, Owerri and Uyo and you will be marveled how fast Nigeria is developing. In Rivers state they have a brand new city built from scratch with first class facilities. You can Google GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY for more info..

2 Likes

Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by jason123: 11:37am On Oct 20, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Nice report, I commend fashola as well, and I know he needs to do more, he concentrates mainly on the high brow areas, i mean the big men quarters, he forgot the poor people that voted him in.

Re- SE, South East is very safe, nobody is kidnapping you unless you come back and start bragging and boasting and club endlessly. I come in and out of Nigeria with rich friends and poor friends, none has been kidnapped. If you use your head you will be safe in Nigeria, but if you start calling people weeks or months b4 u come home, and u start telling them how much investments you have, you will be betrayed by your best friend. I don't tell anyone my going out and coming in except my immediately family. You can come home with 20 million dollars and invest it and go back without problem, but once you start clubbing a lot and start going from one joint to another one day people will notice your extravagant lifestyle and set you up.

Next time come to PHC, Enugu, Owerri and Uyo and you will be marveled how fast Nigeria is developing. In Rivers state they have a brand new city built from scratch with first class facilities. You can Google GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY for more info..

Thanks for the sound advise. Rivers, Imo and Enugu are next! Very very soon, watch this space!

@ The highlighted
You summarized Lagos state!
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by reemix123(m): 11:41am On Oct 20, 2012

Is this 16-20 hours per week, per month or per year. Because if you think its per day you are under a delusion or you were not aware when they switched on the generator. Don't fool yourself or tell lies tell the truth where are the road sweepers ? Who is repairing roads ? You probably left your village and came to Lagos thats why you are amazed. If you came from abroad you would understand that we have a big challenge that needs to be fixed
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by Niseamaka(m): 11:44am On Oct 20, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Very good point, lying low is the key to staying safe when one visits home.
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by otokx(m): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2012
Brand new city in Port Harcourt ni, Brand new city in Port Harcourt ko, my people do not be deceived, there is not much to write home about in Port Harcourt, no road, no road, no road, no road, pot hole, basin hole in fact mountain hole and rivers hole, we are all praying for dry season to come so that we can get some relief.
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by OmoTier1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
The OP is a joke! I was in Nigeria during Yar'dua's time, stay in Lagos, Benin, Abuja, Warri, Effurun. In lagos, in some places, Lekki, Ikeja (some areas) there was electricity for 24hrs, other places like Egbeda, Iyana-wetin electricity was only available for 12 to 16hrs. In Benin City, in the GRA areas, electricity was available for 20hrs a day. In Warri, it was generator all the way! Same with Effurun the kidnap Headquaters. In Abuja, same experience as in Lagos. I was down there last year, my heart was broken! It was like everything has gone backwards cry

Yes, there is alot ongoing in terms of power, as one can even see new High Tension KVA lines being constructed when travelling to Abuja but these are nothing to celebrate as GEJ's transformation.
Re: To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) by tonym1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
Very good report of Lagos, fair enough Gov Fashola has done some great things in Lagos but at the same destroyed the life of so many poor people. For example the banning of the okada's will cause serious crime in the city, how does he expect people to survive. The unemployment rate is extremely high, mostly the Island has been beautified with some other parts in Lagos but is it beauty we want to eat.

The fees on the toll gate is just a joke and when it rains heavily, the roads are extremely bad. To me personal I think Fashola was just a figure head in charge of Lagos while Tinubu is the one controlling the whole show. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUSUN Suspends Strike In Federal Courts / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Oshiomhole Urges Nigerians To Shun Riots, Denounces Naira Swap Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.